• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Sweet posts guys. Very jealous !!!! Keep them coming please . This was a good year for me on the bike. Big Bend, Arkansas , Summit County, CO, Barber vintage rally , Asheville and the BRP, Harvest festival. I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Headed to Ecuador in 2 weeks; going to rent a bike there while I visit family. I'll try to post pics of that one.
Keep the ride reports coming please.

My 2 sons and I are leaving Oct 7th for a 9 day ride starting in central Texas up to Asheville,NC. We are going up there for the fall color change and will ride the BRP, Cherohala Skyway, Moonshine 28, Tail of the Dragon, up to Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, and Cherokee.

My 2 sons and I are leaving Oct 7th for a 9 day ride starting in central Texas up to Asheville,NC. We are going up there for the fall color change and will ride the BRP, Cherohala Skyway, Moonshine 28, Tail of the Dragon, up to Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, and Cherokee.

Now, that's a nice area to ride! I think the Cherohala Skyway is one of my favorite roads. I know you're going to enjoy it!

Hit the Oark Cafe a few weekends ago and talked to some hunters in the area. This cafe is famous for many intrepid dual-sport riders and cruisers types as well who frequent the many riding options the area has to offer.

The road leading to the Oark Cafe from Highway 103 is outstanding. After Oark, instead of opting to ride the typical Pig Trail route, I hopped off on CR295 north from Highway 15. From there, CR295 goes over about six to seven miles of mild gravel road and then it spills you out into CR38. CR38 goes along the top of a ridge overlooking mountains on either side going through their fall color change. From there I head west from Winslow and take the Devils Pen 170 road. It has a series of fantastic sharp switchbacks that require your utmost attention. From the Devils Pen, I took numerous small county roads that eventually led down Highway 59 south bordering Oklahoma. After a late lunch, it was IH40 east back to Clarksville.

2uiyl5e.jpg

Back in mid-October the TW & I accepted a ride in Jay's truck to the RibFest in central Tennessee, an annual event hosted by the Nashville BMW motorcycle club at a club member's rural acreage:
picture.php

With rain most all day Friday, we went sight-seeing the truck, stopping for lunch in downtown Centerville, TN, where you will find this bust of Minnie Pearl sculpted in chicken wire:
picture.php

There were lots of activities at camp on Saturday, including GS Giants events and trials/obstacle competitions, but I set out on my own to explore the local area:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The little tourist town of Leipers Fork was hosting a Chili Cook-Off with a celebrity parked at the edge of town:
picture.php

And a band and cloggers entertaining in-town:
picture.php

Central TN is a beautiful area:
picture.php

With lots of little paved & unpaved county roads to explore - with a noticeable absence of roadside litter:
picture.php

I even ventured as far as Santa Fe - and have a pic to prove it :trust::
picture.php

I decided to kick off the New Year with a little ride. I was doing a few things around the house when I heard the KTM whisper my name. I tried to ignore it at first but in the end it won. I geared up checked the oil and air in the tires. The fuel was low so that determined the direction of travel. I only had about 2hrs of daylight left so I was just going to go for a quick spin. The temps were great and the gravel roads were damp but not muddy, traction was great. I just wandered and found one of my local gravel shortcuts getting a facelift.
EC1F3E24-0A52-44B3-8137-2B218C549F35_zpsrmf5ttzv.jpg

You can't' stop progress, but you can pick another road.

EECB3CE7-1213-41D1-B11B-CE687AE8CB06_zpsqwepaisj.jpg

The sun began to set and I started making turns that would lead me home with my only regret, I should have decided to ride earlier.

5AC5D2C9-F618-47F6-8108-888AEDB85B68_zpstwrdq9nr.jpg

Buggers.... our HIGH temp of this week is theoretically going to be around zero once the front comes through....

Buggers.... our HIGH temp of this week is theoretically going to be around zero once the front comes through....

You will get your turn to make us jealous with those mountain views.

Yeah... in 5 short months... ;)

Snuck in one last ride/elk scouting trip on December 4th, we had a very dry November.

20161204_155235_Mod-XL.jpg

Haven't seen the ground since.

i-NnzwN3H-XL.jpg

DRZ400 and Sl350 both having hiccups ... day ride on CT90s. 4 hours, less than 100 miles, and about a gallon of gas total... Hunt county east of Dallas during a water break:

34468513665_1d57975a46.jpg

DRZ400 and Sl350 both having hiccups ... day ride on CT90s. 4 hours, less than 100 miles, and about a gallon of gas total... Hunt county east of Dallas during a water break:

34468513665_1d57975a46.jpg

You keep post these and I will have to have one. Keep looking at them on CL and they have been tempting me for a while.:deal: I have a weakness for two wheels.:trust:

I think everyone ought to try a CT90. Those little bikes make the average gravel road into an adventure. Drew, let me know if you get one so I can help.

I think everyone ought to try a CT90. Those little bikes make the average gravel road into an adventure. Drew, let me know if you get one so I can help.

Gotta sell something first but really think they would be fun to own. Kinda like a yellow one I saw a while back on Craigslist.

I know you said to make sure to get the one with a real fork not the solid front end. :rider:

I think everyone ought to try a CT90. Those little bikes make the average gravel road into an adventure.

I tried one back in 1971, have they changed any since then? Lol I guess it all depends what kind of adventure you're up for.

...never slow down...never grow old

_

I tried one back in 1971, have they changed any since then? Lol I guess it all depends what kind of adventure you're up for.

...never slow down...never grow old

_

Not much!

One of those two CT90s has some significant upgrades since 71. It has new front springs that keep the front from bottoming out so quickly. New rectifier throws out lots more watts and led bulbs help. The rear shock are about 50% stiffer, it has tapered bearing in the steering instead of ball bearings. Lots more but it's funny you mention that because I was on the 69 with the black milk crate and it is almost 100% stock - only the rectifier upgrade and it rides 100% different than the 1975 one with all its upgrades.

...never slow down...never grow old - yep.

From same day trip, I just love going over a creek on a small bridges with gravel roads...

34357697511_32533423c8.jpg

Last edited:
It won't be this one! $3500? on AustinsCraigs list.

1967 Honda CT90
condition: excellent
engine displacement (CC): 90
fuel: gas
odometer: 1527
paint color: red
title status: clean
transmission: other
"SURVIVOR" Honda CT90 with 1527 miles. Was stored indoors since 1980. Runs great everything works including charging system. Original headlight & tail/brake light still work fine. Has never been off-road. Was bought new by original owner that lived downtown a couple of blocks from the Capitol Building. It lived there for 48 yrs till I bought it. All the miles were put on it in Downtown Austin area. It has new tires, tubes & battery. Original Carburetor has been rebuilt and gas tank cleaned out with new fuel lines. Fresh oil change. Has High & Low range gearbox that can be switched with lever under transmission. Can set for weeks and will crank on first crank every time. Clear Texas Title. 2 original Keys and fork lock works too. Cleaned and waxed original paint and wheels and they look great. Re-packed bearings when tires were changed. Front and rear brakes work fine. Drives great. Engine runs smooth & quiet. Original seat has no tears. Firm on price - serious inquiries only.

Last edited:
Haha love the CT90 stuff!

I had a great one on Friday with my kid, did a 35 mile loop almost all dirt from our house. Great two track and great views, he even got to do a creek crossing followed by a tight turn and climb.

i-fq335T2-L.jpg

Super fun loop, the dirt was perfect.

i-BrJhr8t-L.jpg

Did about 85 miles of roadbook checking for an upcoming ride yesterday, hard hard work I tell ya. We've had a ton of moisture so even the desert is green.

i-msskr35-L.jpg

That WY is so beautiful. I would like to go back one more time. I bet the wildlife love the lushness of the land this year. I love to watch the pronghorns antics.

That WY is so beautiful. I would like to go back one more time. I bet the wildlife love the lushness of the land this year. I love to watch the pronghorns antics.

They're standing around with confused looks on their faces wondering what do do with all the feed and water....

Great shots Justin!

Is that a 4 stroke 110cc Yosh is sitting on?

Cool.

How's he getting along with the clutch?

Cool.

How's he getting along with the clutch?

Much better this year, last year he dumped it every time because his hands just couldn't hold on all the way out, and I didn't get kids levers on there or modify the existing ones to limit the travel.

Hmmm... I want to get Daniel and Sarah onto a clutched bike. I have the XR80R, but the reach for the lever is an issue for both. Are kid levers just bent in more toward the grip? If so, that doesn't interfere with the ability to fully disengage by limiting the amount of available pull on the cable? I really need to check the clutch on the 80 anyway. It is a 2003 model and I think the plates are still all original.

Right now, both are riding 110's without the clutch. They are still wrapping their heads around the concept of gears. For Daniel, gears just mean more speed. He's not real clear on why you would ever want to use a lower gear :lol2: Sarah just likes to put it in second and never shift. I am trying to get them to understand the idea of matching the desired gear to engine RPM/power.

Back