• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda CT125

Reaction score
First Name
Larry
I heard about a Honda CT125 for sale in Texas (LaGrange) that I might be interested in as a project. I'm tied up with another project right now, but giving some thought to whether I want the bike.

I've been considering a CT90, but I like the 125 because it is more "motorcycle" like rather than "scooter" like.

Does anyone know much about these machines? My research shows it was in U.S. for only one year; 1977. What would be a good price to offer the seller for a bike in this condition?

Here are the photos the seller posted:

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

If you want interesting and rare, that one surely is. Wonder if CB125 engine parts match?

I like the ct90 but would certainly enjoy this.

that was a Australia model they imported here that one year.
they were mostly a XL125 with a assortment of specific parts like the bigger seat and rear rack.

from the wikipedia page:
The 1976–1985 Honda CT125 is a 125cc fourstroke motorbike which was designed for farm use. The bike is actually an XL125 with a more 'comfortable' seat. These bikes are very reliable because of the small fourstroke engine. The CT125, which takes its engine from the TL125 with different gear ratios, also has lower gearing than the XL125. The first two gears are spaced very close together for low speed operation. The CT also came with a chrome rear rack, a steel handlebar/lever protector, engine guard, sidestand guard, a smaller 19" front wheel (XL125 had a 21"), and a unique enclosed chainguard that completely covers the drive chain. The seat is also shorter and the bike is only designed to carry one person, not two. Also specific to the CT125 are the large mudflaps front and rear. The frame is painted Shiny Orange as is the tank and sidecovers. The XL had a black frame. The CT125 also has a welded on bash plate on the bottom of the frame.

The CT125 was also exported to the USA and Canada for 1977 only.

CT250S Silk Road[edit]

very rare bike here, but I don't know how much that does for its value.

It's sitting in my shop :) I am suprised the gas tank is not rusty. It's been sitting for a very long time. I will post up pics later.
I told the wife is bought it for her. That didnt go over very well. LOL.
1974 XR75 for sale now. cheap. [emoji15]

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

Last edited:
I've been looking for a small older bike to mess around with. didn't expect to buy something rare like this.

Last edited:
Congratulations. I was really interested in that bike because it's unusual and I hate to see a little old Honda waste away. I'm just tied up with my latest project. Trint seemed like a nice guy in his text messages and you got it for a great price.

Have fun with it.

Last edited:
Congrats on the find, These bikes are such a pleasure to ride, I probably would have removed those giant mud flaps a long time ago.

Last edited:
Congratulations. I was really interested in that bike because it's unusual and I hate to see a little old Honda waste away. I'm just tied up with my latest project. Trint seemed like a nice guy in his text messages and you got it for a great price.

Have fun with it.
yeah. I figured you would have snatched it up if you you were going to. Can't believe it didn't sell right away

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/1142990/

[SOLD] Looking for a project?? Honda CT125 Barn Bike (Texas)

That bike would be a blast to have for my grueling 3 mile commute to work in kerrville's gnarly traffic. Ha ha

You really hafta sell it, John Mark?

NOT selling the 125. I need to sell my xr75.

Bet that if it was new and passed the EPA requirements, it would sell here in good numbers.

I wonder if it has really tight steering like my old '75 TL125 trials bike? I read it has really low 1st & 2nd gears from the TL.

Forgive me, I just gotta say it...Nice Rack. Hehee:)

Steering feels like my other dirt bikes.

Last edited:
Hey JMZ, gotta put mudflap girls on that thing. :trust: :lol2:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Grand-General-90041-Sitting-Silhouette/dp/B00HPTDXK8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1463923869&sr=8-2&keywords=chrome+mudflap+girl"]Amazon.com: Grand General 90041 Chrome Super Mini 'Sitting Girl Silhouette' Mud Flap Cut-Out: Automotive[/ame]

Ag bikes are great.

But... they don't pass EPA.

Several of us are still waiting on Yamaha to update the TW/AG bikes with something akin to the XTW250 Ryoku concept ... and bring it stateside. Unfortunately, that concept is now several years old -- apparently no prospects of production.

Good find on the CT125.

Thread - High-Jack:

The Diamond Chapter of the Antique Motorcycle Club is hosting Mini Road Run on Sunday, June 26, 2016 in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Jim & I participated last year. Good time but the route was too short for my preference. Should we go this year, I may add an early morning ride of my own.

Back