• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekly Joe Fink Memorial BBQ lunch

Yoikes, sounds like fun alright! Yeah, should be great weather, but hopefully something a little closer to me, lol? :nana:

How about something Goldwing friendly? The big Katoom is down for repairs. Nothing serious, just things you have to do to a bike with over 50,000 hard earned miles. How about that hamburger joint, the Pit Stop, in Bedias? It certainly looks like the last we will get to ride for a few days.

Ok, well under the title of 'I guess it happens', I just found out I am committed to preparation for the neighborhood Christmas party here at our house, so I am out for tomorrow. If someone has a better place, obviously, now's the time.

How about something Goldwing friendly? The big Katoom is down for repairs. Nothing serious, just things you have to do to a bike with over 50,000 hard earned miles. How about that hamburger joint, the Pit Stop, in Bedias? It certainly looks like the last we will get to ride for a few days.

??Anyone??

Woah, this is what was missing many years ago when I sold off my last bike, 90's KLR-650. Just wasn't fun riding the Atascocita/Humble/Huffman area alone anymore. And it'd just be much safer in group rides, esp nowadays.

But I'm just now starting to schedule test rides for a used bike within my budget. I narrowed down the list based on my budget and being a re-started rider to a; '08 Versys 650, '06 Honda 919. The V Strom 650 is quickly falling off the top of my list based on limited DL650's within my budget. The 919 is top of list as I feel I'll grow over the 650 soon.

Won't tie up your meetup thread with my sad story. Just to say that I look forward to a making pie runs/BBQ lunches maybe by Feb/March or sooner. Depends on how soon I feel I got my riding chops back. At 59, retired and starting up riding again, don't plan on any dirt-driiving anymore, or redline-speed demon stuff, just some nice, fun street rides with a chunk o' pie or some good Q as incentive. But it's wifey's bday today, better make it about her today. Ride On! ernie

Last edited:
Plans changed , don't have to do coalition stuff, so I will go to Bedias at 11:30 and get a burger. If no one shows I still get a burger and bike ride! Maybe someone else will show.

Last edited:
avaliable for the ride - if anyone is interested ?

avaliable for the ride - if anyone is interested ?

Name it, and I think I can go. High is 48! Folks seem to like McKenzie's in Madisonville.

What cha think?

Name it, and I think I can go. High is 48! Folks seem to like McKenzie's in Madisonville.

What cha think?

looks good from now on Rob ! count me in meet at the corner of that huntsville gas station friday morning or ?

Anybody else? I'll be at the Madisonville McKenzie's at noon, let it warm up a hair!

Fly, not sure which station you mean, but I usually meet at I-45 and FM 1791, north side of town. It's a Shell, Subway, and Dickies BBQ.

Meet at 11:15, ANYONE IS WELCOME TO JOIN US! We'll ride up FM 247 from here.

thats the station good deal Rob thanks for the update!

Steve Pensky will join us on his road only bikeR6 meeting me at the house and should be there at directly.

Is 247 dirt or steet Steve wont take his off road.i thought i should ask this before hand.THANKS

I'm a maybe for tomorrow. Waiting to see if work, weather, or something else gets in the way...

I'm a maybe for tomorrow. Waiting to see if work, weather, or something else gets in the way...

Similar for me, if work behaves then I'll be there. Weather I don't care about so much. Yes it will be cold but the weather wizards are saying zero chance of rain.

_

thats the station good deal Rob thanks for the update!

Steve Pensky will join us on his road only bikeR6 meeting me at the house and should be there at directly.

Is 247 dirt or steet Steve wont take his off road.i thought i should ask this before hand.THANKS

Reminder, this isn't where we met Scott! On the interstate.

Guess I'm getting soft that 220 miles in 35 degree temp is hard on a Brotha
maybe next week you guys have fun.

Guess I'm getting soft that 220 miles in 35 degree temp is hard on a Brotha
maybe next week you guys have fun.

Valdzino%C5%A1a-Caliby-ka%C4%B7%C4%93ni-jautr%C4%ABba-63.jpg

_

Back