• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: April Meet n Greet and Eat with A Ride On the Side 4/12/2015

Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Wright
Found a nice new BBQ place to turn you on to in the big city of Blanco.:eat3: The sliced brisket was excellent and the chopped bbq sandwich had a little spicy kick to it. Very good Q,sides,and they also have desserts:bbq:. Time you ask? April 12th Sunday at 11AM. Please sign in on the thread if you are coming so we can make sure there is enough brisket to go around. We will be in a side room just for us. Come for the good food,come for good folks,check out others rides,and renew friendships. All motorcycles and riders welcome. If you are a new member of the TWT family these ride to eat events are fantastic ways to make new friends and riding buddies.:rider: KP

Camping will be at my place in Lampasas. I am out in the country so we will have a nice camp fire and space for tents and such. Please let me know if you are eating only or camping and going to Sunday lunch. Hope to see a lot of new faces and bikes. Lots o'room for your ride and space to stretch out.

CAMPERS LIST:
DFW Tom
Rednigel
Shovel +1
SpiritAtBay

Maybe for camping:

JT

April 12th Sunday eleven AM
Old 300 BBQ
318 4th street
Blanco,Texas

100_4508-001_zpsjtvsztm8.jpg

100_4509-001_zpsbyag67cu.jpg

Think this is the area we will be in.

100_4512-001_zpsrvzdbxmn.jpg

Saw this sign there and thought it was funny.

100_4511-001_zpswmcyexat.jpg

The "IN" crowd.
JT
aspr
Kurt
Goat10
WhiskeySmith
need2tour
kickstand~prophet
Rednigel
randypower
youzguyz
Austin RT+1
Dataman +1
shovel+1
Green eggs and ham
Mrs. C
Builtea
Poxy
KawiTexan
SpiritAtBay.............................22

On the fence "Maybes"

Moto Tex
euromedic
Soda Pop
chiricahua

Last edited:
Re: April Meet n Greet and Eat with A Ride On the Side

Hi Drew, sign me up!
:eat3:

In!

Winterizing is wearing a jacket!
"It's Always Riding Season!"

Count me in, I love BBQ and look forward to meeting some folks.

Sorry , heading to Brazil the following week so on Sunday I will be packing my bags and spending time with the Familia.

Rich

I have eat there several times. I love their cream corn. It ranks in my top 5 BBQ places currently.:eat: I have a frequent diners card there:trust:

Yep have eaten there several times myself, but Sunday the 12th is motogp in Austin I instead will be eating overpriced track food

One of my new favorite Q places is Hays County BBQ on I35 in San Marcos, not many sides but the Q is as good as any

My lovely wife has that cream corn formula down pat, her's rivals any I have had

Found a nice new BBQ place to turn you on to in the big city of Blanco.:eat3:... Time you ask? April 12th Sunday at 11AM. Please sign in on the thread if you are coming so we can make sure there is enough brisket to go around. We will be in a side room just for us. ...

Think this is the area we will be in.

100_4512-001_zpsrvzdbxmn.jpg

The "IN" crowd.
JT
aspr
Kurt
Goat10

hmmm...Five chairs and four in the "IN" crowd. I'll take the fifth chair please.

hmmm...Five chairs and four in the "IN" crowd. I'll take the fifth chair please.

Always a smart guy in the bunch. As I recall, Drew did not say we would be sitting down, only that he thought we would be in that particular area.
Sign me up, por favor! :rider::eat:

I was going to make my first run at Cool this weekend but instead I'm riding to San Antonio to spend some time with my son. Most definitely would like to come to Blanco, though.
Me being kind of shy, it'd be nice if someone would step up and be my 'first timer Pie Run Sponsor' and introduce me to some folks so I don't feel like a b@st%rd at a family reunion

BTW, is there a designated camping venue for this RTE?
Clay in Richardson

Red,
You will not feel like the "unacknowledged one" with this crowd, even without a sponsor, have no fear!

Post up a pic of your ride, and/or yourself and we will make sure you get a warm welcome.

:rider:

Red,
You will not feel like the "unacknowledged one" with this crowd, even without a sponsor, have no fear!

Post up a pic of your ride, and/or yourself and we will make sure you get a warm welcome.

:rider:

OK
I cant figure out how to post a pic!

i can not help you there, as i cannot do it either without help!

In.
Camping?

Blanco State Park is very close. If fellow campers decide to stay there I'd like to share a site for at least Saturday night. I will be out of touch until early next week.
(Heading to vintage races at NOLA in New Orleans first thing in the morning).

I was going to make my first run at Cool this weekend but instead I'm riding to San Antonio to spend some time with my son. Most definitely would like to come to Blanco, though.
Me being kind of shy, it'd be nice if someone would step up and be my 'first timer Pie Run Sponsor' and introduce me to some folks so I don't feel like a b@st%rd at a family reunion

Clay in Richardson

Clay I would be happy to introduce you to the regulars. You will fit right in I bet. Remember we are all are the new at one time or another. Working on trying to find someone to get us a few spots and set up camp earlier on Saturday. I work Saturday till 4 so I will be there late if anyone wants to be the camp leader this time.

There is another table with two or three chairs on the other side also.:rofl: This might turn out to be a standing room only event,the Q is that good. Check out the floor. Do not forget your side walk chalk Carl.:mrgreen:

Clay in Richardson

I second the shy part, socially akward is more like it nonetheless I'll be there!

Whats there to be shy about? We all love to ride!
It will be my first as well

I would love to be there, but I am taking the Mrs. Phsablue, Lynn, down to the coast for a much deserved vacation that whole week. We will be trailering the KLR down there for some beach fun! You guys enjoy. Catch you on the next one. Big Bend was a blast. Definately going back next year.

Looks like all the state parks are booked up. Unless someone from the forum has spots reserved I'm not sure if camping is an option

Looks like all the state parks are booked up. Unless someone from the forum has spots reserved I'm not sure if camping is an option

If we cannot find a place close by. We can camp at my place in Lampasas if anyone is interested Saturday night? Plenty of tent space and a few trees for hammocks.

My closest property is in nixon which is about an hour and 45 minutes away

Back