• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roll The Bones ADV Rally IX, October 26-28, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rally Raid it broken up into 3 stages/sections. The first stage has a dirtier variation. The paved raid is just one route.

I am GPS illiterate. When I roll in Friday night 7 to 8 pm will someone that night or the next morning be able to load up the Dirty Raid on my Zumo 550?

How's the rain out there? Soaking us here and lasting til the morning they are saying.

Anybody bring guitars to this thing?

It’s about done rainin here. All the roads should be plenty dry enough Friday afternoon.

Exceptin’ Macabee Rd of course, might be a little fresh mud there. I wonder if we have anyone comin Friday that is man enough to ride it & give us a report? Cuz I certainly ain’t. Red sticky mud is my kryptonite.

There’s gonna be some great new video from Macabee this year........

@ghostrider1964 - I'm gonna have to withdraw from this party. But please keep my money for the cause and all the hard work y'all do! Should be there next year!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I thought I would make a note about vittles for the weekend. I like to plan ahead to eat, that way I don’t miss my feeding.

Friday lunch- 1:00 in Graham at Burgers N Billiards. Ride to follow.

Friday supper- 6:30 dinner & drinks at Possum Hollow

Saturday breakie- 7am buffett provided at Possum Hollow

Saturday lunch- there’s not many places to eat on our route. I’m aiming for lunch in Albany at Los Cazadores 233 N Main St, about 1:00 I figure. This will be a good point for everyone to meet mid day, lunch, reorganize groups & fuel up.

Saturday supper- Drinks & dinner buffet provided at Possum Hollow

Sunday breakie- 8am at Possum Hollow & ride for home

It’s about done rainin here. All the roads should be plenty dry enough Friday afternoon.

Exceptin’ Macabee Rd of course, might be a little fresh mud there. I wonder if we have anyone comin Friday that is man enough to ride it & give us a report? Cuz I certainly ain’t. Red sticky mud is my kryptonite.

There’s gonna be some great new video from Macabee this year........

With all this talk of Macabee being nasty, this will be Aaron Friday morning.

4810845-man-watering-the-dirt-in-the-road-prior-to-grading-and-compacting.jpg

For those who can get away early Friday, we will meet in Graham at the Burgers N Billiards for lunch at 1:00, followed by some afternoon riding. We may need a few test monkeys to make a run down Macabee & report conditions.

I'll try to join you all. Not sure if I'm up for testing muddy paths though.

I wish I could make this one. I'd go ride Macabee Rd road for y'all ! ! ! With the wedding and my 1090R still in pieces, I just don't have enough time this year to make this RTB. :argh:
This will be the first RTB that I have missed !

I'm still in Austin. Thought I'd get away today, but still haven't packed and my route shows about 4 hours up there. So I'll head out in the morning. Barring too many photo stops, I'll be there around lunch time.

The rain has stopped and roads should be perfect. Sunshine mid 70's Friday, low 80's Saturday and high 70's Sunday.

Any one looking for places to stop and do a bit of looky look, there is a living history event Saturday at Fort Belknap. It is open to the public starting at 9:00 am. and closing at 5:00 pm. It is not big doings, but according to the paper will have demonstrations blacksmith, spinning, weaving, candle making etc. It is free, no admission charge. My neighbor builds flintlock rifles and pistols and will have some there on display.

I am ready for some 2 wheeled fun and fellowship good peeps good grub good riding .every thing is filled fuel air water bikes dogs wife WHOO OOH :rider::rider:.LETS RIDE tony d

Not an alarmist, just a word of caution ...

I just received a weather channel alert of a flood warning at South Bend, SSW of Graham. The Brazos is a foot above flood stage and expected to crest midday tomorrow.

Be careful out there, fellers.

No first-hand information, just passing along the info I received.

Great reminder! I dont know how many water crossings there are for this ride but rest assured they wont be "low"! May need to alter some routes.

Any one looking for places to stop and do a bit of looky look, there is a living history event Saturday at Fort Belknap. It is open to the public starting at 9:00 am. and closing at 5:00 pm. It is not big doings, but according to the paper will have demonstrations blacksmith, spinning, weaving, candle making etc. It is free, no admission charge. My neighbor builds flintlock rifles and pistols and will have some there on display.

Dang it ! ! ! Now I'm really irritated that I'm missing this one ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back