• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

Got this today from Senator Kirk Watson

Thank you for writing to me about the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve (BCP). I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. One of the City of Austin's best assets is its effectiveness at protecting its natural environment, including the BCP.

My office has reached out to BCP staff regarding your concerns. Based on these conversations, I understand BCP staff is currently revising the draft Public Access Chapter in order to take public comments into account. The second draft should be posted in January 2018.

BCP staff have reassured our office that the updated Public Access Chapter does not recommend any changes to the currently-approved public access uses as described in the original 1999 Public Access Chapter. I have asked them to keep our office apprised of any further changes, and we will continue to follow this issue closely.

I appreciate that you took the time to write. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Received one also. Others mentioned they received a reply too.

Going on Wednesday afternoon (2-14) . Weather should be nice. Trials riders will probably be around too .

It's great today . I thought it would be wet, it isn't .

Trials riders have the place from 5 pm Friday till Sunday PM. National event . Come out and walk the course and watch. Free. Parking might be tough. RV area is assigned in the parking lot.

The weekend the park was closed I went and did some "Urban Dual Sport" exploring and picked up this. Didn't realize it at first and did a little damage to the rim. Buffed out the rough edges with 4-Ought (0000) steel wool. Plan on putting on a new D606 tonight.

Attachments

• Wood Screw.jpg
    Wood Screw.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 350
Now that we have daylight later in the day, I plan to do a little riding after work. Can any one else do a late afternoon week day ride?

Vinny and I are going to be at Emma Long Wednesday about 4 to ride a few laps. Sam, I know you are watching this thread, come on out.

Excellent. Hope to see you there. Hope JT brings beer.

Anyone have a link to that pic of RollingJ's Honda upside down in the tree at City Park.

Back