• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I forgot one other pro, emergency situations.

I did an advanced class a few months back and in the class, they put you in some emergency situations. Like one was doing a full emergency stop from 30mph, then accelerating away while weaving around cones.

This was in response to a situation where someone stops abruptly in front of you and you have to brake, then notice the car behind you isn't stopping and that you need to get out of the way quickly. Or maybe just to clear the road to be safe.

On my DCT bike, it was easy for a newbie. Just jam on the brakes, ABS handles the stop, put a foot down, then hit the throttle and weave around the cones. No big deal.

But the other riders on clutch bikes that had been riding 20+ years really struggled with it. They would get the stop fine, but then panic when it was time to quickly downshift to first, let off the clutch quickly and give it throttle fast while weaving.

Interesting. On my beginners class we were taught to stomp on the clutch as well to lower gears during emergency breaking. Hitting 30mph on 2nd gear was no big deal so I was usually set @ 1st by the time I was stopped. It's also not hard to start on 2nd gear (on some bikes I guess?).

I can see how it can get complicated if you're emergency breaking on 6th vs a DCT, though.

Maybe its easier than they were making it look, I dunno. I haven't tried it on my clutch bikes.

I suspect many will be trying it this weekend :)

Hope you make it to RTB. Need some more newbie support there this weekend.

Watch the Geritol crew as getting all four limbs and the brain to work at the same time may be interesting to watch, us old folk always forgetting something.

Aaron

Heard of them, considered putting one in the KLR, but didn't. Got quoted $800-850 for the whole install by Munn Racing in Elm Mott.

The little I know of it, it sounds like its the same as DCT in first gear, then standard manual shifting after that. Also can retain clutch function in first gear if wanted. Don't have that in DCT. Seems like a cool concept.

I read that some KTM bikes have quick shifting up and down, that coupled with a Rekluse clutch might be really cool.

Is sure there are some capable members with tools close to you to do the install. It just turns the bike into a semi auto.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New bike? Pictures, awesome. Lol

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Pretty sweet, take it easy.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Sweet, put a Russell day long seat like Joe and you have the best sport tourer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, not sure how you go from a KLR to a VFR but that is a super nice bike. Dtc?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Nothing rides like a V4. Be safe

I will say a VFR800 is on my list of bikes one day. That single sided swing arm and twin exhaust is very attractive for sure.

I will say a VFR800 is on my list of bikes one day. That single sided swing arm and twin exhaust is very attractive for sure.

Ditto.

Then I remember the roads I like to ride and the people I ride with and realize what a horrible choice it would be.

It's certainly a different sound/feel than my twins.
I've scared the crap out of my self on a few

X2 or a vfr750 or a vfr400

Back