• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: Texas National Picnic!

Thought I'd give the TNP a bump :bbq:.

I'll be there at 8:30, helping provide the tough SOA biker look to keep the pavilion outta tourists hands :roll: :lol2: Well that plus Rich said he's bringing kolachies :eat:. Tonite Regina and I are headed to see Journey and Doobie Brothers at Gexa Energy Pavilion in Dallas. Expect to be home by 1am then it's up by 7 to head out for Love's Lookout. Man, feel like I'm 25 again. Party on dude!!! :party:

Last edited:
Thought I'd give the TNP a bump :bbq:.

I'll be there at 8:30, helping provide the tough SOA biker look to keep the pavilion outta tourists hands :roll: :lol2: Rich said he's bringing kolachies :eat:. Tonite Regina and I are headed to see Journey and Doobie Brothers at Gexa Energy Pavilion in Dallas. Expect to be home by 1am then it's up by 7 to head out for Love's Lookout. Man, feel like I'm 25 again. Party on dude!!! :party:

Mark,

You might bring a couple bungees or a bungee net in case you win a door prize bigger than a t-shirt (I'm thinking you usually ride with just a little bitty tail bag).

See you in the morning.

RATZ!

Got a msg from a friend in Cowtown who needs help so I'm heading thataway; it doesn't sound like a 1-day fix so no way go get back for the TNP. :-(

Y'all have fun and be careful!

Mark,

You might bring a couple bungees or a bungee net in case you win a door prize bigger than a t-shirt (I'm thinking you usually ride with just a little bitty tail bag).

See you in the morning.

I'm riding my bagger, the K75RT with it's 33L side cases, to the picnic just in case I win a bunch of swag :trust:

RATZ!

Got a msg from a friend in Cowtown who needs help so I'm heading thataway; it doesn't sound like a 1-day fix so no way go get back for the TNP. :-(

Y'all have fun and be careful!

Sorry to hear you won't be making it, a :thumb: to you for helping out a buddy.

Last edited:
I'm riding my bagger, the K75RT, to the picnic just in case I win a bunch of swag :trust:

I'll try to save you a spot next to the K75S so that we can establish the "Flying Brick Sub-Unit" of the East Texas BMW Plus Motorcycle Club! :sun:

Last minute change of plans. I'll be there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Great event! Pictures for those that missed it:

Ron

Attachments

• CIMG2234a.jpg
    CIMG2234a.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 185
  • CIMG2235a.jpg
    CIMG2235a.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 182
  • CIMG2236A.jpg
    CIMG2236A.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 191
  • CIMG2241a.jpg
    CIMG2241a.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 185
  • CIMG2238a.jpg
    CIMG2238a.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 179
More:

Attachments

• CIMG2244a.jpg
    CIMG2244a.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 176
  • CIMG2243a.jpg
    CIMG2243a.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 173
  • CIMG2242a.jpg
    CIMG2242a.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 176
  • CIMG2239a.jpg
    CIMG2239a.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 184
And More:

Attachments

• CIMG2245a.jpg
    CIMG2245a.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 186
  • CIMG2249a.jpg
    CIMG2249a.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 190
  • CIMG2250a.jpg
    CIMG2250a.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 178
  • CIMG2247a.jpg
    CIMG2247a.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 180
  • CIMG2248a.jpg
    CIMG2248a.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 175
... Sorry to hear you won't be making it, a :thumb: to you for helping out a buddy.

Well, I would be helping if I could find him; been trying all day with No Joy. He seems to have been vaporized by a rampaging Martian, or something. I haven't given up but am getting a tad discouraged and it's looking like I missed a great event for nothing, but Hey, a friend's a friend and I wouldn't be much of one if I didn't at least try.

Hope he's not in jail . . . again!

Thanks to everyone who showed up early to help set up and everyone who worked the event!

We had 104 attendees from 51 different communities, towns, and cities in Texas & Louisiana; I listed them all below. Our first year we had 24 attendees, the second year we had about 75, and last year we had about 55 (we were in between days of thunderstorms).

We have a few door prizes and some freebies left over, so we'll bring some to giveaway to members at club meetings for the next several months.

It was a lot of fun.

Next year will be even better, with the picnic in the middle of three days of camping at Rusk State Park.

We had four members pay their dues and we picked up 11 new members! We are at 45 paid members for the year. I believe in 2015 we ended the year at 49.

Thanks again for all those that helped out and attended.

Arcadia, LA
Arlington
Azle
Boerne
Bosier City, LA
Big Sandy
Bolton
Chandler
Colleyville
Conroe
Cushing
Cypress
Dallas
Flint
Frisco
Ft Worth
Garland
Grapevine
Holly Lake Ranch
Houston
Huntington
Hurst
Irving
Jasper
Keller
Kilgore
Lake Charles, LA
Lindale
Longview
Lufkin
Marshall
Nacogdoches
Palestine
Peerless
Plano
Rockwall
Ruston, LA
San Antonio
Shreveport, LA
Sugarland
Sulphur Bluff
Sulphur Springs
Temple
The Woodlands
Timpson
Troup
Tyler
Union Valley
Webster
Whitehouse
Willis

The 5th annual Texas National Picnic will be held this Saturday at the Texas State Railroad RV park and campground in Rusk, TX. Some of us plan to camp on Friday & Saturday, and probably will get soaked.

The picnic is on Saturday, bring your own lunch to throw on the grill.

The Texas National Picnic is this Saturday at the Texas State Railroad Park, Rusk.

Picnic noon Saturday. Bring Your Own Food (BYOF), charcoal provided by club, at the dining hall.

Camping available, potable water, indoor restrooms, showers, electricity

Some of us are planning to camp out Friday night and ride over to All Star BBQ in Rusk around 6 p.m.

Hope to see you there.

Join us on Saturday, April 20th, 2019 at noon for the Texas National Picnic, being held at Love's Lookout Park, located on the east side of US Hwy 69 approximately 4 miles north Jacksonville, TX. N32d 01' 46.03 W95d 16' 46.93 We will fire up the grills at noon. There are restrooms, vending machines, covered picnic tables, grills, plenty of parking, and a great view. Bring your own food and drink; we will provide charcoal for the grills. Come join us for lunch!

Back