• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Fall Arkansas/Missouri Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome... I've been needing to plan a visit to family in that part of the world (SW Missouri and NE Oklahoma). If I can combine it with this ride, that would be even better.

Count me as highly interested. I'd be on the S10 and rather stay on pavement. It's not set up for gravel and I am not skilled at big bike off-pavement. (That's what the XT250 is for.)

Randy
XT250, Super Tenere, NC700X

Drove home through Missouri yesterday, and southern Missouri/northern Arkansas was looking as beautiful as ever. Can't wait to get up there on the bike!

OK, I think I have everything updated.

Please chime in again if I didn't get you added to the first post.

Also, please post up again if you reserved one of the block of rooms. I need to get an accurate count.

Got a room - didn't ask for single or double, just a $59 room. Looking forward to it!

Gotcha down. Are you taking one of the rooms at Swiss Village?

Yes and hopefully they have Swiss Miss packets in the room as well for an early morning warm beverage.

coffee.gif

RB

Hmm I see you are going right past my place on the Sunday loop. For anyone interested in amazing wilderness camping or dirt & dual sport road riding. I have a couple thousand acres of prime Ozark back country riding & camping land. Its located on the mountain sitting right behind the Boxley Valley Church and also runs way up Beech creek. Come play in the dirt with me, if you got some dirt skilz and the bike.

Hmm I see you are going right past my place on the Sunday loop.

We'll be running that loop on Saturday. Sunday will be get-home day for most folks, but for those that can stay longer that sounds like a blast!

Day 1 so far is right around 300 miles. This ride feature a section of 160 in MO, the Peel Ferry crossing of Bull Shoals Lake, and Push Mountain Road. Should be a spectacular day of riding.
AeMUe7WA50vcN9bbSnLAr9KBAvSfU6DteALMxzWvCk2eTiN7IS9G9c3wkUMU8hO-D-6fzyTcSQGsIUbfRlI=w910-h630-no.png

Now I need to see if someone will share a dirt road ride or two with me. I have no experience in that area other than when I can find online, but if someone is willing to share some good dirt road riding with me I'll make sure we have good GPS files available.

Day 1 so far is right around 300 miles. This ride feature a section of 160 in MO, the Peel Ferry crossing of Bull Shoals Lake, and Push Mountain Road. Should be a spectacular day of riding.
AeMUe7WA50vcN9bbSnLAr9KBAvSfU6DteALMxzWvCk2eTiN7IS9G9c3wkUMU8hO-D-6fzyTcSQGsIUbfRlI=w910-h630-no.png

Now I need to see if someone will share a dirt road ride or two with me. I have no experience in that area other than when I can find online, but if someone is willing to share some good dirt road riding with me I'll make sure we have good GPS files available.

:tab Right there where US 160 makes that 90 turn to the South above Forsyth, you will see MO H. This is a great paved road. I like to run it North to where it hits MO 125, then run 125 all the way back down to the Ferry. It is worth the extra miles/time!! Alternatively, right at your gas stop, stay on MO 76 over to Bradleyville and then head South on 125. That stretch of US 160 from the gas stop over to 125 is nice, but there can be a lot of traffic and the run up H/125 or 76/125 is MUCH better.

:tab The lettered roads in Missouri can be paved or unpaved. If they are paved, they are often a bit narrow, but the pavement quality is generally good and they tend to be twisty as they usually follow the terrain rather than having lots of cut/fill road grading.

:tab I have attached two GPX files for consideration. Both routes are about 330-340 miles and hit MANY great roads while avoiding the higher traffic roads.

:tab The North route is mostly in Missouri, but includes the Ferry and the run back West to Eureka Springs. There is a nice 50's style cafe in Cape Fair on MO 76 before you reach Reed Springs. It is right at the stop sign. Gas available in Noel on the West end of 90, Cassville where you pick up MO 76, Reed Springs, US 160/65 intersection (BIG Station with lots of pumps), but then not again until crossing back into Missouri on US 65.

:tab The South route is nothing but awesome roads. Probably need to get gas in Clarksville even though I did not include that on the route. Most stations are near the Interstate. However, there is a small station on 21 as you come into town. I've no idea if it keeps regular hours or has premium for those that want/need it. From there, next gas is at Marshall, decent sized station on US 65 as you head North through town. From there, next gas is Jasper. Between Clarksville and Marshall, there is nothing. So probably lunch in Marshall, on same side of town as gas.

:tab These routes also allow numerous places for people to cut them short if they get tired or just want to head back to Eureka Springs. I did not include Push Mountain and Hwy 14 South of Yellville simply because they are a LONG way over there. The route you have that includes them IS a good route. I just rode both of those roads twice a few weeks ago and they are in excellent condition. Push Mountain is patrolled on weekends and 14 South of Yellville can get a lot of traffic because of rafters/tubers on the river.

:tab Anyway, just tossing this out there for your consideration.

Attachments

• TWT Fall Ark 2017 North Route.gpx
    381 KB · Views: 333
  • TWT Fall Ark 2017 South Route.gpx
    365.8 KB · Views: 288
Thanks Scott! Now I just need you to come along and lead the dirt group!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back