• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Greetings, again. This time from Azle, Texas...

Reaction score
Good morning, all y'all.
I joined this forum back in 2006 while stationed at Fort Hood, awaiting deployment to Afghanistan (Arizona was my home since the early 1990's). I have met a lot of great folks on this forum throughout the years and enjoyed my time here.
I just recently moved to Azle (west of Fort Worth) and plan to be a Texas resident until I expire. I've worked in the Motorcycle Industry since the early 1990's and am also an Army Aviation Crew Chief, with my civilian Airframe & Powerplant certification.
Current rides are a BMW R1200RT, KLR650 and a V-Star 1100 Silverado (For Sale!). I've got a 2003 Moto Guzzi California Special Sport that needs to get back on the road and a few more hiding in the shop. I'm a Land Speed racer, running a turbocharged Hayabusa into the 225 MPH Club in 2016. I've owned over 100 motorcycles and certainly qualify for the title of "Motorcycle Addict".
My Girlfriend also rides, with a Honda Valkyrie and a Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 (also For Sale) in the shop.
I'm looking forward to meeting more of y'all and getting in some weekend rides.
All the best!
Colin (aka The Road Weazel)

Attachments

• Apache Hayabusa.jpg
    Apache Hayabusa.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 187
Welcome from stockdale

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Welcome back! :wave:

Howdy

Where do you run a bike 225 mph?

West Texas mostly... There is an event every year where one of the LONG straight highways is officially closed for speed runs. I can't remember what it is called. It is cars and bikes.

Then there are the salt flats.

Welcome. 225mph and you own a KLR, very impressive !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back! :wave:

West Texas mostly... There is an event every year where one of the LONG straight highways is officially closed for speed runs. I can't remember what it is called. It is cars and bikes.

Then there are the salt flats.

Big Bend Open Road Race

https://www.bborr.com/

US285 from Ft. Stockton to Sanderson.

Welcome to North Texas and thank you for your service. From one Rotor Head to another.

Back