• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie run XI:Isaacks Junction 11/17/18

Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
HEADS UP THIS IS A EARLY RUN TO CLEAR TURKEY DAY
November pie run for 2018

Where?
Isaack Restaurant
1606 Main street
Junction, TX

Map:
https://goo.gl/maps/eo3U9jibrZw

When:
November 17th 2018 @ 11:00am

IN:
beefsalad +1
jmdaniel +2

probably"
Bagwell
FCBH

maybe:
WoodButcher

Last edited:
I am probable too. It will be another dual-sport weekend. I might try to bring JeffS and others if they are not too busy riding all over Big Bend.

:rider:

RB

...western fringe of the THC @ 39 degrees in the early morning may scare off some folks. Shorter daylight hours plus the peak of rut season.

Silver Bullet just mailed me his spare fur lined riding thong. If it arrives in time, I may just do the paved stuff.

James River crossing in the upper thirties is not desirable.

:trust:

RB

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_WbIcB3THY"]James River[/ame]

Pencil me in, plus a friend and his wife. The F6B needs to get out of the garage...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Weather looks to be good. Watch the deer. I was out that way last weekend and when the wind was down and the skies were gray, they were all over. Windy and bright keeps them down.

Of course!

19733bb542fe10bf6cca2d50eb4c4220.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, Junction, Pop. 2,574. It's where the Texas Hill Country overlaps the rugged beginnings of West Texas. Where the North and South Llano Rivers meet, giving the town its name. Northwest of Kerrville, right up Interstate 10. Junction is also a favorite place to get the best of Texas Hill Country dual-sporting.

Today's riding was comprised of less than 450 mile loop to Junction via mainly high speed highways. With temperatures in the 40s for the first half of the morning, it was good to test out my Hippo Hands. They were amazing in keeping my hands warm with just light gloves. With speeds above 80 mph, the front of the bike became vague due to the increased surface area, so a little added bit of preload seemed to help,

It was good meeting all new folks. The weather was superb in the afternoon with highs in the 70s.

One of Junction's longtime, best-known residents is a petite, perky, hardworking redhead named Helen Wallace. Helen @ 74, has worked as a waitress at Isaack Restaurant in Junction for most of the past 50 years. She moved to town from East Texas in 1965. She is truly a kind, gentle soul.

The chap from Houston (sorry I forgot the screen name) rode his yellow VFR.

i-zRxFdZz-M.jpg

The dynamic Gold Wing duo from Austin ordering possum belly soup

i-72JMQwq-M.jpg

Isaack Restaurant still has the original neon sign that went up when it opened 67 years ago. The sign got a makeover a few years back.

The menu is packed with a mix of dishes, including enchiladas, tacos and fajitas, plus sandwiches, salads, seafood and chicken fried steak. Breakfast is served all day starting at 6 a.m. The food quality is excellent.

i-PJ69s5K-M.jpg

Last edited:
Back