• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2017 pie run schedule

Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
here we go one last time

Jan 28th---------------koffee Kup, Hico

Feb 25th---------------Sam's restaurant, Fairfield

March, 25th------------Elm creek cafe, Lincoln

April 29th--------------Bricks river cafe, Bandera

May 27th---------------Mary Kay's country diner, San Augustine

June 24th---------------Waverly house, New Waverly

July 29th---------------Texan Cafe, Hutto

Aug 26th----------------Chisholm restaurant, Godley

Sept 30th---------------Green's sausage house, Zabcikville

Oct 28th----------------Bahnhof cafe, Cuero

Nov 25th----------------Mom's place, Aubrey

Dec 30th----------------Moose head cafe, Crockett

map of the locations courtesy of Skatz (thanks Kat!!) 2017 location map

Bonus pie!! April 3rd Pie town New Mexico! April 1st we will be visiting the Trinity site

Last edited:
I liked the one where I went in October or November, it was somewhere past Gonzales. They had a good salad bar.
Where was that again?

It was Murphy's in Winchester (if the County Seat falls through).
It is a nice ride to get there, right next to nowhere.

Nice. Maybe I'll get to one this year and on a bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yall needta try Greens Sausage House in Zabcikville east of Temple. Restaurant meat market & bakery all in one

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Leon, why did you say "one last time?"

Yall needta try Greens Sausage House in Zabickville east of Temple. Restaurant meat market & bakery all in one

ok, we have a winner. four reasons
it is reasonably close to Lampasas
the town name
they got Kolaches
they got smoked meat
negatives:
they don't have pie
negated because they do have kolaches, and kolaches are easier to transport than pies.

ok, we have a winner. four reasons
it is reasonably close to Lampasas
the town name
they got Kolaches
they got smoked meat
negatives:
they don't have pie
negated because they do have kolaches, and kolaches are easier to transport than pies.
Sometimes... they do have pies for sale.... & different flavors of bread pudding....cakes... etc.
In the market/bakery

I can ask about having a selection of pie in the restaurant.... I kno they have deserts for diners.

Is it too late to offer input? It would be nice to combine March's pie run with the Texas Mile in Victoria. I understand if it is too late. Sorry I didn't have time to visit today.Texas Mile in Victoria

Or, switch March and October ... just a thought.

Last edited:
I'm going for the Trinity site. It was the site of the first nuclear fission reaction. A little matter was converted to pure energy. It happened quickly.

Last edited:
Careful, they won't let Russians in... That means the Ural has to park outside. /s

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quick question: So, are Carl (SRAD) and I the only active TWTers based in West Texas at this point? I've often thought of organizing one of these pie runs for somewhere other than near and east of the I-35 corridor, but I've always been scared that only two of us would show for it.

Thoughts?

I'm going for the Trinity site. It was the site of the first nuclear fission reaction. A little matter was converted to pure energy. It happened quickly.

Chicago pile-1 on 2nd December 1942 was first man made fission reaction. Sorry!
Trinity test was July 16th 1945 the first fission bomb. It had a yield of 20 thousand tons of TNT

There are now four places that do pie in pie town

Last edited:
Back