• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shocking

Yep, just because a wire is down doesn't mean it's not energized. Re-closers will continue to re-enable the circuit multiple times before finally giving up. I went to a wildfire call one time and there was a row of 8 dead cows across the field that was on fire, every one had come up and sniffed a 14.4kv line that was down and got zapped. The line was still energized when the fire department arrived.

Yep, just because a wire is down doesn't mean it's not energized. Re-closers will continue to re-enable the circuit multiple times before finally giving up. I went to a wildfire call one time and there was a row of 8 dead cows across the field that was on fire, every one had come up and sniffed a 14.4kv line that was down and got zapped. The line was still energized when the fire department arrived.

Yep, When i was a little kid in Missouri a friend of mine Father jumped out of his truck to stomp out a fire on the side of the road and got killed by a power line that was down and started the fire. When he started stomping he hit the wire and was killed instantly. My friend and his little sister were in the truck when it happened......Seems it happens more than you hear about..http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4769576/Third-Boy-Scout-dies-sailing-power-line.html

Back