• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin TARA: Monthly ride

Riders,

The next monthly ride is Saturday, May 6th.

hum.....celebrate mom's birthday or ride??? :shrug:

maybe she'll be happy celebrating it on Sunday...:shame:

Any plans for May and June?

Any plans for May and June?

Yes, Richard is planning to ride this Saturday May 6th, and the weather is going to be EXCELLENT

I have a guest coming to town, originally from Poland, his name is Marcin

Richard plans to take him under his wing as Marcin ride my KTM 500 with Richard. Marcin is a former motocross rider but has never been to Texas or seen the Hill Country

I'll have Marcin's wife Kora on the back of my GSA, and she and I will tag team the group the best we can and also try to meet the group for lunch.

Thanks for the update.

Arrr, Can't change the Saturday plans this late....

Are these rides usually the first weekend? If so, I can make sure to leave the first weekends open.

Yes, Richard is planning to ride this Saturday May 6th, and the weather is going to be EXCELLENT

I have a guest coming to town, originally from Poland, his name is Marcin

Richard plans to take him under his wing as Marcin ride my KTM 500 with Richard. Marcin is a former motocross rider but has never been to Texas or seen the Hill Country

I'll have Marcin's wife Kora on the back of my GSA, and she and I will tag team the group the best we can and also try to meet the group for lunch.

Are these rides usually the first weekend? If so, I can make sure to leave the first weekends open.

These rides are the first Saturday of every month.

The details and the monthly routes are posted in the first thread in this post.

Hope to see you at the next one.

I am going to try to make this.
I will sleep in my van Friday night at Walmart.

Richard what time would you all meet at Jim's for breakfast?

Trailboss - outstanding weather and most excellent ride today. Happy to get the BIG BIKES away from Starbucks and out on that sandy trail :rider:.

Mike

Great ride, day and people. Dirt and water crossings are always fun. Had some photos but my camera is somewhere on Keyserville Road. Helmet cam confirms one minute there, stood up for some rocks and bumps, sat down. Gone. Didn't notice until we arrived in Castell. Here is one from my phone.

Attachments

• castell-generalstore.jpg
    castell-generalstore.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 308
Great ride, day and people. Dirt and water crossings are always fun. Had some photos but my camera is somewhere on Keyserville Road. Helmet cam confirms one minute there, stood up for some rocks and bumps, sat down. Gone. Didn't notice until we arrived in Castell. Here is one from my phone.

I'll help go look for it in two weeks. That's when the boy ships and my Saturdays will be open.:rider:

I'll help go look for it in two weeks. That's when the boy ships and my Saturdays will be open.:rider:

I suspect the camera will be long gone. it was a 12 year old powershot so the only real loss are the photos of the day. I had this setup for years and never lost it. Next setup will be more secure. Thanks!

i-bMRqz3w-L.jpg

i-qf96JZj-L.jpg

i-cW9NTqB-XL.jpg

i-LVbPdvx-L.jpg

i-Njvcjqq-L.jpg

i-c9wLgD6-L.jpg

i-cC8FFzM-L.jpg

i-d4JFLFV-L.jpg

i-JJn4FdZ-L.jpg

Probably the best weather and fun ride in memory with Trail Boss and the gang that showed up for the monthly ride.

Pictured above are my guests from Chicago, he riding my KTM 500 and she on the back of my GSA. They had a GREAT time on the ride and stopping at Castell General Store

Riders,

The next monthly Austin dual sport ride is Saturday, June 3rd. See the first post in this thread for time, locations, and downloadable gps tracks.

To avoid the high afternoon heat, I have planned shorter rides of about 100 miles for the summer months (June - August). This way we can get our rides in during the relatively cooler morning hours.

For the June ride, we are making a loop to Johnson City and back on some of the best county roads in-between. While there is no dirt on this route there is one sweet little water crossing, some superb twisty county roads, and abundant scenic hill country views.

Sounds like this might be a good easy ride with the Africa Twin and Mary on the back? I will check with the big boss see if she is interested.

What are the lunch options ?

Looks good for me too. The kid shipped last week. No more pt getting in the way!

I'm considering it. Just depends on when my wife heads out of town and whether she takes the dog too.

Maybe if we find ourselves near dripping we can take the group to the property and survey the possibility of some skills practice riding sections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to try to make it.
Will be sleeping in the van in Walmart parking lot like last time.

Back