• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Please pray for Chuck "CeeBee" Blair

He was part of the team that inspired me to take the ride I just took. May God Bless him and his family.

Re: In Memoriam

i-KTBj8dZ-XL.jpg

I'm going to send this to a professional printer, and have it mounted. I'm going to place this memory of Chuck, as I remember him here, on a wall next to my bikes. And I will think of him whenever I throw a leg over the saddle.

I cannot express in words how profoundly this man impacted my life. He had a quality about him that was almost reverent.

Do you all remember the scene in Saving Private Ryan, when the "old" Private Ryan at the cemetery asked his wife to reassure him he lived a life as a good man. She gave him that reassurance.

Chuck was a good man. In the ways the definition a "good man" is often lost these days.

I cannot get my head around the fact he is no longer here to talk to.

If you have buds here on twtex.com or elsewhere, where you share your passion for moto travel and everything else, just remember, you and they will transition some day.

What a gift his life meant. Love you, Chuck.

Last edited:
When ever I would find out Chuck would be on the ride, it always made me look forward to it even more. He will be missed...

Hard news to hear.

I met chuck on a steamy afternoon in Sam Houston National Forest. He helped me meet quite a few of the Austin based dual sport/enduro hooligans that I know.

See you on the other side, my friend.

Just wanted to add a few picts of Chuck. Sure had a great time riding with him throughout the years. He really was a great guy, I'm going to miss him.

We spent three weeks together last October riding around Mexico. He had heard of a cool town on the southern coast of Mexico that he wanted to check out, so we did.

Hanging at our palapa in Mazunta
IMG_1829-M.jpg

Chilling at the beach smoking a stogie
IMG_1791-M.jpg

He looked for this meal at almost every restaurant we stopped at and finally found it in Tulum. It's a whole fish with the head still on it. We laughed about how it was staring back at him
IMG_1901-M.jpg

Somewhere around San Christobal he lost his yellow tented sunglasses and had to buy this goofy pair. It was that or nothing. I laughed every time he put them on!
IMG_1879-M.jpg

He bought from the local street people every chance that he could. Here he bought fresh strawberries while we were enjoying a really good cup of coffee
IMG_1877-M.jpg

This place was serving some type of shrimp soup in a shot glass. We had to try it!
IMG_1883-M.jpg

Chuck was all about "life experiences". We planned a few scuba diving excursions on this trip. He talked me into my first cave dive at Dos Ojos and also my first ocean dive which he said should be a night dive. I was really stressing on the night dive, especially since I'd never dove in the ocean before. He told me "don't worry about it, you'll be fine" "If anything goes wrong I'll be there". I think his ranger training made him fearless and he enjoyed showing others how to deal with their fears. When we were out on the boat in the black of night the dive masters asked us all about our dive experience, they (and the other divers) thought I was nuts to do a night dive as my first. Chuck just looked at me and grinned, he said "you'll be alright" with a shi# eating grin on his face. Jumping into that black abyss and experiencing all that comes with a night dive was one of the most exciting things I've ever done. Didn't get any night picts but here's a few from the next day in Cozumel
GOPR0542-M.jpg

GOPR0547-M.jpg

GOPR0584-M.jpg

Looking through old pictures I kept running across picts of Chuck working on everyone else's bikes. He was always willing to lend a hand. Sure bailed me out on a few occasions
IMG_3143-M.jpg

IMG_5227-M.jpg

IMG_5460-M.jpg

IMG_5228-M.jpg

IMG_3151-M.jpg

Helping JT put the fire out
IMG_5455-M.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV_YCbWA8Rg"]Blazing Saddles Raw Movie - YouTube[/ame]

Just some random picts
IMG_3145-M.jpg

IMG_3146-M.jpg

IMG_3147-M.jpg

IMG_3148-M.jpg

IMG_3149-M.jpg

IMG_3152-M.jpg

IMG_5198-M.jpg

IMG_5187-M.jpg

IMG_5291-M.jpg

IMG_1996-M.jpg

Riding down the road we came upon a place where a local strung body parts from a goat all over the place.
Chuck had to get a pict of that
IMG_5330-M.jpg

IMG_5475-M.jpg

IMG_5753-M.jpg

On one trip to Mexico Chuck decided to buy a fresh pineapple to cut up for an evening snack
IMG_3150-M.jpg

Instituto De Idiomas, he said that he was a graduate
IMG_1990-M.jpg

Sure gonna miss having him around, I like to think that he's still out there exploring the mountains.
IMG_5665-L.jpg

IMG_5346-L.jpg

Last edited:
Through ride reports on the forum and stories told by mutual friends, I felt I was meeting a friend when I met Chuck for the first time at Round The Bend just a couple of months ago.

Chuck elected to stay behind me on our ride to the Mexican side of Santa Elena canyon. I was very challenged by the terrain we rode through. He was patient and quietly encouraging.

Hard to believe he is gone.

I hold his family and friends in my thoughts.

gina

Oh man. So sorry to hear. Some tear jerking posts for sure.
He seemed like a wonderful person. Im sorry i never got a chance to meet him. Prayers to all his family and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the CaringBridge journal,

By Tawnya Blair — 18 hours ago
Chuck has gone home to be with Jesus, but typical Chuck style, he has some parting gifts.
A grandma will get the chance for life with a new kidney and liver, another will be blessed with a kidney and many more with other organ donations.
He was such a loving and generous man right to the end.

Please continue to keep Tawnya in your prayers.

Prayers sent.
I only met & rode with Chuck a couple of times out in the forest. But I knew right away that he was someone special, interesting, & someone I would enjoy spend time with. This world has lost a good man.
Godspeed Brother.

Thoughts and prayers for the family.

I really enjoy reading about him. Keep posting if you have more stories. I somehow missed riding with him even though we spent time on the same community rides.
Sorry for your loss friends.

Just wanted to add a few picts of Chuck. Sure had a great time riding with him throughout the years. He really was a great guy, I'm going to miss him.

We spent three weeks together last October riding around Mexico. He had heard of a cool town on the southern coast of Mexico that he wanted to check out, so we did.

Hanging at our palapa in Mazunta
IMG_1829-M.jpg

Chilling at the beach smoking a stogie
IMG_1791-M.jpg

He looked for this meal at almost every restaurant we stopped at and finally found it in Tulum. It's a whole fish with the head still on it. We laughed about how it was staring back at him
IMG_1901-M.jpg

Somewhere around San Christobal he lost his yellow tented sunglasses and had to buy this goofy pair. It was that or nothing. I laughed every time he put them on!
IMG_1879-M.jpg

He bought from the local street people every chance that he could. Here he bought fresh strawberries while we were enjoying a really good cup of coffee
IMG_1877-M.jpg

This place was serving some type of shrimp soup in a shot glass. We had to try it!
IMG_1883-M.jpg

Chuck was all about "life experiences". We planned a few scuba diving excursions on this trip. He talked me into my first cave dive at Dos Ojos and also my first ocean dive which he said should be a night dive. I was really stressing on the night dive, especially since I'd never dove in the ocean before. He told me "don't worry about it, you'll be fine" "If anything goes wrong I'll be there". I think his ranger training made him fearless and he enjoyed showing others how to deal with their fears. When we were out on the boat in the black of night the dive masters asked us all about our dive experience, they (and the other divers) thought I was nuts to do a night dive as my first. Chuck just looked at me and grinned, he said "you'll be alright" with a shi# eating grin on his face. Jumping into that black abyss and experiencing all that comes with a night dive was one of the most exciting things I've ever done. Didn't get any night picts but here's a few from the next day in Cozumel
GOPR0542-M.jpg

GOPR0547-M.jpg

GOPR0584-M.jpg

Looking through old pictures I kept running across picts of Chuck working on everyone else's bikes. He was always willing to lend a hand. Sure bailed me out on a few occasions
IMG_3143-M.jpg

IMG_5227-M.jpg

IMG_5460-M.jpg

IMG_5228-M.jpg

IMG_3151-M.jpg

Helping JT put the fire out
IMG_5455-M.jpg

Blazing Saddles Raw Movie - YouTube

Just some random picts
IMG_3145-M.jpg

IMG_3146-M.jpg

IMG_3147-M.jpg

IMG_3148-M.jpg

IMG_3149-M.jpg

IMG_3152-M.jpg

IMG_5198-M.jpg

IMG_5187-M.jpg

IMG_5291-M.jpg

IMG_1996-M.jpg

Riding down the road we came upon a place where a local strung body parts from a goat all over the place.
Chuck had to get a pict of that
IMG_5330-M.jpg

IMG_5475-M.jpg

IMG_5753-M.jpg

On one trip to Mexico Chuck decided to buy a fresh pineapple to cut up for an evening snack
IMG_3150-M.jpg

Instituto De Idiomas, he said that he was a graduate
IMG_1990-M.jpg

Sure gonna miss having him around, I like to think that he's still out there exploring the mountains.
IMG_5665-L.jpg

IMG_5346-L.jpg

Fantastic pics and memories Scott! :thumb:

I met Chuck at the first Texas Adventure ride. He, Laurie (alphadog) and I were the only ones on "dirt" bikes. Had a lot of fun with him that day.

Chuck was a great guy. My heart just breaks for his family and all of you. I know how much he's going to be missed. Hugs to all of you.

From the CaringBridge site,

Celebration of Chuck's Life, details

By Tawnya Blair — 2 hours ago
We will celebrate the incredible life of Charles Patrick Blair aka Chuck aka CeeBee.
The Crossing Church on Saturday
April 23, 2013 at 2:00 PM

6265 Shadowbend Place, The Woodlands, TX 77381

Flowers are welcome but he loved supporting a ministry called National Bible Translators, it has a base in Mexico and I think we all know how much he loved Mexico. Please consider a donation in his honor.
NBT.Org

Chuck Blair fought the good ( worthy, honorable, and noble) fight , brother Charles has finished the race, and kept (firmly held) the faith. 2Timothy 4:7-8 Amp. Chuck is absent from the body, and present with the Lord Jesus. 2Corinthians 5:8

I never got the chance to meet Chuck in person. From the sights and sounds of it, it looks like I really missed out. TWT lost a good one for sure.

I will likely be riding to the service. According to his wife, bikes ARE welcome!

Saw this a few days ago but kinda at a loss for words.

I met Chuck at the Rock House outside Lajitas. Knew he was different in a good way almost immediately.
We discovered we lived in the same city. Talked to and saw him occasionally...he always had time to have a conversation.
Had a problem with one of my motorcycle registrations upon plate renewal time.

Called him to see if he had any info to share. I was a little irritated with the government renewal annex because they would not renew it, would not say why either.

In his laid back way he reminded me I have a 5 day grace period for renewal so "stop by Kroger on the way to his house...they will renew it no questions asked" ...he was right they did! I instantly felt better.

He told me to bring title and plate renewal to his house so we could compare it to his title and renewal.
We both owned a Honda XR650R. We figured out the local annex that did the title transfer had made a mistake on original off-road title to on road title application which carried over to the state title and renewal. Problem solved after applying for yet another title.

We definitely lost a great one.

Good man....like I said I'm at a loss for words.

Last edited:
Just got home. I rode there and then took the long way home just for some therapy. It was a great service. There were quite a few people that spoke. It was very moving. Chuck had the same impact on people everywhere he went.

I got to speak with Tawnya briefly. She has read this thread and has seen all the great pics. She really appreciates it. In her words, Chuck absolutely loved his TWT riding buddies, all the rides and trips he did, and constantly looking forward to the next adventure. Bob's tribute and photo were on the back of the service bulletin. It was perfect and totally fit with the comments of the speakers.

We need a good trip to Mexico in honor of Chuck...

Our Look Into Big Bend National Park From Mexico 2016

i-ggJ8FzT-L.jpg

This is just after high noon, this past February 28th, a Saturday. I had to count several times to make sure. Yes, this was less than two months ago.

JT scouted this route, and we rode with him into Mexico at Ojinaga. We were in Terlingua for the 2016 Uncles Around the Bend, but we wanted to see Texas and the Park from the bluffs on the Mexico side.

Yes, that's the Rio Grande down there, 1,500 feet below Chuck and I in this photo.

You can see how satisfied Chuck was to be experiencing this. He appreciated being in the moment. And what a moment it was. Most of us, who visit Big Bend National Park, go so see Santa Elena Canyon inside the park. The Rio Grande splits it between the US and Mexico. We all see it from the US side, and we wonder what is up there, beyond those bluffs. That Saturday, we got to find out.

Up RR 170 (one of the 10 best motorcycle roads in the USA, according to sources), to Presidio, where we dropped our trucks and unloaded the dirt bikes. Across at Ojinaga and down around to Manuel Benevides. Then through the Mexican desert to the climb to the bluffs. This view is our reward. And we sat up there for the better part of an hour. Chuck had that look on his face the whole time.

1,500 feet closer to Heaven. Chuck is already there. He has an even better view than this, the ultimate view.

The peace you see in him in the photo has been superseded by the ultimate peace.

Last edited:
Back