• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Red Oak

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Perdue
Hello All,
I am new to the dual sport side of motorcycling. I picked up a Ducati Desert Sled back in January and have enjoyed it. I have had sports bikes in the passed and ran out of room to pack all my camping amenities, so I traded up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should have guessed. I love the retro tank look. Enjoy. Lots of other nice (and more knowledgeable about Ducatis than me) people will be showing up shortly to introduce themselves.

Welcome, I'm a newbie just down the road in the Waxahachie/Maypearl area.

Should have guessed. I love the retro tank look. Enjoy. Lots of other nice (and more knowledgeable about Ducatis than me) people will be showing up shortly to introduce themselves.
this is my first Ducati and she is pretty fun so far

Welcome, I'm a newbie just down the road in the Waxahachie/Maypearl area.
I was just reading through your intro. I come through Maypearl often. A lot of good riding out that way

Welcome, nice bike.
Thanks.

Cool bike!

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to meeting everyone

Welcome. I'm up the road a little at 35-E and I-20. You will possibly see me going by down Ovilla road headed towards Ferris/Ennis one of these days. I'm always hunting for dirt/unpaved roads south of I-20 less than an hour from my house.

Welcome. I'm up the road a little at 35-E and I-20. You will possibly see me going by down Ovilla road headed towards Ferris/Ennis one of these days. I'm always hunting for dirt/unpaved roads south of I-20 less than an hour from my house.

Sweet. I'll keep an eye out. Hit me up if you ever want company. Always down to get out and ride around here.

oooOOOOooooh! Nice sled!!!

:sun: Welcome! I'll be going through/by Red Oak (again) this weekend. I'll wave!

A scrambler was on my short list for a bit I had a couple of buddies that had them and where always leaving me on the pavement. One of them showed me the sled and that's what I fell for here lol. Waited a year for them to come out and I am glad I waited. Scrambler is fun but that sled loves the dirt and mud.

I got to borrow a Scrambler - the Urban Enduro - for a bit. Something about going 80+ in 5th gear and having another gear to go put a smile on my face. But it's a heavy beast to push around and definitely a lot closer to the ground for more adventurous excursions.

Still riding the Scrambler or have you decided to go to a different style of DS after your ride in Arkansas last October?

690 still has my eye. Still on the DS scrambler. The scrambler is a pretty well rounded bike. We are looking to do some of the TAT in 2020. I'll probably keep it till than.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I'd be sure to get that tire issue sorted before attempting the TAT on the Scrambler! ;-) Just carrying a spare tube would probably do it.

Back