• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin TARA: Monthly ride

So, I'm trying to generate some interest for this ride among the various Facebook groups i'm in. Would there be an issue with creating a FB Event, with the information about the ride and a link to here? I don't want to step on any toes.

No problem whatsoever. Share away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dont see why would that be an issue. Where is the ride to ?

The October group ride is the James River ride. Its a personal favorite, and a great introduction to adventure riding for the newbie on a medium to large bike.
I'll of course be on the DRZ chasing Richard :)

Yea that is a fun ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The October group ride is the James River ride. Its a personal favorite, and a great introduction to adventure riding for the newbie on a medium to large bike.
I'll of course be on the DRZ chasing Richard :)

Count me in :rider:

Riders,

the 1st Saturday ride is this week.

And this month's ride is particularly noteworthy because we are riding across the mighty James River. See the first post in this thread for more details and to download the GPS tracks.

This is a great ride. I'm in. Will meet the group at 1323.

Is there a go around? I'm not sure my tires are qualified for this one. Plus with all the rain, I bet it's pretty deep now.

OR, WITH A FLUX CAPACITOR AND 88MPH YOU CAN TRAVEL TO A TIME WHEN IT IS DRY AND THEN CROSS IT.

Hee hee ha ha!

I don't wanna cross it, and it has nuttin to do with my tires. Lol

Dualsportvet, there is a detour.

With the weather finally cooling off I'm planning on this ride.

Has anyone got a detailed GPX of the route? The GPX link at the beginning of this forum item does not work, and a GPX That I have from Richard G. (Ride 7) just doesn't seem to have enough points.

Pablo
( atop an elderly '96 GS BMW )

With the weather finally cooling off I'm planning on this ride.

Has anyone got a detailed GPX of the route? The GPX link at the beginning of this forum item does not work, and a GPX That I have from Richard G. (Ride 7) just doesn't seem to have enough points.

Pablo

Go here http://www.txadvriders.org/austin-monthly-events/

almost to the bottom the link works I just used it.

Aaron

Pablo

Hmmm...I'm not sure why the link in the first post wasn't working but I have fixed it now. It will take you to the TXADVRiders webpage where you can find the link to the gpx files. My apologies for the issue.

Thanks. That worked.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hee hee ha ha!

I don't wanna cross it, and it has nuttin to do with my tires. Lol

Dualsportvet, there is a detour.

I’ll prefer to go around instead. I’ll join Gina. Also, A friend want to go too but not the river crossing.

I’ll prefer to go around instead. I’ll join Gina. Also, A friend want to go too but not the river crossing.

You're going to have to get that new bike wet eventually, Elio :)

This ride would be mucho fun but I'm not gunna make it.

Just got water and power hooked up to the Riveteer. I'm psyched to get some work done out there.

Y'all have fun!

Back