• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake Bike Night Wednesday

Gaye and I should be able to be there tonight - Spring Break and all.

Anybody ever change out a Foot Peg plate on a BMW RT? We had a minor disaster a couple weekends ago down in Galveston and it drove the right side peg through the plate. I was a long ride with no place to rest my foot except an occasional drag.

New part is enroute, but it seems like it may require more than two hands. Just asking!

See ya'll tonight!

Gaye and I should be able to be there tonight - Spring Break and all.

Anybody ever change out a Foot Peg plate on a BMW RT? We had a minor disaster a couple weekends ago down in Galveston and it drove the right side peg through the plate. I was a long ride with no place to rest my foot except an occasional drag.

New part is enroute, but it seems like it may require more than two hands. Just asking!

See ya'll tonight!
I'm close by if you need an extra hand, available most daytimes too (with a little notice).

There's a relatively new place on FM 528 called Pop Top Burger we ought to try. It's the husband/wife that originally opened Stomp's in Bacliff. They sold the place in Bacliff and the guy who took it over significantly raised prices as well as dropping the quality of the food.
Pop Top is on FM 528 (NASA Road 1 west of I-45) right next to Texas Yamaha. They have several of the specialty burgers they served at Stomp's and Tookies.

I am gessing it is the one on Falcon Pass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It's off of Upper Bay Rd, across from NASA

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There's a relatively new place on FM 528 called Pop Top Burger we ought to try. It's the husband/wife that originally opened Stomp's in Bacliff. They sold the place in Bacliff and the guy who took it over significantly raised prices as well as dropping the quality of the food.
Pop Top is on FM 528 (NASA Road 1 west of I-45) right next to Texas Yamaha. They have several of the specialty burgers they served at Stomp's and Tookies.
Burger was good we talked to the owner a long time and got the history of tookies, stomps and now pop top.

Burger was good we talked to the owner a long time and got the history of tookies, stomps and now pop top.

She told me that the Hubcap Grill in Kemah was closed. I called Hubcap when I got home and they are still open. Guess she's trying to steer people clear of her competition. :lol2:

With both rain and traffic, not going to be able to make it.

Back