• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - 2/25/17 - Backyard Bistro + 2 day ride option

Re: Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - 2/18/17 - Backyard Bistro + 2 day ride option

Strong chance I'll do this.

Re: Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - 2/18/17 - Backyard Bistro + 2 day ride option

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the TWT site. I am looking forward to joining up on some dual sport rides in and around the hill country and west Texas.

If there is still room, my brother and I would like to be a part of this ride. I will be on a KLR and he will be on a Husky 701.

Thanks
Matt

:thumb:Matt!

We always have room, we may need to break up into groups of 6 to 8 depending on the turn out. Regardless we'll make it work. I look forward the meeting you and your brother.

I do recommend anyone planning to go on the overnight ride book a room in Menard unless you are going to camp, you can always cancel it. I had to cancel my room in December and it was no problem.

Sounds great! Looking forward to meeting y'all as well. We r going to plan on camping, but will probably book a room just in case and cancel if needed.

Thanks,

Matt

Sounds like a good time. I'm in if you still have room?

I'm a potential "maybe". Will definitely need a new rear tire though. The Medina 250 gravel demolished the one currently on the bike :)

Looks like my first adventure ride is gonna be a big one.

Sounds great! Looking forward to meeting y'all as well. We r going to plan on camping, but will probably book a room just in case and cancel if needed.

Thanks,

Matt
Welcome from down the road, Matt. I joined about a week ago. I plan to camp as well. Hope it's not too cold of a night. See y'all there.

I'm a potential "maybe". Will definitely need a new rear tire though. The Medina 250 gravel demolished the one currently on the bike :)

Tomorrow I plan to swap out my rear tire. It'll be the first time doing it myself. Gotta get ready for roadside flat repair.

Sounds like a good time. I'm in if you still have room?

Like Jello there's always room for more...

29044618341_a9a6ef67fb_k.jpg

Tomorrow I plan to swap out my rear tire. It'll be the first time doing it myself. Gotta get ready for roadside flat repair.[/QUOTE]

Carry tubes-we did Sander's Medina 250 last week, I picked up 2" nail, looked like it was 50 years old...some where north of Quihi. Tube was in two pieces, patch kit would not work. I don't know about DR650, rear tkc80 on f800 the bead is difficult to break,tire irons are not enough. Look me up on 18th, I have several items you may be interested in- Alpinestars scout adv boots, size 11, Alpinestars drystar jacket (44) pants(m).

Carry tubes-we did Sander's Medina 250 last week, I picked up 2" nail, looked like it was 50 years old...some where north of Quihi. Tube was in two pieces, patch kit would not work. I don't know about DR650, rear tkc80 on f800 the bead is difficult to break,tire irons are not enough. Look me up on 18th, I have several items you may be interested in- Alpinestars scout adv boots, size 11, Alpinestars drystar jacket (44) pants(m).

Thanks for the tips. I plan to pick up tubes tomorrow if my local dealer had a good deal. Otherwise I'll order some. I'm interested in the pants. Are you doing the ride?

Look me up on 18th, I have several items you may be interested in- Alpinestars scout adv boots, size 11, Alpinestars drystar jacket (44) pants(m).

i might be interested in the boots.

Re: Adventure Breakfast - Sat 2/18/17 @ 9AM - Backyard Bistro in Pipe Creek & 2 day r

We have 'openings' for 3 or 4 old, slow, riders, those who are non-competitive and who don't mind just toodeling along. Oh, we will get there eventually, and will probably catch up to Sander's group at their rest stops/fuel stops/lunch stops, whatever. If not, that's fine too, the routes are loaded on the Zumo and we can find Mendard OK on our own.

I would like to join your group also... I ride a WR450 that is not geared for high speeds so the slower pace works well for me. I also run a GPS if additional navigation capabilities are required.

Sander, I am in. Although this time I will NOT try to keep up with you, and number two I will NOT fly the RED GS into a tree going up stair steps I should have never gone down looking for you and Steve.

Is there a place to pitch a tent in Menard?

There is a campground earlier in the post. My question is do they have showers there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a campground earlier in the post. My question is do they have showers there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Menard County RV Park
About
Full Hook-up RV Park nestled among mature pecan trees beside the San Saba River. We offer multiple types of hook-up sites, camping, fishing, pitch a tent right beside the river! We have male/female designated bathrooms and showers available on site!

ADDITIONAL CONTACT INFO
menardcountyrvpark@gmail.com
http://www.menardcountyrvpark.com/

https://www.facebook.com/menardRVpa...592","event_type":"clicked_view_page_about"}}

Sander, I am in. Although this time I will NOT try to keep up with you, and number two I will NOT fly the RED GS into a tree going up stair steps I should have never gone down looking for you and Steve.

It will be great to ride with you again. That was the last I rode Kent Creek rd.

IMG_3963.jpg

Here is my assessment of required gear (ATGATT)
Helmet (ABSOLUTE MUST, full face or goggles)
Gloves (ABSOLUTE MUST)
Pants )
Shirt/Jacket } Anything you would trust to protect you in a 30 mph get-off
Boots )

(Ask DR250 Duane how much protection 'tennis' shoes give your ankles......)

Last edited:
Re: Adventure Breakfast - Sat 2/18/17 @ 9AM - Backyard Bistro in Pipe Creek & 2 day r

I would like to join your group also... I ride a WR450 that is not geared for high speeds so the slower pace works well for me. I also run a GPS if additional navigation capabilities are required.

You are now on the list!

Im anxious for this ride and getting my bike more and more prepared every day.

Yesterday I built a rack out of scrap material for these ammo cans that I was given. The boxes are a little small and the rack isn't perfect, but it'll do the job. Installed the new rear tire and should be receiving my new matching front today.

picture.php

Sander, I just figured out I'll be free this weekend and would like to come along also.
Trying to decide to hotel or camp. I would like to camp, but either is ok. Are there any other campers that you know of?

I know of at least 3 camping. Counting myself.

Back