• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roll The Bones ADV Rally IX, October 26-28, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those asking about gas. These are the mileages for Aaron's 3 stage route. I don't know if this is up on the website yet. All of these roads are all weather I believe, with the exception of Macabee. The majority of miles are caliche.

Mileage to Gas Total trip miles is 298

Stage 1 Possum Hollow to Albany total 168 miles
GAS available in
Graham 18 miles
Jacksboro 55 miles
Newcastle 100 miles
Albany 168 miles

Stage 2 Albany to Caddo (80 miles ) and Stage 3 Caddo to Possum Hollow ( 50 Miles ) is a total of 130 miles. The closest gas is Breckenridge

Stage 2 @ about 40 miles when you intersect Hwy 183 go north on 183 about 10 miles to Breckenridge.

From Caddo to Breckenridge is 14 miles west on Hwy 180

Stage 3 Caddo to Possum Hollow 50 miles
Bass Hollow just before Possum Hollow I do not know if it is 24 hr card service????

detour into Graham then it is 18 miles back to Possum Hollow.

This does not include mileage trying to get through the mud on Macabee Road

How does this typically work?

Unofficial rides on Friday, breakfast on Saturday, official rides on Saturday, get together Saturday night. Is that right? Anything on Sunday?

Trying to figure out when to be there and all.

There is nothing official at RTB!

I should probably mention, along the route there could be any number of potential things to keep a look out for. There’s all kinds of animals & potential obstacles around here that you DO NOT wanna interact with on the bike.

hogs, deer, possum, cows, horses, dogs, cats, coons, etc.

pickups, trucks, water haulers, oil tankers, farmers on tractors, ranchers pulling trailers, & spaced out meth cooks.

There’s loose gravel in some corners, do not take corners too fast.

Keep it at a moderate pace, let’s all make it back to Possum Hollow with everyone & their bikes in 1 piece. This isn’t a sprint, more of a marathon.

As Heddy Lamar said “Now go do that voodoo that you do so well!”

Question regarding the posted routes:

On the official RTB site it says they are available now but you have to get permission to gain access. I asked to be accepted via my Gmail account.

Does the webmaster now need to grant me access? Haven't heard back yet. I'm not familiar with this process.

Thanks!

I practiced yesterday at the lbj grasslands in the rain....getting ready for the 2018 RTB

6acf1831fc2450d4540fe49336237905.jpg

I also practiced my camping skills [emoji4]

88d6a42685144270762f0c94d4497910.jpg

And my bon fire and movie watching skills

6e0bbcee02949b8021ea9971ba4f38b6.jpg

A small group of us from the metroplex are meeting Friday 1pm at the QT , precinct line and 183 in Hurst to make our pilgrimage to Possom Hollow. If you are in the area you are welcome to join.

Last edited:
So which of the routes is which? The files don't have lables for dirty raid, rally raid, etc.

And why are the same routes repeated when I bring it up in Basecamp? It shows them with a motorcycle icon and then a footprints icon. I'm a GPS noob so be gentle.

Last edited:
So which of the routes is which? The files don't have lables for dirty raid, rally raid, etc.

And why are the same routes repeated when I bring it up in Basecamp? It shows them with a motorcycle icon and then a footprints icon. I'm a GPS noob so be gentle.

The ones with the MC icon are routes, the footprints are tracks. Some people would rather have a track (series of points) to follow and others want turn by turn prompts which a route provides.

There is one Paved route. There are three stages of the rally raid, with one variation of stage 1 that has more dirt.

So misterk, you rode the bike all day, set up camp, & then watch movies about riding bikes & camping?

That pretty much sums it up! I did cook red beans, rice and sausage for dinner!

Doesn’t practice make perfect? @simmons1 accused me of only riding dirt roads on the twin my goldwing could handle[emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I practiced yesterday at the lbj grasslands in the rain....getting ready for the 2018 RTB

6acf1831fc2450d4540fe49336237905.jpg

I also practiced my camping skills [emoji4]

88d6a42685144270762f0c94d4497910.jpg

And my bon fire and movie watching skills

6e0bbcee02949b8021ea9971ba4f38b6.jpg

A small group of us from the metroplex are meeting Friday 1pm at the QT , precinct line and 183 in Hurst to make our pilgrimage to Possom Hollow. If you are in the area you are welcome to join.

Steve, Roxie and uhummm even my wife are possibly going to join us next weekend. She wants to meet the crazy guy I’m gonna spend 2 weeks in Alaska with next Summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve, Roxie and uhummm even my wife are possibly going to join us next weekend. She wants to meet the crazy guy I’m gonna spend 2 weeks in Alaska with next Summer.

welp....there goes the Alaska trip. Once your wife meets me there is no way she will give you a hall pass for two weeks :)

01e3846cf8d47eb8072236015eb0b817.jpg
this has been our campfire for the last month or so. No muss or fuss with coals or ashes. Now that she has read your post she wants to meet you even more. What’s the chances that your wife might be able to show up? They could go out Saturday and find some farmers market or junk sale to spend time at while we are riding.

01e3846cf8d47eb8072236015eb0b817.jpg
this has been our campfire for the last month or so. No muss or fuss with coals or ashes. Now that she has read your post she wants to meet you even more. What’s the chances that your wife might be able to show up? They could go out Saturday and find some farmers market or junk sale to spend time at while we are riding.

0% lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry been off the net...caught a nasty stomach virus. Anyone NOT have the routes yet? You should be able to access from the Website RTB site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back