• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arkansas ADV Ride Aug 24-26

I'm going to try and make this one, sounds like fun! I'll bring, or ride, my Honda A.T. Looks like the roads will be ok for street tires.? I'll also have to check in to Arrowhead.

:clap::rider:

I don't currently have a gps, someone that is going, be sure and load the tracks you want to ride!!!!

Committee, I have my area memorized and it blends with route Tony gave us. But following with a GPS with route is cleaner, less wasted effort. But heck just look for rocky forest service roads.

I have a GPS and can get it programmed, but I don't know if you want the slow guy leading :)

I figured I'd just follow the bike in front that seems to know where they are going...

I think MacDaddy and Woodsguy know the area and will find themselves leading a bit... no pressure....but just guessing that's how it will unfold.

I found this looking around today:

6cbf7b7ae133506152998dfc3584c032_CrystalSpringsMotorcyclingRideMap.png

Wondering if its similar to this:
ark.jpg

Looks to be close:

https://www.arkansas.com/motorcycle-tours/crystal-springs

8/375 south out of Mena is a great 50/50 road. Brilliant paved, winding road at first and turns into maintained dirt after a few miles.

There are some ATV trails that we took for a short ways, but became very steep and rocky ... not good with Metzler Tourance tires. So we shagged it back to the road for more meandering.

2017_ArkTrip_Mar_02-X2.jpg

Then we found this little slice of pie ...

2017_ArkTrip_Mar_03-X2.jpg

This was on some unknown county road east of Mena and south of 88. My buddy is telling me his phone says he owes his service provider 4 bars. :eek2:

Sometimes I miss my old GS ...

You boys have fun!

I am tentatively going to attend. Will be on S10 or AT.

Have any of you booked cabins or rooms in town yet?

Last edited:

I'm staying at Arrowhead campground and already have my cabin.

How do you pick which bike to bring?

I've got a room at:
Caddo River Motel
Check in: Friday, 8/24
Check out: Sunday, 8/26

Although, I thought someone said to stay in the other motel in town. I haven't switched yet.

How do you pick which bike to bring?

I've got a room at:
Caddo River Motel
Check in: Friday, 8/24
Check out: Sunday, 8/26

Although, I thought someone said to stay in the other motel in town. I haven't switched yet.
[ame="https://youtu.be/uDjOeb7xEy4"]Eeney Meeney Miney Moe | Nursery Rhyme | Super Simple Songs - YouTube[/ame]

Time is getting closer!! I'm in with one fellow rider joining me on his 690. (Glenn)

A bit over 2 weeks. Can't wait.

Kevin.... do we need to reserve a camping spot and if so have you done so already? I seem to remember they are first come first serve...but just thought I'd ask.

Me too, I'm pretty fired up about this ride.

Cruising through tree-lined dirt roads is pretty high on my list of fun stuff to do.

Tourmeister posted a pic a while back that made me really want to go there. I've been wanting to get up there ever since.

I'll see if I can find the pic.

Jarrett, they will be pretty much like that but I think Tourmeister's photos are from a little farther north, near Mountain Home, Allison and Fifty Six.

Jarrett, they will be pretty much like that but I think Tourmeister's photos are from a little farther north, near Mountain Home, Allison and Fifty Six.

I think you're right.

I've spent a lot of time in northern Arkansas and it's indeed pretty great. I haven't done the off road stuff up there but if anyone wants a tour guide for some spectacular pavement, I can help you out there.

However...I'm really excited to find some great riding in Southern Arkansas and it's about 3 hours closer to me and that makes it a lot easier to get to on a normal weekend. I've done the pavement in Southern Arkansas and it's ok. It's not bad...it's just way less fun than the Northern parts. But....I'm thinking the unpaved roads are looking pretty great. I'm really hoping so at least.

Back