• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SAN ANTONIO: Upcoming San Antonio Events and Chatter

Nothing Sunday have a guy I work with but he has a Honda shadow so limited to little dirt to ride but will see latter this weak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone please post a picture, tired of this nail in tire reminder representing SA ;P

6ff49d374986fa4401df5ea865f75f71.jpg

Just finished some new installs: Barkbuster hand guards, Rox risers and new cargo rack. Ready for cooler weather!

43c64b4c1169d2e7e220e031c4230936.jpg

Hey everyone,

Just posting in here so I can be aware of when you folks are doing some rides. I have been riding since 2001 with a break in there of about 5 years. I ride a BMW R1200RT and I normally ride with friends from the Ladies on Wheels club that I belong to.(this is not a MC but a group of ladies who ride together) However I feel it would be fun to get out there and ride with some other folks once and a while.

Lynn

Doing the same as above^^
I'm out of stockdale, have a 76 airhead and an xr650l that I'm trying to get going. If there are any full dirt guys i have some property that has some tractor roads and a tractor to cut more trails! Looking forward to riding again and finding some good folks to ride with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hey everyone,

Just posting in here so I can be aware of when you folks are doing some rides. I have been riding since 2001 with a break in there of about 5 years. I ride a BMW R1200RT and I normally ride with friends from the Ladies on Wheels club that I belong to.(this is not a MC but a group of ladies who ride together) However I feel it would be fun to get out there and ride with some other folks once and a while.

Lynn
all you need to do is post up a ride and see who answers. just let it cool down some!

all you need to do is post up a ride and see who answers. just let it cool down some!
It will be hot again by the time I'm on the road lol

Hoping to get a lot of riding in on my days off and get back to throwing sparks in the corners and stay dirty. I was a corner carving knee dragged in Europe, but took the dirt over the last few years for a new challenge and lack of good paved roads in Alaska. The three twisted sisters are top priority. Will post up for any who want to join. Do not be intimidated, I am also an MSF instructor so will never discourage any rider. It is all about fun on two wheels.

Bradley Nelson

Hoping to get a lot of riding in on my days off and get back to throwing sparks in the corners and stay dirty. I was a corner carving knee dragged in Europe, but took the dirt over the last few years for a new challenge and lack of good paved roads in Alaska. The three twisted sisters are top priority. Will post up for any who want to join. Do not be intimidated, I am also an MSF instructor so will never discourage any rider. It is all about fun on two wheels.

Bradley Nelson

Are you originally from Europe or just rode over there?

Even though they are close for us, twisted sisters I haven't made yet, so I hope it's on a Sunday or holiday since my boss thinks we have a six day work week. Would love to tag along.
Might require some pace adjusting as I'm not sure where mine or my bike's limits are and ride accordingly, unless I know the road inside out and I don't think I reached that on any roads outside SA.

Nice activity suddenly overall, with a R12RT in the mix we might see more road than dirt rides? Looking forward to that.

don't know what the weather report for Saturday is, but anyone want to meet at the EXXON in Helotes (hwy 16 across from new Burger King Shell station)for a three sisters ride? all pavement.
that will be 09/ 08/2018
KSU at 0900

Morfic, I was stationed in Heidelberg for three years. Bought Katana 750 for Hockenheimring and had blast. I didn’t want hurt my then new Sprint ST 1050.

Hey everyone,

Lynn

Lynn , Not sure if you know Gina from Kerrville. We all ride once a month generally out of Bandera area. These are a combination of on / off pavement and percentage can vary from month to month. Just be prepared for both with stream crossings. Big bike friendly with its moments.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118286

Doing the same as above^^
I'm out of stockdale, have a 76 airhead and an xr650l that I'm trying to get going. If there are any full dirt guys i have some property that has some tractor roads and a tractor to cut more trails! Looking forward to riding again and finding some good folks to ride with.

How many acres? We have a local club that leases ranch near Floresville, always looking for new riding opportunities. We have helped other properties cut trails (Hidden Falls) in exchange for riding considerations. Next meeting is 09/11.
http://www.clubdbsa.org/

Morfic, I was stationed in Heidelberg for three years. Bought Katana 750 for Hockenheimring and had blast. I didn’t want hurt my then new Sprint ST 1050.

Cool, even made it to a good track there, can't say I even got close, then again, what's a XT500 gonna do on a track like that ;)

How many acres? We have a local club that leases ranch near Floresville, always looking for new riding opportunities. We have helped other properties cut trails (Hidden Falls) in exchange for riding considerations. Next meeting is 09/11.
http://www.clubdbsa.org/
325. I've heard of yall, I'm the easy sell. My father is the harder one. If I had a dirt bike, the trails would already be cut. I need to get my xr650l going again. I would not be opposed to holding ride days.

Cool, even made it to a good track there, can't say I even got close, then again, what's a XT500 gonna do on a track like that ;)

Xt500?! That is my dream bike

Xt500?! That is my dream bike

Had a '79 model with steel tank (not one of those ugly aluminum ones), rode my brother in-law's '78 prior to that.
Left it in Germany with a heavy heart. (Begin of a 20 year bikeless stretch)
Told my brother in-law he can sell it.
Apparently new owner killed it in a ditch a few years later.
There wasn't really anything I didn't do on the bike. Ran an amazing 4L/100km

New bike I need a drunk uncle to take care of a lot of things, oil changes is probably all I'll service on the F7GS myself.

don't know what the weather report for Saturday is, but anyone want to meet at the EXXON in Helotes (hwy 16 across from new Burger King Shell station)for a three sisters ride? all pavement.
that will be 09/ 08/2018
KSU at 0900
weather ain't gonna cooperate so no option but to cancel ride.

weather ain't gonna cooperate so no option but to cancel ride.

Looks like the good weather isn't back until after next weekend now (looked like next weekend might fly when I checked earlier this week)

Morfic, no problem. F700GS is in the family as well. This is the 17 I bought my wife last year. Start work Wednesday and super excited to wrench year round. Well unfortunately the upload from my phone failed twice. I will just have to show you when you come by the shop. Have a great day.

Everywhere but my ranch. Got rained o. In floresville while working, Rained on in San Antone. Send it my way guys.

Back