• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The TENEREacity of STROM-A-THON APR 13-15 2018....ALL KINDS OF BIKES WELCOME

Re: The TENEREacity of STROM-A-THON APR 13-15 2018

Gina,
Txktenere and BrakingBad would like to ride with you, we have done the sisters quite a bit also. Hope it's OK, breakinbad will be riding her BMW 700. Hope for lots of blue bonnets.
Dennis

Of course y’all are welcome. The route is perfect for the 700. Look forward to meeting y’all. (Love the handle, BrakinBad btw!)

The ride will be limited to no more than 8 bikes. Have 3-4 already.

More groups could form on their own.

I am not gps literate, so I cannot post a track or send a route to your gps. but I could give hand written directions that, if you run a gps, are easy to follow. The notes were successfully used by a stranger to these parts 2 weeks ago. He and his buddy reported no problems following the directions.

Looking forward to it!

Im counting on more folks to step up & be ride leaders....

WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY RIDE GROUPS OF OVER 8-9 BIKES TOTAL.... Gina has the right idea with her group

It is just too much for the leader to keep up with...& still have an enjoyable ride with over this amount

Please let us kno if youd like ta help out

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gina,
We met you in junction briefly last year, we were riding our wr250s. All sounds good. I can say I carry around a GPS and that is all. Sherry got her handle riding sport bikes. Looking forward to the ride.

Gina, I'd like to be in your group. Love to see some backwoods scenery!

Looking like I am going to have to bow out of the #$%#$%#$%=athon. I was supposed to be moving this weekend but closing is delayed until the 11th so looks like I'll be moving that week and I doubt I'll get it done enough to take off and ride over the weekend. Hope to get down and ride some more in Kerrville anyways but you know how it works out sometimes.

As many of you kno...... We lost a really great TWTer in 2017.... RichK was instrumental in the planning & success of Sup A Ten Versys Strom A Thon 2017... offerin up the KOA for our rally base ... finding us good places ta eat... or providing eats ..coffee n water at the KOA... & even leading a ride group on some great roads.
Rich was a person who wouldnt hesitate ta help wherever he could....
FOR ALL THIS.... RICH...The TENEREacity of STROM A THON RALLY 2018 IS DEDICATED TO OUR MANY MEMORIES OF YOU

Some of Rich's ashes are spread up in the big hills on RR337 between Vanderpool & Leakey...one of his favorite spots I understand...if you would like details for a rememberance stop pm me
÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
LEST WE FORGET.....
I would also like to send out a BIG THANX to Timbercat (Lee) who came up with the original idea for Strom A Thon... Lee was instrumental in planning...promoting...and leading the event at its start. He asked me to take over due to some of his other obligations & travels. We appreciate ya for all the efforts Lee.

Gina, I'd like to be in your Saturday group too.

I'll be leading a ride as well. Friday will be either the Sisters (early before the crowds) along with roads like 55 from Barksdale towards Rocksprings and maybe RR674 out of Rocksprings. Coming back on 83 and 39 back into Ingram. OR, as many goat paths up and around Fredericksburg as possible where we'll largely have the roads to ourselves.

MacDaddy, I'm requesting to be part of your Friday ride. At best, I always ride with a safety margin. Some say I'm half fast. Blind corners I slow down enough so that I've never overcooked a corner. I'd like to be last so that I don't mess with another's line or slow the group down. If I can't keep up, I'll drop out after telling the group. If another two of three faster riders sign up for your Friday ride, I'll do my own ride.

It's been one of those days.

Last edited:

Gotcha down for both ride groups Robert

Mac...Im stealin Robert for my Friday ride...I like havin him ride sweep... He makes sure everyone is accounted for

Only a couple o spots left for Gina's Goatpaths Saturday....get em while theyre not......taken

Speakin o rides.....I got me anuther new one this mornin....picked it up with my trailer...dang its windy
4b0e52959ac4967f92415fdac684b853.jpg

What....you were expectin sumthin else??

Last edited:

Rod I'm not going to be able to get to go but here are two of my favorite rides I got off your map.
View attachment 44123

View attachment 44124

I wouldn't mind a copy of Gina's route for the next time I get in the area.
Bob
Bob...you'll hafta pm Gina for her route... Each ride leader does their own thing

Gotcha down for both ride groups Robert

Mac...Im stealin Robert for my Friday ride...I like havin him ride sweep... He makes sure everyone is accounted for

Well poo, I met Robert at one of Beemerless Bob's events and really enjoyed talking to him. Was looking forward to riding with him. So Rod, what do I get in return, a rider to be named later and a late round draft pick and next year's event. :lol2:

4 shirts awaiting pymt as of Thurs mornin
Need pymts from....
bigdave-gs 2 shirts...mailing
maximus_ flavius 1 shirt...mailing
viffer07 1 shirt...mailing
Im still waiting to recieve pymts for 4 shirts from 3 of yall.... If you see your name here contact me later today to find out if the mail came....if not...you might check on your check?!
Latest check I recieved from another TWTer was postmarked out of Abeline on Thurs 22nd

Last edited:

I've got a route I'm contemplating for this. It's long range, including many miles of dirt (rock) roads, daylight to dark, for those so inclined.

I've got a route I'm contemplating for this. It's long range, including many miles of dirt (rock) roads, daylight to dark, for those so inclined.
Aaron....I'll list your ride on the first post
Thanx

& jus so yall kno...Aaron likes ta ride...alot!

Last edited:

Im still waiting to recieve pymts for 4 shirts from 3 of yall.... If you see your name here contact me later today to find out if the mail came....if not...you might check on your check?!
Latest check I recieved from another TWTer was postmarked out of Abeline on Thurs 22nd

Waitin on Only one check now.....

I hope not...flyin those planes... Scroll down ...jus below the Butler maps note

EDIT....I really should read these things closer.... Sorry BB...thought I was talkin to Ron

That's ok, I'm blind too.

I MIGHT MAKE THIS ONE. WILL BE CAMPING IF I DO.
LATER TATERS

Ok, the homeless trio are in. We made our site reservations at the KOA. Do we need to do some other registration? Meals? Or just show up?

How ‘bout shirts. How do we order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back