• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Rider in Fort Worth (Burleson)

Reaction score
Hello to all Two Wheeled Texans!

I'm new to Texas and new to riding in general. A little about myself, I'm a recent grad from the University of Arkansas, originally from Missouri. Just a few weeks ago I bought my first bike (since riding dirt bikes at a very young age). After a few months of searching, I stumbled upon a 2011 Suzuki DR650 with 615 miles. Needless to say, I'm looking for places to ride and more importantly people to ride with. I'll definitely be starting at a slower pace being a new guy, but I'm up for any challenges.

Excited to be here and part of this Two-Wheeled Community,

-Andrew

Attachments

• 2011 DR650.jpg
    2011 DR650.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 195
Don't forget to play offroad, we hit Time2Ride in Walnut Springs from time to time.

Welcome to the forum. I'm a newbie as well and these folks have been very welcoming to me and my endless questions :)

If you're on FB and interested, some of the forum regulars and non forum members that live south of the Metroplex have started planning short weekend rides via this group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ECADV/

We're planning on grouping up and riding to Clifton Sunday morning for the breakfast ride. You're welcome to join us if you feel comfortable with that. We'll probably hit some gravel/dirt roads on the way down and back.

Thanks guys! I will definitely be in touch for some meet & greet events/rides. I’ll shoot for attending that meeting on the 12th. OldTLSDoug, I’m looking to ride primarily county roads, and as much gravel and dirt as I can find in the area. I have little to no interest in riding highways around here. Can’t believe how often people don’t see my F-150 on I-35, let alone a motorcycle. I’m booked this weekend as the fiancée is moving down, but I’ll be looking to ride any weekend after that.

Welcome to TWT country. Do you plan on camping off the bike? We are doing that in conjunction with the meet and greet next Sunday. Bring Doug with you. KP

I absolutely will in the future. I’m slowly acquiring all of the gear. Finally got all of my safety gear, so next up are packs/bags.

I absolutely will in the future. I’m slowly acquiring all of the gear. Finally got all of my safety gear, so next up are packs/bags.

Keep on eye on TWT for cheap gear or even free gear from time to time. Are you planning on joining in on the next Sunday buffet breakfast rush?

Howdy and welcome.

You should try hard to make the Meet, Greet and Eat Sunday the 12th in Clifton.
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118149

And a little longer range ...

Roll the Bones ...
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118048

Big Bend at Christmas.
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118171

Don't be scared to wade in knee deep ... good folks here at TWT.

And there is always The Friday night burgers at Burger Box, And the Tuesday night get togethers that move around..

Welcome. Holler if you get down around Waco. There are plenty of us here to ride with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come join us at fuel city in Haltom city tonight. I’m in Benbrook. What part of Fort Worth are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I'm pretty booked through this weekend guys, but I'll be sure to keep in touch in the upcoming weeks. I'm in Burleson.

As to people not seeing your truck or the bike, many people (myseelf included) recommend aux lights on the front. Personally I want more light on the back of my bike now. People see me coming though.

Welcome to the forums. If you don't mind going about 30 minutes south, you can start finding gravel and dirt roads pretty quick towards Grandview I think. MacDaddy and Jarrett have been having lots of fun on them recently.

I'll happily show you all I know between Midlothian, Italy, Itasca, Rio Vista, Glen Rose, Meridian, Granfils Gap, Clifton and Valley Mills...but you have to tell me about all the secret places in Missouri and Arkansas. :rider:

BTW, welcome.

Thanks for the feedback guys! MacDaddy, I spent all 4 years hunting in northwest Arkansas. Sure miss the hills and backroads there, I'm kicking myself for not buying a dual sport four years ago. I would absolutely take you up on showing me all the dirt/gravel you can find around here. As I said earlier, I will be avoiding highly populated roads and highways for quite a while as I'm a brand new rider.

Pacman, looking forward to meeting a local here in the same town. Let me know any time you're looking for a plus one.

Excited to have found a solid riding community here.

-Andrew

I'm not sure where you guys go on your trips to Arkansas, but if you haven't spent much time in Northwest Arkansas you have missed the gem of the state. White Rock WMA and the Ozark National Forest offer weeks worth of riding through incredible scenery. All gravel roads with some dirt and creek crossings. Also, if you're looking to hit the slab you'll find nothing better than those twisty asphalt roads. I'm sure you guys are well aware of the "Pig Trail" up there. Be sure to spend a few days fishing and possibly floating the Mulberry river, it's unbelievable.

I must say, if you're a duck hunter, don't waste your time in this part of the state. We struggled weekend after weekend for four years.

-Andrew

As I said earlier, I will be avoiding highly populated roads and highways for quite a while as I'm a brand new rider.

Its good you mentioned that new rider thing. Both Pacman and MacDaddy are pretty quick. But since you mentioned it, they'll both take it at a more beginner pace.

You'll want to go to Roll The Bones in October. A good way to meet some people for sure.

Welcome. When you have a long weekend, strap a bag on the back and head down to Austin and the Hill Country begins just west of town.

Back