• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Rundown - a Mexico Adventure Rally, April 9-16, 2016

I'm ready. I am interested in sharing expenses for the way there and back. Looking a ride for me and my drz or i can take my old truck and carry one more bike. Planning on leaving georgetown early friday morning. I would rather catch a ride with someone with room but can go either way. Anyone interested?
For those who pay attention to my posts, I DIDN'T YELL THIS TIME.
Later taters,

I'm ready. I am interested in sharing expenses for the way there and back. Looking a ride for me and my drz or i can take my old truck and carry one more bike. Planning on leaving georgetown early friday morning. I would rather catch a ride with someone with room but can go either way. Anyone interested?
For those who pay attention to my posts, I DIDN'T YELL THIS TIME.
Later taters,

KEN, IT IS APPRECIATED! LOL
See ya soon-in Jalpan if not sooner

gina

Pete and Sid, room with me. My roommate canceled.

Anyone needing to share a room in Jalpan I have reservations and a spare bed. The person I was rooming with can not make the trip.

iPhone Tapatalk

Almost ready :haha:

IMG_1545-XL.jpg

IMG_1544-XL.jpg

Don't forget to pack a fire extinguisher JT .

TossingLead, I just sent you a PM about your shared room in Jalpan.

New tire on & enroute. I'll be SOTB this week if anyone is leaving early & wants to meet up for an extended ADV.
Cheers & see you in Jalpan :pirate:

Any one riding from the Conroe/Houston area Friday morning? Maybe we can get some riders together to make the trip south!

You guys enjoy & have a blast!

Unfortunately I'm out. After 30 years of stupidity, I finally broke a bone.

I made it worthwhile though, 5 breaks a bunch of torn tendons.

I have a baofeng radio if someone would like to borrow it for the trip, I'm in SW houston.

Dang, C4nuck.
That's horrible. I'm so sorry.
-Fang

I thought I was ready to go, but then I discovered my XR650L's subframe is cracked on (again). I will be scrambling to weld and reinforce this. It is my intent to still leave on time.

If any of you have tips or experience with how these XR650's frames break and need to be reinforced, please PM me links so I can can do the best job possible. I am honestly a bit vexed as I do not think I ride this bike excessively hard.

ygtotNC.jpg

RlUOY3U.jpg

This is kind of funny. Just before the Uncle's Around The Bend trip I dropped a valve and lost my cylinder. While I am very thankful these things are happening at home, the time is somewhat inconvenient.

See y'all in McAllen Friday evening.

-Fang (Steve)

Edit: you can see I have already welded in nice big frame gussets, AND I use one of those over-sized Man Racks which reach down to the passenger foot rest bolts for extra support. The frame gussets were professionally welded in with thoughtful consideration of temperature management, etc. Nevertheless you can see the frame is cracking immediately below the added gussets.

Thanks !!!

-Steve

I was in from page 1, but I managed to get audited this year and I won't be getting my tax return for another six weeks. I found out it was happening in February, but I couldn't expedite the process at all. Don't count your chickens before they hatch, I guess...
More than bummed. Got the bike prepped, passport worked out, dog sitter and got the time off work.
I'll be following along. Can't wait to see the photos!

Back