• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2012 Yamaha Star 250 or Virago 250 Exc Condi w/ Extras $ 2100

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Harrison
So here's the bike that I bought my daughter to learn on last year. She sat on it once or twice in the last nine months, that's about it. She's busy with college, mobile phones and friends so I get it. Anyway, I have jetted this (carbureted) bike to perfection, added a backrest and enjoyed riding it. The bike has a little over 2,000 miles. It's in almost perfect shape. I've used only Bucee's Ethanol free fuel in it. BUT, I have three bikes in the garage and one of them has to go. This is a fun little bike and will cruise at 70 mph pretty easily, though there's not much left. It would be a great learner for a short person, or a nice light ride for a significant other. It is VERY low and VERY light. It's a lot of fun, actually and I'll miss it if it sells. I'm in the Richmond, TX area and this bike is on Craigslist for $ 200 more than the asking price here. Check it out. Email me if interested. $ 2100.

Txagharrison@Yahoo.com

Attachments

• Yamaha 1.jpg
    Yamaha 1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Yamaha 2.jpg
    Yamaha 2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 175
  • Yamaha 3.jpg
    Yamaha 3.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 176
  • Yamaha 4.jpg
    Yamaha 4.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 168
My wife started on a Virgao 250. It was a great starter bike because it was very lightweight, had a low seat height, and was not intimidating to her. I'd be reluctant to take it through downtown Houston on any of the freeways, but it was perfect for cruising down FMs and enjoying the countryside, which is exactly what we did with hers. It would run 70-75mph, but like you said, it pretty much ran out of steam at that point.

It should be familiar to Mr. RTL who added most of the well - mounted accessories when the bike was his wife's learning tool. He was a great seller and a great guy. Garage full of bikes with the family into it. Although my daughter never really got into motorcycling, it's my son who has taken my old V-Strom around the country for a 6,000 mile journey through the NW US. Like Tourmaster says, no better way to start motorcycling than on a well sorted Yamaha 250 Cruiser.

By the way, I'd be reluctant to take ANY bike through downtown Houston on a freeway these days!

By the way, I'd be reluctant to take ANY bike through downtown Houston on a freeway these days!

Good point! I don't even like riding my 1200 GS in heavy free way traffic. Too many idiots paying attention to everything BUT driving!! :doh: It wasn't as bad when I had my 1150 GS. That bike was big and funky and tended to make people do double takes when they saw it :lol2:

Jim,

The backrest is a great addition to a wonderful little bike.

Re: 2012 Yamaha Star 250 or Virago 250 Exc Condi w/ Extras $ 2100 - SOLD

Bike is sold from Craigslist - nice folks.

Thanks.

Back