• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2006 Suzuki DRZ400E

Reaction score
What we have here is a very lightly used DRZ400E. These are great bike to make into an adventure bike and are easily converted. This bike is not plated, but it is easily done for about $250. The bike has new sprockets and o-ring chain,brake pads & battery and has been recently serviced. I have a set of aluminum bars and handguards on the way that I will install. You can see in the pictures that the bike is not beat up and has very time on it.

I was going to make a TAT bike out of it, but I also purchased a KTM300XC that I wasn't planning on so this one is on the block and I'm going to plate the KTM!

These are about 30 lbs lighter than the S and has the better flat slide carb and suspension.

$3,300 or best REASONABLE offer..... If you need any better photos let me know.

UPDATE--- I have now titled and plated the bike in Arkansas.. See Post #12 for more info.
~Tony

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! How many hours are on the bike?
There is no hour meter, but judging by the overall condition of the bike it is not very many. Everything is still very tight including the levers which are usually a dead give away and the tip on the shifter and brake pedal are super tight and don't show any wear. I am not the original owner so I have no way to find out, just have to base it on the obvious wear items... The tank decal is still on the tank and it doesn't have any real wear either, but there is some bubbling in the decal which is common with plastic tanks.

~Tony

Even so those motors are bullet proof!

I wish I could! Need to finish some home projects first :(

GLWS

The E models also have better cams, larger header pipe, and more aggressive ignition curve.... As well as being a touch lighter, better off-road valving, and the FCR pumper carb.

Shame they quit making it, it's the best dirt only bike for us older guys imo, elec start, comfy and always ready to go, right behind it I put the XR400, Thanks for the reply.

I had a lot of inquiries about the bike and most were about making it highway legal. I decided to go ahead and make the bike street legal and got it plated and titled in Arkansas.

I ordered a dual sport kit and Trail Tech Vapor speedo kit that I will install next week. The kit will have everything that is required in Texas to pass inspection although, tires could be an issue as these are not dot street legal. Arkansas has no inspection ;-). The price will be about $300 more, but the hard part will have been done and the bike will be ready for dual sport purposes!

The title should be back in a couple of weeks, but in the mean time, I have the registration showing the tag number and the tag.

~Tony

Last edited:
New photos of the bike finished and ready to ride! New bars, handguards, dual sport kit, Trail Tech Vapor speedo & battery. Everything is controlled by the key and not an on/off switch which is common on these conversions. The bike is titled and plated in Arkansas. $3400.00 with the Wolfman bags or $3350.00 without the Wolfman gear. The bike is in Texarkana.

~Tony

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

Dang I want this bike. If my Triumph sells then I'll have to plan a 1,000 mile thunder run to get it.

Good luck with the sale. It should be gone before I can concoct any wild plans to get it.

Gotta say Texarkana is so beautiful, lived near Springlake park when I was little 1960-65.

I still have it, but I still do not have the title back from Arkansas and the longer I have it the more money I keep throwing at it! I just installed a new set of Dunlop AT81's and the Tubliss setup.... At this point I don't know what I'm going to do.

~Tony

I still have it and I am still waiting on the title. I finally went to the Arkansas revenue department and they said it was mailed on the 18th of last month, but I never received it. I paid for a new title and it should be on the way soon.....

What were you wanting to trade?

~Tony

Back