• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Fall Arkansas/Missouri Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinkin bout leavin Wed the 11th after I get off work at 2pm..... Needta check for motels along the way though.

May also stay thru Sun nite...comin home Monday

Sent from my A450TL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I haven't had much time to spend on this forum for a while.
I did this ride a couple times years ago. Both dirt and street versions.
I am seriously interested in attending this event and have a couple questions.

Are there any rooms still available?

The dirt rides will they be big bike friendly or the multiple stream crossing over baby head boulders type routes?

I haven't had much time to spend on this forum for a while.
I did this ride a couple times years ago. Both dirt and street versions.
I am seriously interested in attending this event and have a couple questions.

Are there any rooms still available?

The dirt rides will they be big bike friendly or the multiple stream crossing over baby head boulders type routes?

I added 5 more to the our room block, and I believe all of those are still available.

So far I don't have anything formal lined up for dirt road rides, so at this point they can be whatever you'd like. From what I've heard and seen on various maps, there are myriad dirt options in the area, from easy going to extreme. Unfortunately I ride only street so I don't have first-hand experience.

I'm pretty sure there are going to be several attending who will want to ride dirt, but so far there isn't a predetermined, organized route. I wouldn't worry too much about that though, once we're all there we'll get the dirty guys together and you guys can go off exploring.

PAC man, can you email me the map on the first page (Burleson to Eureka Springs) at lynnboyd56@yahoo.com?

I can send you a link to my Furkot page where you can view, zoom in/out and pan around on the the map (Furkot uses Google Maps), or the GPS file in any of these formats that you can import into your nav device, or both. Which would you like?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-08-16 at 7.35.57 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2017-08-16 at 7.35.57 PM.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 213
PAC man, can you email me the map on the first page (Burleson to Eureka Springs) at lynnboyd56@yahoo.com?

I'll go ahead and post the link here on the thread. There's still a chance I'll be trailering up, or I might just have my wife take the trailer and ride up there anyway. :rider:

https://trips.furkot.com/ts/BlUNwK

This is a non-interstate route leaving from Alvarado. That's not to say that there aren't any long, straight, boring stretches while getting out of Texas, cuz there are. :lol2:

Let me know if you still want a GPS file. Happy to email it.

I'll go ahead and post the link here on the thread. There's still a chance I'll be trailering up, or I might just have my wife take the trailer and ride up there anyway. :rider:

https://trips.furkot.com/ts/BlUNwK

This is a non-interstate route leaving from Alvarado. That's not to say that there aren't any long, straight, boring stretches while getting out of Texas, cuz there are. :lol2:

Let me know if you still want a GPS file. Happy to email it.

I'm probably gonna trailer to just North of Broken Bow off 259 and ride the rest of the way. This is almost the same route I was thinking of taking. Thanks. If you decide to ride all the way, I might can be swayed to do so also but I 'be been battling arthritis in my left wrist and hand and sometimes too many long days of riding really take a toll on it. I'd rather save it for more riding on Friday and Saturday.

T-shirt Update:
OP has been updated with ordering information for ladies shirts. There have been a couple of ladies thinking about attending, and Ms Pacman is attending and would like a t-shirt, but doesn't care for the regular men's cut shirts, so I thought I'd make this option available. Read the first post for more details.

Next order of business: I need a headcount for dinner at Bavarian Inn on Saturday Night. Please post up and let me know if you (and any +1's) are attending.

Please count me in for the Bavarian Inn and the duck entree. I'm hoping I can catch a ride in someone's cage so I can have a drink or two and not worry about deer at dusk/dark.

I'm probably gonna trailer to just North of Broken Bow off 259 and ride the rest of the way. This is almost the same route I was thinking of taking. Thanks. If you decide to ride all the way, I might can be swayed to do so also but I 'be been battling arthritis in my left wrist and hand and sometimes too many long days of riding really take a toll on it. I'd rather save it for more riding on Friday and Saturday.

Does anyone know of an rv park or a business or TWT'r that has a place I can park my tow rig Thursday through Sunday for a small fee near Hochatown or Broken Bow? I have a couple of rv parks to call but was just wondering about any others.

MacDaddy and I are planning to eat with y'all but no duck dinners for us. Thanks.

Well I knew it was too good to be true. I can't go out of town that weekend.

Thanks for the response. Maybe next year!

Does anyone know of an rv park or a business or TWT'r that has a place I can park my tow rig Thursday through Sunday for a small fee near Hochatown or Broken Bow? I have a couple of rv parks to call but was just wondering about any others.

I emailed Hochatown BBQ/Secluded Acres RV park and Tom said it was ok to park there. Sounds like a plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back