• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Fall Arkansas/Missouri Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Wayne - sounds like a good plan to me. I may see you on the road. If I find myself a the Lodge between 12:30 and 1:00 pm I will stop by to have lunch or at least say hello. Have a safe trip!

Guys, slight change of plans for me. I'm going to trailer up to Talihina, have lunch at the Queen Wilhelmina Lodge, then ride the rest of the way into ES from there. I've decided to skip the slog through the Metromess and flatlands of North Texas. Since Ms Pacman is driving with the trailer, may as well take advantage of it for that part of the trip.

I'm still planning to eat lunch at Queen Hilhelmina Lodge. I plan to unload in Talihina, ride the Skyway, grab lunch, then roll out for ES. Should be rolling into the Lodge between 12:30 and 1:00 if anyone wants to meet for lunch.

Well sorry y'all, we're having to bail, dad's not doing well. I've canceled the room at the hotel, don't think there's anything else left outstanding. Hope y'all have a great time. We're packing up and going to leave Yellville :(

Well sorry y'all, we're having to bail, dad's not doing well. I've canceled the room at the hotel, don't think there's anything else left outstanding. Hope y'all have a great time. We're packing up and going to leave Yellville :(

Sorry to hear this guys. I was looking forward to seeing y’all. Will be praying for dad.

Sorry we're gonna miss yall
Hope your dad's condition improves.....
Grab a bite to eat on your way out if ya havv time
Front Porch Cafe in Yellville

Sent from my A450TL using Tapatalk

:tab I am sitting here in my office with all the doors and windows open because it is SO FREAKING NICE outside right now. It is killing me not to be able to go on this ride! I hope you folks enjoy it. I look forward to the pics and reports. It's better than nothing since I can't go... :tears:

:tab Have fun, be safe, take LOTS of pics.

This morning was foggy and cold, but we left at 08:30 and just finished the day at 250 miles. Sun is shining and it's 58*.

First important stop...

88bf47fe6c27469bd2b4f603fb4f1ee2.jpg

LUNCHTIME
Then fuel stop for the bike in Athens

Last edited:
Yes it was a cold morning. Became overcast around Talihena where I had breakfast at the Hateful Hussy. The sun came out as soon as I crossed over I-40 which is also where the roads become awesome. 103 to 215 over to the Pig Trail and 23 all the way to E. S. Really fun!

Silverbullet and I just got back from Arkansas and Missuori this afternoon. We both had a little over 2000 miles. I wish I could have stayed up there and ride with some of y'all. I had a flat and a bent rim pretty much right off the bat . Had to go to a Walmart and slime the tire plus we had to keep putting air in it anout every hour and a half. Still had a great time though.
4211dc648a59810851157088cc077b16.jpg

All who wanna chow tomorow, shoot me a text (979-229-4392) so I know how much grub to get. Dinner at 6:30 at the Swiss Holiday (Econolodge) just around the corner from Swiss Village. We are in room 117, but I'll be cookin in the parking lot starting around 5. Come early and visit.

I've got bud, lynyrd, macdaddy so far.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he recovers quickly, and hope to catch you on the next ride.

Hi Wayne - sounds like a good plan to me. I may see you on the road. If I find myself a the Lodge between 12:30 and 1:00 pm I will stop by to have lunch or at least say hello. Have a safe trip!

Sounds good. Hope to see you there!

:tab I am sitting here in my office with all the doors and windows open because it is SO FREAKING NICE outside right now. It is killing me not to be able to go on this ride! I hope you folks enjoy it. I look forward to the pics and reports. It's better than nothing since I can't go... :tears:

:tab Have fun, be safe, take LOTS of pics.

I plan to shoot a ton, and will definitely post as many as possible. Hopefully we can do this again soon and we'll all ride together!

Love seeing all the "pre-ride" ride reports. Makes me chomp at the bit even more!! :rider:

This morning was foggy and cold, but we left at 08:30 and just finished the day at 250 miles. Sun is shining and it's 58*.

First important stop...

88bf47fe6c27469bd2b4f603fb4f1ee2.jpg

LUNCHTIME
Then fuel stop for the bike in Athens

Yes it was a cold morning. Became overcast around Talihena where I had breakfast at the Hateful Hussy. The sun came out as soon as I crossed over I-40 which is also where the roads become awesome. 103 to 215 over to the Pig Trail and 23 all the way to E. S. Really fun!

JMZ, sorry to hear about your wheel, but it looks like you got your money's worth out of that tire!

Silverbullet and I just got back from Arkansas and Missuori this afternoon. We both had a little over 2000 miles. I wish I could have stayed up there and ride with some of y'all. I had a flat and a bent rim pretty much right off the bat . Had to go to a Walmart and slime the tire plus we had to keep putting air in it anout every hour and a half. Still had a great time though.
4211dc648a59810851157088cc077b16.jpg

All who wanna chow tomorow, shoot me a text (979-229-4392) so I know how much grub to get. Dinner at 6:30 at the Swiss Holiday (Econolodge) just around the corner from Swiss Village. We are in room 117, but I'll be cookin in the parking lot starting around 5. Come early and visit.

I've got bud, lynyrd, macdaddy so far.

Rexter, I'm not planning to chow with you guys (the missus made dinner plans for us), but I will stop by and visit. I haven't seen any of the ZRX crowd in a long time, and somehow have missed Bud at least 2 times and we never ended up meeting. Hope to see you all there.

When I got this bike a few months ago, I told my my family and friends that if they ever see it on a trailer call the cops, cuz it's been stolen.

JFyYNvj.jpg

Never say never.......:rofl:

You are getting soft in your old age! LOL

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Wayne, what's really ironic is that I stopped in Little Rock on Monday evening to deliver the remains of your ZRX to the guy that bought it from me. I bought it from Tim and parted it.

Wow I never knew you had it. Crazy small world. Wasn't it in houstonland for a few years?

Yup. I got it a year and a half ago. Sold a few bits and then the rest to a guy from GA. Ya know, I also bought a Yammy XT from you a long time ago.

Head on over tomorrow evening. We are gonna leave out around 08:30 heading up thru Blue Eye, then down 14 to Push Mountain, then back here and strap on a feed bag at 18:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back