• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

Just checked Fuego Burger on Google Maps. Looks like it's only a couple of blocks from Jambo's, where this group has met a couple of times previously.

Howdy All,

I'm still around watching this thread and others. These days I have to "pick & choose" what I attend, what with family and other obligations.

It looks like weather is getting better rather than all that yucky cold/wet stuff.

Remember, anyone can set up and host an event here. This thread was started with the mindset of a one-stop place for TWTexans living south of the DFW Metroplex to plan and get together. But anyone is free to join in.

If you have an idea of a place to eat or a ride, post it up and see who wants to join in.

I'll keep watching and join y'all when I can.

I think I am going to try and hit "Jalapenos Lemon Pepper" in Midlothian on Saturday about noon. I stumbled onto it on google maps. There's a link to the menu on Facebook from the google info listing.

400 W Avenue F, Midlothian, TX 76065

oh ya. After I eat, I plan on trying to hit some back country roads (hopefully dirt/gravel) down near Itasca, Carl's Corner and Plum Grove.

Last edited:
Aw man, I wish you'd posted this earlier. I just committed to go to the guitar show with a buddy. Can't let your music buddies down, you know.

I'm on call this weekend or I'd go. Gotta stay 20 minutes from the computer til next Tuesday. I'll probably ride around the house a bit.

How'd it go?

Had fun. I decided because of the recent rain to not be too adventurous just in case I got in trouble. I went around Maypearl hitting Greathouse Rd and a few others. I did find that water crossing you messaged me about, but it was moving pretty quick and at least 6 inches deep so I turned around. Lo Water Rd and Witten were very nice.

Jalapenos Lemon Pepper was okay, but nothing special. I'm thinking of hitting "Branded Burger Co." that's just around the corner (about 2 blocks away) from Jalapenos this coming Saturday (5/12/18) about noon as well.

Had fun. I decided because of the recent rain to not be too adventurous just in case I got in trouble. I went around Maypearl hitting Greathouse Rd and a few others. I did find that water crossing you messaged me about, but it was moving pretty quick and at least 6 inches deep so I turned around. Lo Water Rd and Witten were very nice.

Jalapenos Lemon Pepper was okay, but nothing special. I'm thinking of hitting "Branded Burger Co." that's just around the corner (about 2 blocks away) from Jalapenos this coming Saturday (5/12/18) about noon as well.

Sounds like you rode right by my house.

I definitely want to ride somewhere Saturday, but I've got to start earlier.

Our band has a gig at 6pm that night, so I need to get done earlier.

Jarrett, you are going to get me in trouble man. Just read your PM about the roads near Mertens, TX.Now I want to go there instead.

Even found Mama's Place on Google with pretty good reviews (405 W Moseley, Italy, TX 76651) that's in that area. Might be a good spot for breakfast and then a morning ride.

Wray Rd looked pretty much like this. I had no idea if I was going to make it to the other end :)

684052d1332607755-south-llano-river-state-park-junction-tx-two-track.jpg

Wray Rd looked pretty much like this. I had no idea if I was going to make it to the other end :)

684052d1332607755-south-llano-river-state-park-junction-tx-two-track.jpg

I really want to ride and explore some roads like Wray Rd on my Dual Sport.
I just don't know where to go look.

If y'all put something together tomorrow, the 12th, I'd like to tag along.
Breakfast in Midlothian? Back roads ride and lunch "wherever"?

Suggestions?

I'm going to go explore west a bit tomorrow. If y'all go hit the gravel stuff, post up some pics for us.

I just ran across this thread http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117403

There are lots of roads to explore South of the Metroplex. They are using "Ride With GPS" and there are some really cool looking routes posted.

I'll post up whichever route I plan on doing and if anyone wants to go just let me know. I like to cruise along and sight-see, stopping off to take pictures. My goal is Exploring new places.

Hey Jeep....
I think Jarrett posted those GPS routes.... but I dont think those are what they were using....
They were using the Macdaddy app

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Hey Larry & others - Mem'l Day weekend coming up. Anybody interested in lunch & a bit of riding either Saturday or Monday? Either is good for me.

South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

I’m free Saturday during the day. Was gonna use that time to put a set of new tires on (nothings wrong with the ones I’ve got on just want more of a street tire for now) but if there’s some people going out I’d like to use that last little bit before changing em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I could be talked into a lunch run.

But I'm not going anywhere near the metro-mess on Memorial Day weekend.

I could be talked into a lunch run.

But I'm not going anywhere near the metro-mess on Memorial Day weekend.

I'd hope we would pick something on or south of 1187, maybe even WELL south. Let's see if some others want to sign up.

There's that Country Store with the great sandwiches between Alvarado & Grandview on I35. Everyone really liked it when we went there while slacking not too long ago
Macdaddy got me started goin there....
Nice roads all round

The BLT Julie had was crazy with bacon
My chickn salad on jalapeno cheeze bread was tasty too
Sometimes they have pulled pork (piled high)
& dont even get me started on the home made desserts

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Works for me. Let's see if we can get some others on board. But for that menu, I'll be there no matter what. Just would like to have some company.

The Country Store is located on the west service road of I-35W between Exits' 17 & 21 at the cross street of CR 106 (no exit).

They are supposed to be moving sometime in the near future to downtown Itasca approximately one block east of the main traffic light located at Hwy 81 and FM 66 near the bank.

What a unique place to eat. Perfect for when you're out riding around. I'll be dreaming about all the fun you're having while I'm sleeping in between 12 hours shifts.

Back