• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Ride to Fort Concho - Dec 7/8

Good to have ya! I hope your not expecting us to be a buncha rocket surgeons.

You don’t have to spend much time on this forum to learn two things: were above average intelligence for the internet, and the internet is a pretty low intelligence zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I practiced my camping skills last night at black creek lake by Decatur.

86b92f800a8bf88e33ec8ff8a35d223f.jpg

And my movie watching skills, I downloaded 4 episodes of damnation on Netflix

8336932170993586d3a884bd9f8fc586.jpg

Storm blew in, lightning in back ground

6e0ae7f112633a4601cdc8ad745979b3.jpg

After the storm

94a1e04f4bdd7fe7a76edb3e5a2a5731.jpg

I think I’m ready :)

I practiced my camping skills last night at black creek lake by Decatur.

Dang dude should have given me a shout I would have joined you. I'm guessing your set up was a good one. Some of that storm was way heavy.
I even told the wife that I should have been out camping.

Dang dude should have given me a shout I would have joined you. I'm guessing your set up was a good one. Some of that storm was way heavy.

I even told the wife that I should have been out camping.

Hey Gordo, it was a last minute decision. I will post up next time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m still in if Aaron is still in.....:)
Friday is looking pretty miserable rain wise.

San Angelo forecast

8342c7b33de18c05fea758a2b5dfcb12.jpg

The forecast for up here is even colder & rainier. I was hopin they were wrong. Maybe wait til Wednesday or so for a final determination, but it ain’t lookin good at all.

The forecast for up here is even colder & rainier. I was hopin they were wrong. Maybe wait til Wednesday or so for a final determination, but it ain’t lookin good at all.

90% rain and 33° temp. But that’s a while away. Maybe it will get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now you're making the rest of us seem like weenies. :lol2::rofl:

I've ridden in the rain and snow, but never actually left the house while its doing those things...

LOL
Let’s do this y’all . I don’t think it’s constant rain going down. I’m staying till Sunday. :sun:

I've ridden in the rain and snow, but never actually left the house while its doing those things...

I try not to, unless it is a scheduled motorcycle vacation. Then I just have to suck it up, put on the appropriate gear and ride ! ! ! :rider:
This ain't one of those trips !

Last edited:
Rain has increased from 1” up to 2”, winds from n 15-20mph, high in the 40’s.......hmmmmm

58e6c7cfb69e29af1fe660ff228b8a00.jpg

Rain has increased from 1” up to 2”, winds from n 15-20mph, high in the 40’s.......hmmmmm

Be sure to hang that hammock at least 4" above the ground so the wind generated waves don't get the bottom of it wet. :trust:

I try not to, unless it is a scheduled motorcycle vacation. Then I just have to suck it up, put on the appropriate gear and ride ! ! ! :rider:
This ain't one of those trips !

True dat! This might be a better weekend for some other sort of recreation. :-(

I’m throwin in the towel.

Let’s re-schedule for Spring.
:giveup: I'm out... would be a fun trip I think but not weather wise. Rain, cold, wind chill don't add much to the fun factor.

Maybe I'll meet some of you guys at the Camping and Adventure Touring show on the 15th.

Back