• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

More power 1250.

Great work as usual from you :D

is this exhaust sectional or full one piece?

What dimensions you have built this exhaust Buddy?

Great work as usual from you :D

is this exhaust sectional or full one piece?

What dimensions you have built this exhaust Buddy?

I started as sectional, but finally i did it one piece. The dimension are headers 38 to 45, middle 50 last conical 54 to 60.
I will do a dyno comparison back to back from both headers in a few days to see the actual result.

finally dyno day and i have the result of my home made header. Not the best but also not the worst result. Down low needs some fuel adjustment for that deep so it should be smaller difference.
I was hopping to be better at wider range on top end. It works good for the last 1500 revs. Below is about 1 to 2 hp less.
Probably it will work better with the bigger inlet camshaft on top end.
Overall i think it worked good. Note that the temperature is 36C !! way to hot!!

finally dyno day and i have the result of my home made header. Not the best but also not the worst result. Down low needs some fuel adjustment for that deep so it should be smaller difference.
I was hopping to be better at wider range on top end. It works good for the last 1500 revs. Below is about 1 to 2 hp less.
Probably it will work better with the bigger inlet camshaft on top end.
Overall i think it worked good. Note that the temperature is 36C !! way to hot!!

Bit of adjustment down low could well get the power back but 36c is waay to hot.

Yes i know, 36c is not for dynoday but i wanted to see the diference of the 2 headers and not the best power. On an day with 20c probaply it will be at least 3-4 hp more.
Both dyno are the same day for accurate result

Last edited:
Yes i know, 36c is not for dynoday but i wanted to see the diference of the 2 headers and not the best power. On an day with 20c probaply it will be at least 3-4 hp more.

Very nice numbers though mate.

Hope you are healing well.

Do you have a dyno run from before the new throttle bodies? Head and cam work is probably as far as I would go with it.

Interestingly I met a person recently who had put GSXR1100 head and cams on the Bandit 1250. He mentioned he put some AN fittings for the oil routing. Would be interesting to find how much it makes on the dyno.

He is the original owner of this mod and content. He said he wanted to share a write up on it here on the forum. I will find it out more from him later.

IMG_20170609_212459447.jpg

IMG_20170609_212453322.jpg

Interestingly I met a person recently who had put GSXR1100 head and cams on the Bandit 1250. He mentioned he put some AN fittings for the oil routing. Would be interesting to find how much it makes on the dyno.

He is the original owner of this mod and content. He said he wanted to share a write up on it here on the forum. I will find it out more from him later.

That would be most interesting.

I do not see any advance on using that head except using the bigger throttle bodies. But as i see he kept bandit's one.
Now i am in the process to put a bigger inlet camshaft. I am hoping to go near 170 hp. Finger crossed

Last edited:
I do not see any advance on using that head except using the bigger throttle bodies. But as i see he kept bandit's one.
Now i am in the process to put a bigger inlet camshaft. I am hoping to go near 170 hp. Finger crossed

GSXR1100 made 110hp from memory so no advantage I can really see. I might be missing something. Unless he meant GSXR1000 head?

So you might sell me your Yoshi cams soon then?

GSXR1100 made 110hp from memory so no advantage I can really see. I might be missing something. Unless he meant GSXR1000 head?

So you might sell me your Yoshi cams soon then?

Gsxr 1000 has camshaft chain on the side not to the center so it is impossible.

Hahaha about yoshi they are already booked, sorry

I'm not sure why he went with the GSXR1100 head and cams. He mentioned that he had the engine torn apart for sometime and when he had put it back together, he used GSXR1100 head. May be he missed the Bandit 1250 parts while storing. He mentioned he had to make some mods to the intake manifold to fit Bandit 1250 throttle body.

GSXR 750 DOT head and GSXR1100 cams with High Compression JE pistons are tried and tested solution to make more power in the Bandit 1200. They make around 135-150 hp with 85-95 ft/lbs of tq based on the displacement. (1216/1246 etc)

Since the GSXR1100 head fits , I'm thinking , may be same recipe works for Bandit 1250. But all of this are in air and until its done, nothing is definite.

Also there was a post about Big bore Bandit 1250 with 1320 cc from Dale of Holeshot along with cams and head porting. Together with Stage 2 mods, he was hoping for 160+ hp. I don't know what happened after that, there is no link to it in his website.

http://nswbandits.forumotion.net/t484-dale-s-1320cc-bandit-kit

But what Bandakias is doing is real R&D and making progress with Bandit 1250 engine. Kudos to that Buddy.

Today i had a chance to test the bike on open and twisted road. I was really impressed on how good it feels on twists with the USD front, i liked a lot.
Also i saw that the headers works well. In terms off performance bandit is between gsxr750 and gsxr1000 2009. As much i was in front of 750 that much was gsxr 1000 in front of me.

Last edited:
Hmm... i dont recall seeing 1320 build. If you can find a link, please post up..That would be awesome!

Well i just added the bigger camshaft and it made a big difference. Despite it's big duration of 255 it is working great from like 3500rpm. Looking now for dyno result, i expect near 170 rwp.
It seems bandit like big duration inlet camshaft. Here is a friend of mine with head work, camshafts. A very good result.

Back