• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Rundown - a Mexico Adventure Rally, April 9-16, 2016

Scruem Rich! Truth is, you are in Mex on an motorcycle enjoying a cool soak in a fantastic place with a big smile on your face with no regards to what the critics have to spew. Enjoy the trip brother and give Linda a hug for me when ya get home. :thumb:

Scruem Rich! Truth is, you are in Mex on an motorcycle enjoying a cool soak in a fantastic place with a big smile on your face with no regards to what the critics have to spew. Enjoy the trip brother and give Linda a hug for me when ya get home. :thumb:

Critics? Critics spewing? Whaa? Not from this quarter. Having a supremo blast. Couldn't be better.

gina

Please excuse all the typos above. :doh:

Unfortunately I can't edit my posts in this thread. I'm sure you'll be able to work out what I meant to say though.:clap:

As much as I HATE missing the balance of this trip it's a good thing I headed home. Found out today I snapped my fibula and will be having surgery next week. Six to eight weeks of recovery. Sigh.

I'm really looking forward to when y'all return and have time to post your stories and picks.

Ride on! :rider::clap:

Another nice day for a ride

53785c204d494ba26c2e6fe6ba7c3bd6.jpg

ddc55aeaabd778e4cc7975924249d155.jpg

5aa4f21caa10b0eb4b40443d14a37e42.jpg

We were at 8200 feet where this one was taken.

ff90b95e72a32aaa4846cc1de70b308b.jpg

We have to be back in Austin by Saturday afternoon so we left Jalpan this morning.
Headed east.....over the pass it started raining . Super slick. Careful on your way back fellows.
We are now at the beach. A desolate place that is very beautiful. Found one guy living on a little house. Stopped to talk. He is now cooking us two whole fish.
Water is great. Sand is soft.

Attachments

• 20160414_173836.jpg
    20160414_173836.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 320
We have to be back in Austin by Saturday afternoon so we left Jalpan this morning.
Headed east.....over the pass it started raining . Super slick. Careful on your way back fellows.
We are now at the beach. A desolate place that is very beautiful. Found one guy living on a little house. Stopped to talk. He is now cooking us two whole fish.
Water is great. Sand is soft.

Mexico rules !
Thanks Richard.

Nice ride to Ciudad Victoria today. Looks like half the group went all the way to the border.

Had possibly the best barbequed chicken I have ever eaten in my life from a roadside place on the way here today.

Our new friend Ken checking out the local PD Strom

8d3c709810c8d56f8b2f06b510261fc1.jpg

Becky and I left early this morning and decided to go all the way back. Great ride today to wrap up an awesome rally. Thanks Rich for putting the Jalpan rally together! We are staying at the Clarion tonight in Mission. FYI- a group of Harleys lane split at the bridge and the border patrol guys sent them to the back of the line.

David

We left the beach around 2 pm. Crossing the bridge now.
See you at the hotel . Leaving for Austin in ty he morning.

Attachments

• 20160415_192422.jpg
    20160415_192422.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 276
Dinner with the Missisipi crew.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 289
Sorr. This was the crew at dinner tonight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 291
Random pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 286
Becky and I left early this morning and decided to go all the way back. Great ride today to wrap up an awesome rally. Thanks Rich for putting the Jalpan rally together! We are staying at the Clarion tonight in Mission. FYI- a group of Harleys lane split at the bridge and the border patrol guys sent them to the back of the line.

David
How long did the border crossing take?

Welcome back! Thanks for the pics

For those of you with Global Entry stay to the far left as you approach the boarder post. There's a long, poorly marker lane specifically for it. At 4 oclock in the afternoon on a Sunday I went through behind 3 cars in less than 5 minutes while Texxter was behind about 30 and took 45.

Back