• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motorcyle Camping and Adventure Touring Show

I'm going to head over there for a couple hours on Saturday. Like to see what it's about.

count me in for a small spot. Just need to get the final approval from the Sheboss. :hail:

well count me out of the camping. Sheboss has her company Christmas party that night and told me I have to take her so she can show me off. :sun:
I am still going to the show early on Saturday though.

well count me out of the camping. Sheboss has her company Christmas party that night and told me I have to take her so she can show me off. :sun:

I am still going to the show early on Saturday though.

Lol, “Trophy Husband”

I am going to learn how to camp, so I am doing the camp out Saturday night at lake dallas. I have a tent site reserved, I am willing to share............for a price[emoji41][emoji904]

Weather permitting, I'd like to take you up on that offer.

Looking good so far:

Capture.jpg

I assume you can get them at the door. I've never been though.

Can you buy tickets for this on site or do you have to order them online?

Tell them you are under age 25, you get in free:). You can buy at the door is what I am counting on!

Unless......a person bought online and can’t go and they email the ticket to the first person that responds. Wait.......that already happened[emoji12]

I've a ticket for Saturday if anyone needs it. PM your email address, I'll forward it to you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I've a ticket for Saturday if anyone needs it. PM your email address, I'll forward it to you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I knew I should have waited, i bought my ticket last night :( Thanks for offering to give it away, very nice.

I was looking at going, but after viewing the list of presenters, I don't see anyone but motor cycle dealers, a men skin care company, and car washing company. I don't see any companies that actually deal in camping supplies! Did I miss something?

Steve you camping also?

It doesn't look like it. I have to work off-duty security in Grandview at 10 am Sunday... Oh and I just looked at the weather, 36ish degrees overnight. So yeah dang it, if it wasn't for that work deal I'd be all over it. :eek2: :giveup:

It doesn't look like it. I have to work off-duty security in Grandview at 10 am Sunday... Oh and I just looked at the weather, 36ish degrees overnight. So yeah dang it, if it wasn't for that work deal I'd be all over it. :eek2: :giveup:
cant you just put up one of those police car plywood cut outs and sitck it by the road:)

I was looking at going, but after viewing the list of presenters, I don't see anyone but motor cycle dealers, a men skin care company, and car washing company. I don't see any companies that actually deal in camping supplies! Did I miss something?

No , you didn't miss anything. They need to change the name to the generic motorcycle stuff show. I was ready to leave after 3 minutes. Stayed an hour. Managed to by some rok straps and beef jerky.

No , you didn't miss anything. They need to change the name to the generic motorcycle stuff show. I was ready to leave after 3 minutes. Stayed an hour. Managed to by some rok straps and beef jerky.

That's a shame, I was hoping for better than that. Was almost going to make the drive up if folks were saying good things.
Oh well :zen:

Daughter and I attended. The show could have been better and could have been worse. A good assortment of bikes. Got to see a few from the forum here and talk a little. Always enjoy the visiting. We had a good time.

I will differ with the naysayers about this event? I made the trek from Burleson to Lewisville for the event. I had a good ride going over although it was a bit brisk, temp in the low 40's. I thought there were a lot of adventure touring bikes on display and lots of nice gear. I agree that there could have been more moto-camping stuff, but give it a chance this is only the first year. I listened in on a couple of the seminars and found them interesting. The ones I would have really been interested in were later in the day and did not want to stay that late. As far as I know this is first for anything of this sort in the area? At least for local folks other the IMS in January.

I for one am glad to see more of this type then usual swap-meet type shows with all Harley or Harley-related stuff. With awesome collection of do-rags, half helmets, all leather riding gear(not that there is anything wrong with leather).

Any way I enjoyed the event, saw and talked to some people I know that I had seen in while. The ride from Burleson to Lewisville was good, but I hit traffic several spots going home. A good day for this old man.

Last edited:
I'm with voyagerider and Texasrider59 on this one. I followed Jarrett over from Waxahachie on a cool morning along I-35. The ride went as well as interstate can through a major city and thank you to Jarrett for leading.

It was a first effort and the vendors I spoke too were enthused to be there. I watched all or parts of I think 5 presentations and enjoyed them. Lots of bikes in the parking lot but only one scooter that I saw :rofl:.

I see parallels to these type of events like that of being on a road trip. Most of the best moments come from the interactions I have with the people I see along the way. I spent the most time with Jarrett of course but I got to talk to some old racing friends, especially Bert Reynolds from KTM of N. Texas. I also got to spend time in the parking lot with Rich (Simmons1), Kevin (MisterK) and Jeff from TWT before I left.

So it wasn't the Oscars for me but I had fun. Oh, and a big shout out to Kman for paying forward my ticket into the event.

Back