• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekly Joe Fink Memorial BBQ lunch

Yeah, I have stopped in there several times for lunch while out riding. I really like their chopped beef sandwiches.

Well, I had hoped to make it as I really like Mallett Bro BBQ, but I had to come into work early to cover for a person that is out of the office. It sure is a pretty day. It would have been HARD to make myself ride back to work after lunch... :sun:

Well, I had hoped to make it as I really like Mallett Bro BBQ, but I had to come into work early to cover for a person that is out of the office. It sure is a pretty day. It would have been HARD to make myself ride back to work after lunch... :sun:

Missed a good meal and great weather! Had 7 guys today!

Weather looks decent for this time of year. C&J bbq in College Station? 11 Friday or if someone prefers somewhere else I'm game.

I am counting on you Rob, your forecast has got to be better than my chosen meteorologist. I told my wife about the '0' forecast for precipitation yesterday and she said that after I left on the bike yesterday, they changed it to 80% ... LOL.

I am counting on you Rob, your forecast has got to be better than my chosen meteorologist. I told my wife about the '0' forecast for precipitation yesterday and she said that after I left on the bike yesterday, they changed it to 80% ... LOL.

hopefully

Attachments

• 7_day.jpg
    7_day.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 181
Wow... that is just about perfect!

I might have to impose on Dad to let me come in a bit later to work than normal lest I go nuts... He LOVES their ribs. Maybe if I offer to bring back a few for him he will relent :-P

I'm telling ya... it was HARD going back to work after lunch today!! :twitch: It was such a pretty day. The dirt roads were great, with only a few nasty spots. I could have ridden all day. :sun:

As always, the food at C&Js was great. Dad enjoyed the ribs I brought back for him.

You guys may have heard me mention that I had to change the brake pads on my wifes car. This information came from the Honda dealer from Clear Lake when my wife took it in to have the oil changed. When we bought the car we bought a lifetime oil change. This dealership takes advantage of people, especially women, who don't have the resources or the knowledge to check for themselves. Here's what I found:

Comparison of the current pad (top) to the new pads (lower). There is at least 50% left on the pad.
-5Vrr9h4QriM9vZDCjN6RcpVvOwlV0JxoCdEGCPC6tWeUjnofIfNgGmOlkVgwk6YZOlslauM7uplmaKhQ-Q=w477-h636-no.jpg

I also realize you really don't want the pad to go all the way to the wear indicator, but it is a long way from being there:
Aq4CO2M6VNXQAWlv5QQMfahqV6JmKEfx6GKEEU7DI_et8E5IMTF4VNkcYTAQFBfB9vCO3jcLqJP4ZP2v88w=w477-h636-no.jpg

The dealership charges over $250 to change the pads. I bought these Wagner pads for $45 and it is a very easy job to change them. This wasn't the first time they tried to get us. My daughter also took her car in for an oil change and they wanted to charge her $250 to change the rotors and another $250 for pads because they were ruined. When I went in, the story changed, they covered it under warranty, but only because "they were good guys!"

You may not be able to tell, but I am a little PO'ed right now! Thanks for letting me vent!

Last edited:
That suks. At least they didn't make the money.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

7 of us enjoyed the weather and bbq.
e99fa646a1428ebe013b9dea88106b96.jpg
61ed31f5d65d733117ee3674234cfe1d.jpg
af0635d0467446cea1e70a6fdc69b09a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

And dealerships often wonder why people don't trust them... :roll:

Those Jiffy Lube and similar places do the same thing. You go in for an oil change and they start listing all these things that are wrong with your car. "Dude... JUST change the oil and filter... NOTHING ELSE!" And then they start in with how you are gonna crash and burn if you don't fix all the things on their list before you leave their shop :doh:

And dealerships often wonder why people don't trust them... :roll:

Those Jiffy Lube and similar places do the same thing. You go in for an oil change and they start listing all these things that are wrong with your car. "Dude... JUST change the oil and filter... NOTHING ELSE!" And then they start in with how you are gonna crash and burn if you don't fix all the things on their list before you leave their shop :doh:

I think the thing that makes me most angry is that they pick on the women. I am certain that that statement would cause my wife to go ballistic. But, let's be honest, you got a good looking service writer telling you, "oh, your car is going to go down in flames, if you don't have this repaired immediately, we wouldn't want that to happen to you!" Easy pickins. Fortunately, my wife and daughters know to come ask me about it first.

Stubbs got Michelle like that when she took her bike in for inspection. Told her the rear brake pads were almost gone. I tried to tell her that they had plenty of wear left and I could do it for less than 1/3 their price. But, she had them changed anyway.

To the other extreme, an old college friend’s wife told him her brakes were making a funny noise when she backed out of the driveway. He swapped cars with her, took hers into the Firestone shop in Clear Lake, and when the guy pulled the wheel, they found she had no pad left and was halfway through the rotor on two wheels. So, ever since, “funny noise” has been a running joke.

Any one know of a good place to eat in Mexia? Ill be riding that way on my way to Waco on Thursday and would like to stop for a bite.

Back