• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The TENEREacity of STROM-A-THON APR 13-15 2018....ALL KINDS OF BIKES WELCOME

Checking the first post, we have 6 riders listed for my group, seems like there was one more...

I can hand out typed directions for anyone so desirous

JT will be riding sweep...

Looking forward to it!

Hope the folks in tents don't get buffeted too much tonight.

Mr2Mch,

I tried sending a PM but it seemed to have failed--I was letting you know that I cancelled my trip due to weather. :giveup: And please dispose of my shirt as you see fit.

Thanks for organizing this and sorry I'm missing it.

Bob

I'm waiting for the rain to stop and roads to dry up so I won't make it to the Hard 8. I need to be out of here by noon or Strom-Tenere-a-thon 18 will be a bust for me.

I have to cancel Rod, I have an eye infection that is going to take some "taking care of", hope y'll have a great time. If there is someone that didn't order a shirt and wants one give my shirt to them, if no takers you can give it to Peter aka euromedic!! Stay safe!

Checking the first post, we have 6 riders listed for my group, seems like there was one more...

I can hand out typed directions for anyone so desirous

JT will be riding sweep...

Looking forward to it!

Hope the folks in tents don't get buffeted too much tonight.

Gina I would like to ride in your group if you still have room for one more

Mr2Mch,

I tried sending a PM but it seemed to have failed--I was letting you know that I cancelled my trip due to weather. :giveup: And please dispose of my shirt as you see fit.

Thanks for organizing this and sorry I'm missing it.

Bob

What ? ? ? Are you a fair weather rider ? ? ? :rofl: :rider:
The weather will move out and it will be awesome tomorrow ! Ride On ! ! !

Fair weather rider? Sad but true. High winds take a lot of the fun out of it for me.

I and other fair weather riders would enjoy any photos from the ride that the intrepid, who-cares-what-the-weather-is riders would care to post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Fair weather rider? Sad but true. High winds take a lot of the fun out of it for me.

I and other fair weather riders would enjoy any photos from the ride that the intrepid, who-cares-what-the-weather-is riders would care to post.

13mph wind for this afternoon...
Overcast & cool rite now....perfect.... Yall ..find a way ta get here

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

New rider here. This sounds like a blast, hoping to make the next one.

Can Do ! ! !:lol2:

Maybe new is optimistic, picking up first bike tomorrow morning in North Dallas :)
Well the overcast n cool turned into 87 & sunny in Llano....they said we jus missed more of our rally folks here at the restaurant....got to Tommys 1:15.....& I hadta bypass some of the skinny stuff from Fburg north
A coupla pics....
abd8aa71b459e2a56e31a8ceeb6051a9.jpg
4c0281f617df0a20423f454155376108.jpg
a2c6ba76ae6c07f6937e83418feae07e.jpg

Got camp set up at the Koa. There are a few more tents but everyone must be out riding

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jelly! Jelly Jelly Jelly! Breakfast tacos with Gina sounds like a perfect morning :-)

Y'all have fun! My perfect record for not making it to StromAThon remains intact :thumb:

Jelly! Jelly Jelly Jelly! Breakfast tacos with Gina sounds like a perfect morning :-)

Y'all have fun! My perfect record for not making it to StromAThon remains intact :thumb:
Youre surely missin what hasta be one of the best ones yet.... Tenereacity ....and Strom A Thon....

Darn it, Kat. We gunna break that record next year.

Setting the intention now for then! :sun:

Youre surely missin what hasta be one of the best ones yet.... Tenereacity ....and Strom A Thon....

As I do... :giveup: So I'm relying on you, Rod, to make some more magic happen next year because Gina says I will be there. :rider:

Shoppin for cars..
8404903322ceed9c5fb4c820b6915347.jpg
d5367426f9be99fb12aca18fa618dfca.jpg

78c7fdbd40ef708aaf2d1c0ec4d5993c.jpg
Looks like fun, although I prefer my cars of more recent vintage. [emoji12]

Maybe the fair weather riders will enjoy light winds in the morning. I've been told that the NOAA weather graph is something that only a data nerd would like, but I think it's a good source of info for winds in particular.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=30.05&lon=-99.15&unit=0&lg=english&FcstType=graphical

The purple line in the graph shows the winds falling to about 5mph in the morning, down from 20-30mph currently.
7206ff730189163d304d1762de27b1f1.jpg

Back