• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club Meeting First Thursday

The January meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Club will be held on Thursday, the 15th at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

We delayed this month due to the first Thursday being NYD.

And weather may cooperate. I have a severe case of cabin fever too

Slight chance of rain tonight, clearing tomorrow. Should be mid-40s riding to the meet up, low 40s or very high 30s riding home. Not bad.

Beats the heck out of my morning ride to work the last two weeks - upper 20s to low 30s. I'm ready for spring!

Has your club reached the point at which participation in work days is mandatory?

Has your club reached the point at which participation in work days is mandatory?

What's a "work day", Bill?

Further; if it's anything to do with actual work, I don't want anything to do with it.
I thought the main qualification for membership was the desire to be a profligate wastrel.

Is Thursday a work day for you? ;-)
Sorry to hear that, but it's always good to see you at the meetings.

Anyway, I think the answer to your question, is "No".
As long as we get dues, we don't care.

Bill, whatever do you mean?

I'm under the impression that to be a proper club you must have by-laws, officers (with regular elections) and work days. There's more to club-ness than merely selling stickers!

I'm under the impression that to be a proper club you must have by-laws, officers (with regular elections) and work days. There's more to club-ness than merely selling stickers!

FYI, we are not selling stickers! We bought stickers with club dues, and each paid-in-full member is entitled to one, two for family memberships; voted on by the membership at a club meeting.

We have by-laws from December 1987, when the club was founded; updated two years ago by the membership (reducing the cost of dues).

We have four officers, and have held elections.

We have discussed a tech day or some such activity, but haven't done anything yet.

We have held two events with participants from multiple states: Texas National Picnic 2013 & 2014.

We just don't strictly adhere to Robert's Rule of Order every meeting.

I do like the idea of adopting a bit of road. Instead of a two-mile stretch, maybe we our sign could state:

The next seven curves adopted by ETBMW+MC :rider:

FYI, we are not selling stickers! We bought stickers with club dues, and each paid-in-full member is entitled to one, two for family memberships; voted on by the membership at a club meeting.

We have by-laws from December 1987, when the club was founded; updated two years ago by the membership (reducing the cost of dues).

We have four officers, and have held elections.

We have discussed a tech day or some such activity, but haven't done anything yet.

We have held two events with participants from multiple states: Texas National Picnic 2013 & 2014.

We just don't strictly adhere to Robert's Rule of Order every meeting.

I do like the idea of adopting a bit of road. Instead of a two-mile stretch, maybe we our sign could state:

The next seven curves adopted by ETBMW+MC :rider:

:rofl:

Hey guys, ole Dutch wandered over yesterday to the house I'm working on, next to his and reminded me of your pow wow tonight. Thought about riding down and meeting up. Rode with a few of you back in November over to Caddo Lake for catfish. If it's OK, thought about dragging along another rider too?

Hey guys, ole Dutch wandered over yesterday on the house I'm working on, next to his and reminded me of your pow wow tonight. Thought about riding down and meeting up. Rode with a few of you back in November over to Caddo Lake for catfish. If it's OK, thought about dragging along another rider too?

You are certainly welcome to attend and bring a friend! Legends Burgers around 6:30 p.m.

Rich

Hey guys, ole Dutch wandered over yesterday to the house I'm working on, next to his and reminded me of your pow wow tonight. Thought about riding down and meeting up. Rode with a few of you back in November over to Caddo Lake for catfish. If it's OK, thought about dragging along another rider too?

Come on !!

Can't make tonight, sorry to miss seeing the new RT Glenn. BTW, congrats! I think this month's 1st Saturday was a wash. So I'm getting breakfast at the Skyline Cafe on Saturday, 9am (sleeping in) if anyone's interested. The current Saturday forecast shows 62 for the high and sunshine all day, yippee! I'm gonna have to find a fun way home.

Nice bike Glenn!

Good meet-up, 12 bikes & 14 people on a cold January night. The last couple of years we had 4 people show up on nights like this - the club is growing.

We are buying more stickers and a 4' x 5' banner with the club logo. We are also up to 21 members! Up from 13 last year.

However, it was a cold 40-mile ride home.

Yep, Weather Bug reported 35. Had to keep it under a hundred for the chill factor. Nice meeting with you guys last night. Darn, I missed seeing Glenn's bike. What did you get Glenn?

Only had ann issue with my fingers getting cold on the way home.

Rich

Only had ann issue with my fingers getting cold on the way home.

Rich

I saw from the off ramp that the case hadn't fallen off.
When do you want to fix that?

Does this qualify as a thread hijack?
If so, is there some sort of penalty?

Back