• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Great Divide Ride: June 10 - 16, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it has been posted, but the reason Cottonwood pass is closed is not because of snow. Closed because they are paving it.:giveup:

is anyone going to be coming thur midland tx that wouldnt mind me throwing a extra set of tires on there truck or trailer??

That's perfect.. they are a good used set just spares for who ever might need them.. hopefully no one does .. tkc 80s with about 1000 miles on them ..

Shoot me a PM as we get closer to departure and we'll work out the details.

That's perfect.. they are a good used set just spares for who ever might need them.. hopefully no one does .. tkc 80s with about 1000 miles on them ..

What size & what bike(s) will fit? I'm running E-07's F&R, but the rear will need replacing at some time in the next 1,500 miles or so. I have an '09 KLR 650. Willing to throw in some cash if that's what it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What size & what bike(s) will fit? I'm running E-07's F&R, but the rear will need replacing at some time in the next 1,500 miles or so. I have an '09 KLR 650. Willing to throw in some cash if that's what it takes.

19 front 17 rear.. will fit most of the bigger adv bikes

One month from today I leave Conroe, hitting Tombstone AZ, stop by Boot Hill on way out to the meet up to get a good laugh. Will do the Ride with the group then continue on to the Canadian Border.Planning to sleep on ground wherever we land then in hotels every now and then like when i need a shower. Looking forward to this adventure.

One month from today I leave Conroe, hitting Tombstone AZ, stop by Boot Hill on way out to the meet up to get a good laugh. Will do the Ride with the group then continue on to the Canadian Border.Planning to sleep on ground wherever we land then in hotels every now and then like when i need a shower. Looking forward to this adventure.

If we have a good pace I would like to ride all of the way up too..

well I am riding with one other, I think we will have a good pace. Roughing it as much as possible or staying at hotels as the situation presents itself. travel cheap enjoy the ride stay flexible is the motto. You are welcome to come along.

well I am riding with one other, I think we will have a good pace. Roughing it as much as possible or staying at hotels as the situation presents itself. travel cheap enjoy the ride stay flexible is the motto. You are welcome to come along.

sounds like a plan to me.. what size of bikes are you two taking? ill be on a r1200gsa.. i am ready for this trip to began.

My work is killing me! I honestly won't know until a week prior to the trip, will I be able to go. If I do, I really want to do the whole thing all up to Canada myself. I'll be on a KTM 690 Enduro r. Camp whenever I can, and occasional hotel for a shower and nice rest.

Come join us Goyko! Going to be EPIC!

well if you are too good to ride with lowly KTMs you are welcome, I will be on a 1290 and the other guy will be on a 990. This will be epic

sounds like a plan to me.. what size of bikes are you two taking? ill be on a r1200gsa.. i am ready for this trip to began.

well if you are too good to ride with lowly KTMs you are welcome, I will be on a 1290 and the other guy will be on a 990. This will be epic

Yes it will.. no I am not to good to ride with ktm's I love ktm's too. I have a couple of them .. can't wait to see you guys up there

Last edited:

Can i ride with you guys up to Jackson Wy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking for a group to ride with, will be staying in hotels. I can trailer two maybe 3 bikes. Planning on going to Albuquerque and riding to SCity and from SB back to Albuquerque.
Thanks

Looking for a group to ride with, will be staying in hotels. I can trailer two maybe 3 bikes. Planning on going to Albuquerque and riding to SCity and from SB back to Albuquerque.

Thanks

I bet the groups all get sorted out by 11am Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slow and steady DR650 rider here planning to camp except at Silver City and Salida, CO. Agrees with misterk in that riding groups will very likely sort themselves out by early on day 1. I'm solo riding to Silver city from El Paso and looping back to Albuquerque and the end to store the bike and fly home. I am looking forward meeting and joining up with other like minded (i.e. slow and cautious) riders.

Last edited:
I just booked a room at motel 6, across from econo lodge $59 vs 127 for econo lodge for Saturday night. Planning on camping the rest of the time.

Last edited:
Registration sent in for James (DR650), Justin (KLR) and Jacob Queen. Jacob will be 2 up with his dad. We will haul to Antonito Colo Saturday and spend the night. We plan to ride section 7 and section 6 of the New Mexico BDR south thru Cuba to Grants NM Sunday where we will join up with the group. We have hotel reservations every night. Friday we will ride back to Antonito and spend the night before traveling back to Graham on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back