• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cheeseburger Loop today......

Reaction score
Cut the stubble field section a bit short but had a great ride. First time on the loop. A lot of hunters in the national forest so I didn’t stop to smell the roses. [emoji15]

Not too muddy except for the first section north of 30. That section was fun but shaky on the 600lb GSA.

2 roads impassable due to water. CR 190 and Johnson road. If wasn’t alone I might have tried the CR 190 water. See pics.

Water over 149 getting there and also mueschke road getting back.

CR 190
d277372c011b35ff0cbc017fdc1395d1.jpg

Johnson road
a64a6af2ad6b0bc5a0aa073b63d4b5b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say theres alittle water there!

Rule #62.
Don't take yourself so serious.

It doesn't take very fast or deep water to put a bike down... Riding alone, I am usually inclined to turn around, especially if it is murky water through which you cannot see what might be lurking below..

It doesn't take very fast or deep water to put a bike down... Riding alone, I am usually inclined to turn around, especially if it is murky water through which you cannot see what might be lurking below..
This is experience talking. Me on the other hand , probably something like "hold my beer".

49022218_10218687624281218_4405610231980097536_n.jpg

48426681_10218687624681228_8028430672462872576_n.jpg

We were there Thursday, even crawfish hunting higher ground. The first picture you posted I went couple hundred yards and chickened out. Looked like the possibility of washouts, so paddled around and came back. Yes on big bikes the part on Hoke road past 30 was fun. My buddy was on an African Twin on stock tires, he did really well with them.

Bulletbob, I've done the loop tons of times but don't know all the road names just go, where is Johnson Rd?

Last edited:
Bulletbob, I've done the lop tons of times but don't know all the road names just go, where is Johnson Rd?

Going counter clockwise on the route, it just before getting back to Montgomery after turning off of 1486.

Going counter clockwise on the route, it just before getting back to Montgomery after turning off of 1486.

Must be right after you cross the tracks in Dobbin area, did you try that. I've seen it high before seems like once we rode through it wasn't bad and turned around once.

Must be right after you cross the tracks in Dobbin area, did you try that. I've seen it high before seems like once we rode through it wasn't bad and turned around once.

Map says “Dacus” at the corner. There’s a country store on the left as u turn off of 1486.

Well, did you go through it, lol! I wouldn't.

BTW, when conditions are just right I have a little more challenging ride east of New Waverly that big bikes can do. But can't be too wet or it's not really big bike friendly or doable. And when it's too dry, not fun big bikes because sand is just too deep. Let me know if you want to try it sometime. About the same length.

Back