• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New in Town

Ok ,

a little update ,

Got the bike out of storage and its in my garage at home.

Put some insurance on it today so I can get the plate and inspection stickers .

I was maxed out on both my Progressive policies that only allow 4 bikes per each .

So , I had to start another . :eek2:

Carb is off , and soaking in cleaner tonight .

Hopefully if every goes as planned , I can get it cleaned and back on the bike and running decent , and if time allows , get 1 or both stickers .

I hope Rydah has explained that this is not a Slab / Superslab / or even a FM Bike .

It's a learning tool for you to get started , Turning / leaning , Counter steering , braking , shifting , and MOST IMPORTANTLY , while doing everything mentioned above at the same time , looking out for anything that can cause you any danger.

My #1 rule is to be constantly be scanning and asking yourself , what am I gonna do if , an animal runs in front of me , or the car coming towards me will make a left turn cause you were not seen , a big pothole or bad road conditions happen right now , or if the bike quits running and stalls etc , etc , etc .

Or maybe a washout on the beach or somewhere else that creeps up and your going at an unstoppable speed :duck:

My #2 rule is , ALWAYS HAVE AN OUT OF DANGER MANEUVER TO KEEP YOU SAFE AT ALL TIMES FOR ANYTHING THROWN AT YOU :deal:

This bike actually is for parking lots , neighborhoods , cul de sac's , or any other place with little or nothing that can distract you .

I apologize for the long winded post .

I'll keep yall updated on the progression of getting it to you .

Big

This is why TWT is such a wonderful place to be associated with.:clap:

Thanks again, Marko. I appreciate this so much. Please keep me posted on the bike's status.

Jay, I will gladly accept the loan on that XR200 once I get the hang of things. Thank you.

Ya'all are wonderful. :)

Hello all! I am WingWoman's daughter and Darmie's stepdaughter. I moved to the Houston area about 2.5 weeks ago and I already know I love it here. I found this group through my mom and stepfather and have found you all to be extremely kind and welcoming. I do not have a bike of my own yet but I would love to learn how to ride and have my own bike someday. As you can see from my username, I already know what I want. :P I'm looking forward to meeting and getting to know everyone.

:welcome: to the forum. Great people here abouts for all the above reasons. Good luck on getting your future ride and always be safe.

Last edited:
Try Geico, no limit that I know of. Currently have 7 bikes insured but did have 8 on a single policy.

_

Thanks, I really don't like dealing with Progressive due to the whole George Soros thing. They were the cheapest though back when I bought the Harley in '01.

Ok ,

a little update ,

Got the bike out of storage and its in my garage at home.

Put some insurance on it today so I can get the plate and inspection stickers .

I was maxed out on both my Progressive policies that only allow 4 bikes per each .

So , I had to start another . :eek2:

Carb is off , and soaking in cleaner tonight .

Hopefully if every goes as planned , I can get it cleaned and back on the bike and running decent , and if time allows , get 1 or both stickers .

I hope Rydah has explained that this is not a Slab / Superslab / or even a FM Bike .

It's a learning tool for you to get started , Turning / leaning , Counter steering , braking , shifting , and MOST IMPORTANTLY , while doing everything mentioned above at the same time , looking out for anything that can cause you any danger.

My #1 rule is to be constantly be scanning and asking yourself , what am I gonna do if , an animal runs in front of me , or the car coming towards me will make a left turn cause you were not seen , a big pothole or bad road conditions happen right now , or if the bike quits running and stalls etc , etc , etc .

Or maybe a washout on the beach or somewhere else that creeps up and your going at an unstoppable speed :duck:

My #2 rule is , ALWAYS HAVE AN OUT OF DANGER MANEUVER TO KEEP YOU SAFE AT ALL TIMES FOR ANYTHING THROWN AT YOU :deal:

This bike actually is for parking lots , neighborhoods , cul de sac's , or any other place with little or nothing that can distract you .

I apologize for the long winded post .

I'll keep yall updated on the progression of getting it to you .

Big

That deserves a flag!

Welcome to the TWT and the riding world GsxrGrl.

Hello young lady , Galveston here .

If you wanna learn a little before getting a big bike ,

I'll be glad to let you use a Street legal, when I get the new plate sticker ,

and clean the carb , about an hour ,

A nice CT110 . If that's an option for ya ,

I'll get it going next week or so .

Yall can come pick it up and use it as long as you need till your ready to move to a bigger bike .

Maybe 1 of Jbirds CR500's once your ready .

:duck:

A big :clap: to you Marko for helping out the next generation of riders.

I think we need to start her out on one of the CR500s. Anything else will be a piece if cake afterwards. :trust:

In all seriousness, after you learn on the CT, I do have a XR200 (offroad only) that would be an awesome way to learn how to use a clutch. It's fairly mellow and and won't have you flopping in the breeze like the CR.
36b8786f.gif

My son started his riding on an XR200. We have 26 acres so I was able to keep an eye on him and give him pointers as he rode. He's now got an FZ1 and is looking hard at the new updated Kawasaki Z1000.

FYI, the CT/Cub shifter is clunky and very wierd. The clutch lever is integrated into the foot pedal. You use your kneel to up-shift. Shifting could be a problem if your ankle is not flexible.

You are all so wonderful and welcoming. I can't wait to get out there and start learning. :)

I'm going to see Rydah tomorrow night and he and I will discuss when he'll be available to help me pick up the bike. Thanks again, Marko.

Howdy and welcome! When I first look at your screen name vs your avatar pic I was like "that ain't no GSXR" LOL

Riding in Houston can be a real challenge sometimes. Be safe out there.

OK, that looks like fun. I don't know about that jump at the end but yes please to the rest.

Re: UPDATE

Bike has passed inspection with a little bit of persuasion . :trust:

Also , Plates are good now for another year .

For being 35 yrs old , She's running Like a Clock and ready to be nominated to the Honda 1st kick club :mrgreen: . at least it did over last weekend .

Gonna see how she starts and runs tomorrow with the cold front moving through ,and if she passes the test ,

GsxrGirl ,

It will be time to start your riding lessons . . :rider:

IMG_2577.jpg

YAAAAAAAY!!! I am so excited!!! I will get in touch with Rydah and see when he and his truck can help me pick up the bike. Thank you SO much, Marko!

YAAAAAAAY!!! I am so excited!!! I will get in touch with Rydah and see when he and his truck can help me pick up the bike. Thank you SO much, Marko!

Ha ,

I'm just chilling with the kids and looking at forums and email and you post, while my daughter and I are singing All about that Base bout that Base , no treble . I'm beginning to get sick and tired of that Daaang song . Anyways ,

Tomorrow A.M.,

Should be the last day of R & D since temps should be nice and chilled for the last test .:deal:

Hopefully , gonna kick it out and send it to QC dept early P.M. for the final stamp of approval that says , SHIP . :thumb:

Re: Time to get started

Ok GsxrGrl,

You And Rydah are ready to get started . :clap:

Let me know when yall wanna come down and pick it up .

Oh , this is my 1st attempt at a vid upload , sorry about the quality , hopefully it'll get better .

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96KbNzfCcy4"]Honda CT110 1st Kick Club Ready for Riding lessons - YouTube[/ame]

Ha ,

I'm just chilling with the kids and looking at forums and email and you post, while my daughter and I are singing All about that Base bout that Base , no treble . I'm beginning to get sick and tired of that Daaang song . Anyways ,

:

All da right junk in all da right places :) :) :) lol.

I ain't no size two. Hahah

Signatures ???? We don't need no stinking signatures !!!!!

Re: Time to get started

Ok GsxrGrl,

You And Rydah are ready to get started . :clap:

Let me know when yall wanna come down and pick it up .

I just talked to Rydah. We can be there around 6pm Thursday. Does that work for you?

Back