• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Holeshot/Corbin Streetfighter Seat

RobG

Reaction score
I'm curious about the Holeshot/Corbin Streetfighter seat for comfort and fit on the Bandit. I know per the description it is recommended for solo riding only and I assume it weighs less than the touring seat.

Anyone out there riding with this seat? How do you like it? Is it worth the money?

This is for my new 2016 Bandit...the stock seat is fine but with my 29" inseam(with riding boots on) it would be nice to have a seat that is 3/4" to 1" lower for my stubby legs.

TIA

Not really sure how much difference in comfort the Holeshot Corbin is than my Corbin Gunfighter and a Lady seat I've been having on my bike for over 80K miles and traveling all over the country with. But, the one I have is about an inch lower than stock.

Not really sure how much difference in comfort the Holeshot Corbin is than my Corbin Gunfighter and a Lady seat I've been having on my bike for over 80K miles and traveling all over the country with. But, the one I have is about an inch lower than stock.

Thanks for the reply, I've read some of your previous posts and know you are happy with the seat. Did you order directly through Corbin's website?

I just happened to notice this thread, and the question concerning the Holeshot/Corbin seat.

I have a 2011 GSX1250FA which I purchased last summer from Dale Walker. The bike was used as a "test Mule" to check fitment of Holeshot's various performance enhancement parts, and to allow multiple dyno runs as various mechanical tweaks to the engine were tested.

One of the items on the bike when I bought it was the Holeshot/Corbin seat. I have not ridden other Corbin seats for any real distance, but had found them quite "firm" (hard!), and rather unyielding.

I am happy to report that such is not the case with the Holeshot designed version. I was able to swing my leg over the bike upon delivery in Yerington, NV, and ride straight through to my home in Spokane, WA with stops only for gas and food... a distance of approx 740 miles. When I got off the bike late that evening, I will admit to being happy that the trip was complete, but at no time during the ride was I in discomfort due to the seat.

I too am inseam challenged: 29" at present and still shrinking, and am able to comfortably flat foot the bike when at rest.

The Holeshot/Corbin is actually a bit heavier than the std Suzuki seat, which I also have. I haven't bothered to weigh them both, but I'd say the HS is probably a couple of pounds heavier.

The Leather seating surface is nicely complemented with vinyl side pieces and presents a nicely finished appearance.

I am completely happy with the HS seat! :rider:

Hope this helps!
Don

Thanks for the reply...FWIW, I did purchase a lightly used Corbin Holeshot Gunfighter seat from Ebay(the owner only rode with it for 4 miles)...and the stitching doesn't line up equally as well as it doesn't properly fit the bike. It needs more trimming on the rubber bumper stops to get it to latch better at the back and it's also crooked. :giveup:

I plan to work on it to get it to fit, but for now I'm riding with the stock seat.

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised at the poor quality control at Corbin...this seat should have never left their shop with the seams crooked and they probably need to adjust the jig used cuz it doesn't fit the bike properly.

Holeshot really shouldn't put their name on this poor product...Corbin is making them look bad...IMHO.

I paid just under $300.00 for the seat with shipping and I would gladly sell it for $200.00 just to get it out of my parts room. :rofl::mrgreen:

I've thought about calling Holeshot and ordering their new Holeshot/Corbin Touring seat, but I'm concerned with the quality control at Corbin for proper fit and quality.

I'll most likely pass..............:doh:

May I ask a question?
Does the seat have an embroidered logo emblem on the right side of the seat that says HOLESHOT in red, and Corbin in white? If not, I think you have in your possession a standard Corbin Gunfighter seat...

You say you bought the seat off eBay. To buy a true Holeshot Corbin seat as described above, the original purchaser would have had to buy it directly off Dale Walker's Holeshot website... it is NOT sold directly by Corbin.

I have purchased a fairly large number of items from Dale, and know for a fact that each item sold by them is personally inspected by either Dale, or his wife Liza before shipment to the customer.

Hop on over to Holeshot's site: www.holeshot.com, click on the link for Suzuki 650/1250, then on the link under Touring Products for the Holeshot/Corbin seat. Take a look at the photos on the site and compare to what you have. I'm betting you have a standard Gunfighter Corbin seat... a different animal!

Don

May I ask a question?
Does the seat have an embroidered logo emblem on the right side of the seat that says HOLESHOT in red, and Corbin in white? If not, I think you have in your possession a standard Corbin Gunfighter seat...

You say you bought the seat off eBay. To buy a true Holeshot Corbin seat as described above, the original purchaser would have had to buy it directly off Dale Walker's Holeshot website... it is NOT sold directly by Corbin.

I have purchased a fairly large number of items from Dale, and know for a fact that each item sold by them is personally inspected by either Dale, or his wife Liza before shipment to the customer.

Hop on over to Holeshot's site: www.holeshot.com, click on the link for Suzuki 650/1250, then on the link under Touring Products for the Holeshot/Corbin seat. Take a look at the photos on the site and compare to what you have. I'm betting you have a standard Gunfighter Corbin seat... a different animal!

Don

Yes, it has the corbin holeshot in red and white on the right side of the seat...it was purchased thru holeshot, it's their streetfighter seat shown on their website in the streetfighter section. I purchased it slightly used(he rode on it for four miles) from the original owner who put it up for sale on Ebay. It is designed for solo riding and has less foam on the back and IMO has a much sleeker look than their touring seat.

I'm surprised they look at each seat before shipping it cuz the top left stitching is off by well over an inch or two compared to the right side and it doesn't fit well on my Bandit without quite a bit of cutting, trimming etc. with a dremmel tool.

Maybe they should test fit each seat they sell as well to insure a proper fit due to Corbins' lack of quality control???? Just thinkin' out loud...:mrgreen:

Added: I've read a few posts on this forum regarding the Corbin/Holeshot seats not fitting properly on other members Bandits...I know I'm not alone.

Last edited:
85K miles on my Bandit with Gun Fighter and Lady Corbin, Never a problem, 124K miles on my R11**GSs with Leather Corbin, no problems, 47K miles on my '00 KLR Corbin Flattop, no problems.

Rob ~ Well, I learned something today! I wasn't aware that Dale had come up with a Gunfighter version of the 1250 seat with the rear seating area modification... Mine is the Touring version with the pillion seat still intact.

I find myself still wondering if the original owner from whom you bought the seat on eBay might not have made an attempt to modify the seat by carving down the foam after removing the cover??? It is beyond my powers of belief that Holeshot would have ever allowed a seat out of their facility with the cover mis-aligned the 1" - 2" you have described. Just doesn't compute...

Is the cover held on with rivets? Or staples? On my Holeshot/Corbin, which I know is original manufacture, the cover is firmly fastened to the seat pan with rivets... only cover I've ever had that was put on like that... all the others have been stapled.

For whatever reason, I'm sorry that your's has been less than suitable/perfect! I have complete faith in Dale and Liza Walker, and I'm very suspicious of the intervening "original owner" and eBay transaction...

I wish you well!
Don

Rob ~ Well, I learned something today! I wasn't aware that Dale had come up with a Gunfighter version of the 1250 seat with the rear seating area modification... Mine is the Touring version with the pillion seat still intact.

I find myself still wondering if the original owner from whom you bought the seat on eBay might not have made an attempt to modify the seat by carving down the foam after removing the cover??? It is beyond my powers of belief that Holeshot would have ever allowed a seat out of their facility with the cover mis-aligned the 1" - 2" you have described. Just doesn't compute...

Is the cover held on with rivets? Or staples? On my Holeshot/Corbin, which I know is original manufacture, the cover is firmly fastened to the seat pan with rivets... only cover I've ever had that was put on like that... all the others have been stapled.

For whatever reason, I'm sorry that your's has been less than suitable/perfect! I have complete faith in Dale and Liza Walker, and I'm very suspicious of the intervening "original owner" and eBay transaction...

I wish you well!
Don

It's on with rivets...It just never should have shipped out to the customer in this condition. I'll pull out the dremmel tool and try to get it to fit properly but that sewn seam is driving me nuts. lol

I've thought about calling Dale and order a new corbin/holeshot touring seat but I'm worried of the quality and fit so I'll most likely pass on that. I don't want to spend about $425.00 with shipping and have another seat that doesn't fit properly. He states on his website he does not accept any returns on the seats...too risky for me.

As I stated earlier, I actually like the stock seat and can ride for 2-2 1/2 hrs. with no discomfort at all...I just like the idea of having an extra 1" lower seat height due to my short legs.

BTW, I love my new Bandit and couldn't be happier with it. :chug:

I bought a used 07 1250s Bandit and the previous owner installed a Regular height Sargent Seat. I never had the stock seat for comparison. I just bought a 2009 GSF650 stock seat from a rider who was short. He installed the Sargent Low seat on his Bike. He really likes it. I like it better than the Regular model, too.
These photos of the Low model Sargent seat. The guy is about 5'7" tall and 190 lb.
I'm taking both seats to a local seat builder for modification.

Attachments

• IMG_6427.jpg
    IMG_6427.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_6425.jpg
    IMG_6425.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 411
I just installed a new Sargent World Sport low on my 08 Bandit 1250. Like night and day over the stock seat.

I might call the company to confirm it will fit the new 2016 Bandit...does it sit you any lower than the stock seat?

BTW, I'm still ok with the stock seat, but I haven't gone more than 100-105 miles at a time on it...that's about 2-2 1/2 hours of riding with no issues.

No. The low seat is, I believe, the same height as the low setting on the stock seat. With the stocker, I was rocking my butt back and forth after about 2 hours. I've done a couple 3 plus rides and quite honestly, I could go get gas and keep riding. Well worth the cost in my opinion.

I have had 2 Holeshot Corbin seats. 1st was an early version which has the higher asphalt siding and the 2nd is the lower seat. Both were comfortable but I like the look of the lower asphalt sides and kept the latter.

Attachments

• 782A867A-F469-4DDB-A0ED-336A1EDE1869.jpeg
    782A867A-F469-4DDB-A0ED-336A1EDE1869.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 345
  • 23054B37-D6E9-47D0-882D-DF74D1195817.jpeg
    23054B37-D6E9-47D0-882D-DF74D1195817.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 403
Now I just got a Corbin. Both Holeshot seats which are made by Corbin are similar except the seating position. The Corbin sits you back ~ 1” further while the Holeshot‘s position is ~ stock.

The Corbin would be better for a rider taller than 6’ while the Holeshot designed Corbin is ideal for someone shorter than 6’. I am 5’10” and the Holeshot designed Corbin fits me better. The leather basketweave seating with asphalt sides Corbin seat I have will be up for sale as the seatback is ~ 1/2“ behind my lower back. It needs a taller or heavier rider with a larger butt than I.

I got my Holeshot virtually brand new from a rider who fitted it, rode once and put it up for sale. He was over 6', the Holeshot puts you 1" lower than standard, so he was too crammed up with his legs and the foot pedals. I'm 5'10" and find the Holeshot perfect for me.

I am on the lookout for the Streetfighter model. Please contact me if you have one for sale or know who does. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back