• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hidden Falls rides

JL, thought I had a few guys ready to go up to Hidden Falls 8/28-8/30. I'm hearing a lot of excuses but I still want to come up. What kind of response are you getting? This is my first time to post. Live in Sealy. WR 250 F rider. 55 Y/O rider who still thinks he's 20.

I'd like to join y'all, but I have a left side radiator with a hole you could stick a finger thru. I found the original Lf radiator that I had JB'd up a couple years ago, it's on the bike but not sure how long it would last.
I may post up if I feel lucky later in the week.

Sam

Right now it's pretty quiet. If past experience is any indication, no one will get crowded out of any plans for HF this weekend. The Hill Country heat inspires a relaxed atmosphere during the summer months anyway, and HF has been no exception as far as I can tell.

SWEDE if you're looking for a riding partner I'm happy to oblige, but I need to warn you that I ride slow right now. If you do want or need speed, I'm perfectly comfortable with getting left behind to do my flower sniffing.

Hey Sam bummer about your bike but glad you're OK

Last edited:
I'd love to join you guys
But teach every weekend and most Tuesday , Wednesday, Friday, Monday 1/2 day, and two Thursday's a month

So if someone wants to do a mid week Thursday ride I'm in ...lol

Sounds like your priorities are really screwed up. Lol

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

Yep! I'll be there tomorrow night at the latest. Not sure which cabin I'm in, but it will have a grey tundra parked out front when I find it.

I think I am out. Sorry. Late day at work and I am just to pooped to pop. Or Brrrrp, as it were.

Sam

Sorry you won't be able to make it, Sam.

We're @Dino Falls cabin for anyone who wants to ride or changes their mind or whatever and needs an AC break. It's the THE SWEDE and I making sure gravity hasn't forgotten us right now :rider:

Last edited:
Sorry you won't be able to make it, Sam.

We're @Dino Falls cabin for anyone who wants to ride or changes their mind or whatever and needs an AC break. It's the THE SWEDE and I making sure gravity hasn't forgotten us right now :rider:

Yeah that gravity never sleeps.:lol2:

I rode the south loop and the ridge loop looking for these downhill sections I was having trouble with last time I was at HF, and I never found them. I want to remember they were on the south loop.

I noticed more rambo signs than last time too, which I avoided because I wanted to keep riding rather than walking those sections through to see if I was ready for them...maybe I was looking up for a change and they were there all along?

I don't think I did those downhill sections by accident and they weren't so intimidating this time. But then the hill with the railroad ties on top didn't seem very tall this time either.

Anyway, does anyone know what I'm talking about or is my mind scrambled from the heat again?

I need to start using that one of these days thanks

I'll find that section again eventually...

Last edited:
My grandson is starting to get tired putting around the property here, and I'd like to take him to Hidden Falls. Is there any small area for young kids to ride in where they can be supervised or do I have to man up and buy something myself to ride there with him? :rider:

There are 2 "kids" areas where you could park and watch him ride. The area closest to the full hook up sites has some small hills and is the larger of the two. The one in the back of the park is smaller and flatter with one berm. This one will be flooded if it has rained. It is hard packed, but my 6 and 8 year old have no problem riding the area.

My grandson is starting to get tired putting around the property here, and I'd like to take him to Hidden Falls. Is there any small area for young kids to ride in where they can be supervised or do I have to man up and buy something myself to ride there with him? :rider:

There are 2 "kids" areas where you could park and watch him ride. The area closest to the full hook up sites has some small hills and is the larger of the two. The one in the back of the park is smaller and flatter with one berm. This one will be flooded if it has rained. It is hard packed, but my 6 and 8 year old have no problem riding the area.

Thanks! Can a car get in OK or is a truck required?

Car can get in the larger one. I would probably park near the cabins and walk to the smaller one. The trail in can be rutted and Rocky. I'll be going out there with the kids as soon as it cools down. They are fair weather riders. Maybe we will see you out there. Another great place for kids and parents to be able to supervise is Crooked Creek. Living in Leander, it would be a longer drive for you though.

Thanks! Can a car get in OK or is a truck required?

Planning another HF ride with my new toys 9/11-9/13 if the weather stays hot :lol2:

Will post up again Thursday if I can make it happen and a cabin's available

Bummer plans fell through this time gotta reschedule :tears:

Last edited:
Ok finally another weekend @HF is in the cards. Plan on doing every weekend in October starting 10-9 if I can get away with it.

Since it's getting cooler now, not sure if I'm gonna do a cabin unless rain is in the forecast. The cabins sure are convenient so I'm not even sure I will stick to this plan. Will post up if I end up doing a cabin. $15/night will get you your own bunk if I do.

Oh and if you do want to bunk up, you'll want to bring an air mattress unless you like it plywood firm!

Ok this coming weekend I'm @HF and I'm goshdarntootinmeaning it this time.

I'm not sure I'm gonna do a cabin though with the weather prediction being so good. Will post up if I do and it'll be same deal as before (Hale's idea, really) to keep paying the fun forward

A couple of us are planning on camping out there this weekend. Some will be there Friday night. I'll be headed out after I get off Saturday morning.

Back