• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club Meeting First Thursday

Sounds good, looks about like a 2.3 hr drive, gotta Ck the job schedule tomorrow.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, looks like the rain is projected to pass by mid-morning Thursday and it should warm up to the high 30s by the middle of the day, 33-35 by 7 p.m. Still doable, but chilly.

Looking forward to it! Any temp as long as it's dry makes for a good ride (or maybe I just have cabin fever).;-)

How're you feeling about it this morning, skip?

We're leaving in the pre-dawn darkness tomorrow for a spring ski trip with a couple of the grandsons. It's likely you'll have to ride to J'ville alone.

How're you feeling about it this morning, skip?

We're leaving in the pre-dawn darkness tomorrow for a spring ski trip with a couple of the grandsons. It's likely you'll have to ride to J'ville alone.

As of right now, if this white stuff is pretty much done AND the roads are pretty much dry I'm riding. (I reserve the right to change my mind at approximately 5:30 PM)

I know this may be sacrilege to suggest this, but you could always drive.

Ah well, it would be poor form to expose ya'll to the risk of a cold. I'm not really over it yet. I'll look forward to next week's meet and greet.

Projected high today in the low 40s, mid 30s for the ride home tonight. It'll be cold, but I've been colder.

Hope to see at least a few people there.

Decent turnout, had seven in attendance. Good food. Good meet-up.

Rich

And everyone rode. Except for one, who had some lame story about the dog ate his battery, or some such.

The April meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Club will be held on Thursday, the 2nd at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

It should be warm, but could be wet - bring your rain gear. Put your bike on the tender now (hint, hint).

I think I'll crash this party on my Japanese bike.

I am learning to read a calendar now...I will be there since I am not going to Big Bend until the next week.

Just in case I forget...there will be a new guy there that I met this morning riding a K1200LT.....Manfred lives near Jacksonville.

Ron

I plan to bring presents for Rick, Skip, & Glen. I may have some small trinkets for others.

Wow! What a good meeting!

Sorry I was late but it couldn't be helped. Well, I guess I didn't have to ride into town, buy a gas can & gas, and ride back down the road so that GS rider could make it to the club meeting, but I really couldn't leave him standing there on the side of the road. Could I?

We had about 15 folks so up, pretty big group. And the best part is tonight we gained five new members! I had my numbers wrong during the meeting, we now have 27 PAID MEMBERS! Up from eight or so last year.

Good meetup, good food, good grief, we have quite a club! :sun:

I'm thinking that little act of kindness is good for at least a year's worth of digs!

I did get the old and lame "It was cold when I was coming back from Bastrop" excuse for the lack of gas, though.
Have to give Tom points for creativity on that.

Back