• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie run XII: Moosehead cafe, Crockett 12-29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just drove by a few minutes ago. Only 12-15 bikes parked by he courthouse. No time to stop because we are running late...

Wife and I ended up going along with my brother. Told my son about it earlier in the week and he and his wife ended up showing up also on the Connie. Nice meeting you BADTEX. Enjoyed talking to you about the good old days of Enduro racing.

a5069018ced541ab7d38b913ee3de647.jpg
fcee1f99c7af50ac9f7e2bcc2a33fe40.jpg
14252b20fdf196b0e000efcb935e8ea2.jpg
0a42bff75661cc0699e99d24bbbf9ef2.jpg

This was the early turnout. Gained a few as the morning progressed. Good food, great location and interesting company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I saw one of the Honda 500 CBX or whatever they call the lightweight adventure bike.

The CB500X belongs to Danco302.

fullsizeoutput_1bff.jpeg

Last edited:
I think I saw one of the Honda 500 CBX or whatever they call the lightweight adventure bike.

I believe you are correct. To quote Joe when we first pulled up. “What? Did someone ride an F’ing Honda scooter...oh, no, it’s a 500 or something”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife and I ended up going along with my brother. Told my son about it earlier in the week and he and his wife ended up showing up also on the Connie. Nice meeting you BADTEX. Enjoyed talking to you about the good old days of Enduro racing.
Thanks for having me at y'alls table, it was fun talking old Enduro days!

I opted for the coconut creme. Excellent place. 50 degrees and reasonable. Three of us had to park around the side of the courthouse when we made it at 11:30. Nice turn-out. 6.5 hour round-trip for pie. We added (2) non-BMW's to the mix not shown (a Vstrom 650 and my Tiger).

Final pie run of 2018
View attachment 51116
Christmas sugar cookie pie
get the recipe HERE!

Where:
Moosehead cafe
412 E Houston Ave
Crockett, TX

When:
December 29th @ 11:00am

Map:
Moose head cafe

Web site: http://www.themooseheadcafe.com/

IN:
GSer
danco302 +1 pro
Desertgirl +1may
Abby
james.cain
jfink
Moose
BobW +2
GRU and crew
pub610
grandelatte
BigBird
woodsguy
jmn
dirtryder

Probably:
Skip Honeycutt
tabasco
jhansen
Bagwell
BigKev72
SwampFox

Maybe:
voyagerrider
onecan
BADTEX
RapidRobert
zonie

It says 28th on the schedule. If you go to "Upcoming Rides Trips and Events" and then near the top of that page "TWT Sponsored Events" at the top it will show 2019 Pie Run Schedule and that has all of the dates. There just hasnt been a proper XII Crockett Pie Run event thread started for this month yet. :)

I don't know if we'll be able to stop for lunch, but we'll be passing through and may stop for a quick visit. That is usually when we do a big family gathering just up the road in Elkhart.
They'll wait on you, Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back