• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

And Just Like That...

Man, all you hip internet savvy dudes wear my googling fingers out. Mitch, we both know we both hire out the heavy lifting. That, my friend, is why I have a beer fridge. Breakfast ride tomorrow if the weather is nice?

No can do, my friend.
Prior engagement.

But I'm free ... well, reasonable ... all afternoon to watch you fix all you tore up on Mary's motorcycle.

Last edited:
Well, I realized it needs about 12 hours of dry sun to get all my exit area fairly dry so I will just work in the shop tomorrow. Sorry Mary.

You have not one but two DRZ's. You can get out and ride.

It is a mud at the shop issue. Mostly. I guess I could ride the S out of there pretty easily, but I am lazy too. I have a lot of work to do on the Fizzer. It will all work out. I never actually lack a bike to ride. We get our road rebuilt at the end of the month (something else going on then, can't recall) and it will all be better I'd think.

So, you'll be riding the S while the road is rebuilt? :D

Slip one of the guys a fiver to continue that road right up to your shop. :D

Part of the plan is to fix it up to the shop so I can just have a nice entrance/exit without the mud. Just waiting for the weather and the guy to get together. I have 7 days of work left. I think all the work I plan to do is done. Just waiting to wake up retired. Should be some kind of great day that one.

Just one word ... nap.

Well, a big thanks to Mitch, once again. He came over and finished up all the stuff on the FZ. We put a stock tail light and rear signal lights. I had put in an electronic flasher. Finished cleaning the sprocket area. Installed chain and sprockets, new tires. All around a lot of fun. Now I should make the ride to eat weather permitting.

By the way, she goes good and my she turns very quickly. Like a new motorcycle compared to before. I think I am going to like her just fine. Now to calibrate that speedo.....

20180913_1852171.jpg

20180913_1851101.jpg

20180913_1851191.jpg

20180913_18514413.jpg

Last edited:
Doug tried to kill me, but other than that ...

But we got it back together and she's quite the looker ...

Nice, and you didn't put a gawdy gold chain on there either. Very classy.

See, I told you Mitch, gold chains are just for you old disco guys.

I forgot about the lift. The B.O.B. Handy Lift almost killed Mitch. It just suddenly dropped like two feet all without warning. Luckily the bike was tied off and the front stand mostly held. That was some heady stuff.

I tell you, that FZ is a wheelie champion right there.

Nothing says FU as good as gold ...

Looking good. Hopefully the weather cooperates with us for the ride to eat.

Curious what chain that is. Looks good. I always end up with a gold chain since I'm partial to DID chains and what I want is always only in gold, but I like this one.

It is a Vortex kit. Came with perfect length chain.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You give me way way too much credit, sir.

Mitch and I took the dirt path today, so I did some adventure riding on the FZ1. Not too bad, I'd say.

Back