• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I'd take a prayer or two if you have a minute to offer one.

Prayers mike.

I recommend renewingyourmind.org And get daily teaching via email from RC Sproul and others from legoniers Ministries. And the refnet app. The biblical growth and teaching from these sources has been a God send.

I have enjoyed RC Senior for many years, have many of his books and audio/video lectures/sermons. It was a sad day when he passed away.

My Mom has done a lot of reading about strokes, memory loss, dementia, etc,... because her Mom had a stroke that left her unable to form ANY new memories. She was good for a few minutes a most, and then it was like everything was totally new. However, she still had all of her long term memories from before the stroke. Dad's mom got Alzheimers bad... Mom's older sister started having dementia issues in her 80s (died at 88). Of all things, Coconut oil is supposed to be a big help. There are numerous books and articles about it. Mom's sister would take two tablespoons of it each morning. It made a noticeable difference. It was not hard to tell if she had missed a day. It is supposed to have other health benefits as well, for heart, digestion, blood pressure, and more.

I guess I would just say, don't give up hope. A lot of folks here are praying for you.

Of all things, Coconut oil is supposed to be a big help. There are numerous books and articles about it. Mom's sister would take two tablespoons of it each morning.

Well, Trader Joe's sells Organic Coconut oil in convenient packets for taking on the go. People doing nutritional ketosis often put coconut oil in their morning coffee because its a very healthy fat. A lot of the keto people also do intermittent fasting as well.

171a67ce9b9907bdbedb4fbdee8c8427.jpg

Last edited:
:tab Yeah, I have done a good bit of the KETO thing myself. As Fred mentioned above, I limited my daily carbs to 100g per day, which is NOT an easy thing to do. However, in doing so, I dropped 25 lbs in about 6-7 weeks without doing anything else and I have kept it off for several years now by just being very mindful of what I am eating. I generally float between 175-185 lbs. I don't really pay much attention to portion size. I just eat until I am full and stop. Those of you that have ridden with me will know that I am not a BIG eater like some folks, so it doesn't take a lot to make me feel full. Cutting carbs REALLY helps with curbing appetite, especially the "munchies" throughout the day/evening. I feel full longer. I used to have horrible acid reflux issues, especially at night. That is almost gone completely unless I binge on chips/salsa :-P I have messed with the fasting, but have not been consistent with it. If I do go "off the wagon" and start getting too many carbs I can feel it pretty quick and it isn't pretty. If the reflux starts coming back, that is a good indicator that I've been slipping and need to get back to paying attention.

:tab Yeah, I have done a good bit of the KETO thing myself. As Fred mentioned above, I limited my daily carbs to 100g per day, which is NOT an easy thing to do.

If I do go "off the wagon" and start getting too many carbs I can feel it pretty quick and it isn't pretty. If the reflux starts coming back, that is a good indicator that I've been slipping and need to get back to paying attention.

On January 1, 2013, I was over 405 lbs. and decided to make some changes. I've lost and kept off about 130 lbs. so far. Hoping to lose some more, but you know how it goes.

During that process, I learned about low carb and Keto diets. Back in 2016, I started low carb and in 2017, I switched to Keto. That reduction in carbs had a huge positive impact on my health that I didn't expect.

There are a lot of things that I feel build on top of each other. Systemic inflammation leads to metabolic syndrome which many say lead to neurological issues later in life. There are studies out there that say the sooner you reduce that systemic inflammation, the better and reducing carbs is the way to do it. That's the primary reason I eat lower carb these days. Sitting at 29 gram of net carbs for the day.

Reposting this info as it was an eye opener for me personally:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...alzheimer-s-disease-could-be-easier-you-think

On January 1, 2013, I was over 405 lbs. and decided to make some changes. I've lost and kept off about 130 lbs. so far. Hoping to lose some more, but you know how it goes.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...alzheimer-s-disease-could-be-easier-you-think

That is an interesting article and it makes some sense. It’s interesting that simple sugar is a relatively new addition to the human diet (in large quantities) and Alzheimer’s is a relatively recent disease. Are they related? Certainly seems possible or even likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is time well spent...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM"]Sugar: The Bitter Truth - YouTube[/ame]

I’m glad you Came back with an update full of good and promising news
Hard to believe you having any kind of problems with your mind or brain
Your writing is excellent plenty of vocabulary and zero gramatical errors
I’m not expert and English is my adopted
Language, but I read and listen to many audio books. And all I can say is that you have a bright and educated brain
You keep busy and we’ll keep praying.
Blessing to you and your family.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'm not sure all would agree, but the words are appreciated.

Mike,
...Eliminate all added sugar from your diet

Consume 100 grams or less of carbs per day. Your carb source would be mainly from vegetable sources. All bread and corn products are deleted from your new lifestyle.

RB

I actually reduced my sugar intake recently and I think it was after seeing Jarrett's original posting of that. I have improved a bit since then and I've lost about 20lbs. The loss is from a change in appetite as well as the sugar, but I bet most of it is the sugar. I should reduce it more, but it will be difficult.

....That is why as you mentioned in 2 Cor. 12, the apostle Paul in his weakness and imprisonment could declare, No matter what, your amazing grace is sufficient. I picked this up at Walmart I think it is newer. It so depicts faith in God and wisdom he gives us. I really enjoyed DVD

I recently watched a movie about Paul. I need to look and see if it was the same one. I also have several things cued up on Netflix that are biblical. I doubt I will ever have his strength of character even considering his early tribulations. I don't watch a great deal of anything on the TV and I use closed captioning when I do.

I actually watched the whole thing and found it quite compelling.

... I guess I would just say, don't give up hope. A lot of folks here are praying for you.

Thanks, that means a lot. I'm kinda fiercely independent and I hate asking for help, but this is bigger than me. I"ll take all the prayer I can get.

Last edited:
I actually watched the whole thing and found it quite compelling.

:tab The stuff about baby formula was a real shocker to me when I first saw it. I wish I had seen it when our kids were bottle feeding. We did breast milk for them as long as we could and tried to minimize formula anyway, but had I known what he talks about in the video, we probably would not have done any at all. There's nothing like getting them hooked at an early age! :doh:

:tab The stuff about baby formula was a real shocker to me when I first saw it. I wish I had seen it when our kids were bottle feeding. We did breast milk for them as long as we could and tried to minimize formula anyway, but had I known what he talks about in the video, we probably would not have done any at all. There's nothing like getting them hooked at an early age! :doh:

Interesting video. I was thinking the same thing about the formula.

Thanks for linking the video.

Praying for your strength and courage.

If this is a degenerative mental affliction, you have some work to do. Sit in on any "survivor's sessions" at Hospice, thumb through any issue of AARP magazine - you'll hear and see a common theme. "There were so many things we should have taken care of." This may be a really good time to employ an estate planner. Losing your soulmate is harsh but people of faith know we all "go the way of men." Being the one left behind is brutally cruel. You can minimize that for the people you care about. This is no time to procrastinate or be distracted. You have some work to do.

I have to think that prayer works. I just finished two of the best weeks I've had out of the last three or four months. The Lord knows it's not due to the great medical care I've been receiving. Even though I am not totally without issues, I felt confidant enough that I executed my original long term plan to buy a new truck. I sure hope that doesn't turn out to be a poor decision. For now I'm still very functional and I will try to live the life I planned as long as I can.

That may be a long time - or it may not be. I currently have no diagnosis and won't have for at least two months. My experience with the Medical Industrial Complex has been frustrating to say the least. Symptoms come and go, but have all been manageable for now. Your prayers have been and are appreciated, and the Lord knows I won't turn any down. Happy new year to all.

That is awesome news! It is also encouraging. I have several friends here locally that have had similar issues and they have only gotten worse, much worse... It is nice to see someone doing well. :thumb:

I have to think that prayer works. I just finished two of the best weeks I've had out of the last three or four months. The Lord knows it's not due to the great medical care I've been receiving. Even though I am not totally without issues, I felt confidant enough that I executed my original long term plan to buy a new truck. I sure hope that doesn't turn out to be a poor decision. For now I'm still very functional and I will try to live the life I planned as long as I can.

That may be a long time - or it may not be. I currently have no diagnosis and won't have for at least two months. My experience with the Medical Industrial Complex has been frustrating to say the least. Symptoms come and go, but have all been manageable for now. Your prayers have been and are appreciated, and the Lord knows I won't turn any down. Happy new year to all.

Understand. Glad to hear things are looking up for you.
We've been dealing with the mental health MIC and its problems are compounded x10. It's a system that will grind you up and spit you out, for sure. Sadly, it grinds up both the providers and the patients, I believe. Our justice system and healthcare systems may be the best in the world, but that doesn't mean they don't have lots of room for improvement.

Tell me who's better; I'm all ears.
I use Austin Regional Clinic. My Physician and I are friends when I go see him. Last time he changed my blood pressure medicine and said, if you want cutting out salt will help along with exercise. Having a good physician that you can talk with and really cares helps a lot. The clinic is good but I go because of the doctor and treats me like a person. Soooo I am not making a new years resolution, but a new years revolution. I plan to defeat my minds stronghold and bent toward salt and sugar and dislike for regular exercise. My battle plan is knowing that I am a spirit (inner man) that is possessing a soul (mind, will, emotions) that inhabits a body which is my lease to earth. I want to buffer my flesh not buffet it and not use a pill to do it, but gos-pills. Can I get off blood pressure pills that warn against kidney and liver failure? I been on them twenty years and I read between the lines of what my doctor friend was saying to me.
Americas medical system is what I have but I choose to use it to come along side God's Word and my prayers to Him (talk = prayer) and I am starting off with Proverbs 17:22 amp. A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing. But a broken spirit dries up the bones. Also this, and stop listening and watching unprofitable new. Philippians 4:8 amp. Brothers, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemingly, whatever is just whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there be anything worthy of praise , think on and weigh and take account of these things (fix your mind on them). This said, I know I can't do this in my own streangth, but Gods word says when I am weak He is strong and I can cast my cares on him because he cares and I do this through talking (prayer) in a conversation with God 1Peter 5:7. and Philippian's 4:6-7 I speak out audibly to my soul often to assure my soul that I have all His promises in the greater one that lives within me.
I use all the godly wisdom that man has and America's medical system is great but I also use the manufacturers handbook/ shop manual and talk to the one who spoke it through men to pen :-D:-D:-D.
Crew Chief God says you can do all thing through Christ which strengthens you Philippian's 4:13. I pray and believe this for you and thank you for your testimonies of how prayer is overcoming your test. God bless you sir.

Last edited:
I'm normally a kinda private person when it comes to my personal issues, and I hate asking for help, but I'm in a situation that may be bigger than me.

I don't mean to be cryptic, but the truth is I really don't know what's going on and likely won't for a week or so. I'll let you know when I do. I'm not looking for a lot of responses or calls, but if you are a prayerful person, I'd appreciate yours. Healing. clarity, focus and peace I guess is what I'm asking for.

One of the things that has really kept me engaged here is the Christian nature of many of the members here. Several of you set a fine example of being good Christian men and I can't think of people that I would rather have speaking for me.

Thanks,
Mike

Thoughts and prayers brother ?

Crew Chief, do you recall the first words you said to me? The first time I came to Burger Box, the first thing I heard was you in a loud voice saying “We don’t allow no scooters in here.” As you said this, you stood up and for a moment, I thought I had made a mistake in coming. You were actually standing up to get me a chair. I have enjoyed getting to know you and pray that you have many healthy years ahead of you. You’re my favorite person to start a Ruckus with. Whatever this illness is, keep fighting. I’ll be cheering and praying for you.

Post a picture of that new truck when you get it. I put a Leer camper shell on mine and it comes in mighty handy.

I have to think that prayer works. I just finished two of the best weeks I've had out of the last three or four months. The Lord knows it's not due to the great medical care I've been receiving. Even though I am not totally without issues, I felt confidant enough that I executed my original long term plan to buy a new truck. .

Raptor? Do it...

Crew Chief, do you recall the first words you said to me? The first time I came to Burger Box, the first thing I heard was you in a loud voice saying “We don’t allow no scooters in here.” As you said this, you stood up and for a moment, I thought I had made a mistake in coming. You were actually standing up to get me a chair. I have enjoyed getting to know you and pray that you have many healthy years ahead of you. You’re my favorite person to start a Ruckus with. Whatever this illness is, keep fighting. I’ll be cheering and praying for you.

Thank you. I don't remember that, but it sounds like me. I hope you felt welcomed, even if you do ride a scooter....and don't take me to Christmas parties.

Raptor? Do it...

To quote Simon and Garfunkel's first line from the song "The Boxer"; I am just a poor boy..... It is a lowly Lariat. The Raptor's and Platinum's poor cousin. It was at Burger Box Friday night.

Post a picture of that new truck when you get it. I put a Leer camper shell on mine and it comes in mighty handy.

Just to prove I can with the new software:

In my world this was a real extravagance. Although it was a planned purchase, I'm not certain it was the right thing to do under the circumstances. Sure enough, since I executed that deal and said I was better, I've had a couple of issues yesterday and today. Nothing too bad, but not comforting either. My cognition is not affected so that is a positive. One thing is certain, I won't be turning down any prayers anytime soon.

20181228_151128.jpg

Sweet. I love having a nice truck. I finally bought my first nice vehicle in 2014 and got a RAM 1500 crew cab. I love it. My wife really likes it as well. It is just so pleasant to drive. It is quiet inside. The stereo is awesome. It makes being in traffic less nasty. :-P I find myself looking forward just to driving to and from work everyday!

To quote Simon and Garfunkel's first line from the song "The Boxer"; I am just a poor boy..... It is a lowly Lariat. The Raptor's and Platinum's poor cousin. It was at Burger Box Friday night.

Hmmm, I missed it last Friday. Hopefully you'll ride this Friday, so I'll see you, but not it. But bring it if you're not riding.

In my world this was a real extravagance. Although it was a planned purchase, I'm not certain it was the right thing to do under the circumstances. Sure enough, since I executed that deal and said I was better, I've had a couple of issues yesterday and today. Nothing too bad, but not comforting either. My cognition is not affected so that is a positive. One thing is certain, I won't be turning down any prayers anytime soon.

We'll keep them coming (the prayers)

View attachment 47997

Just to prove I can with the new software:

Its a great looking truck. I can hear it screaming "lift me and get me 35's" from here.

I am late to the party, but I just prayed for you Crew Chief. That is scary stuff. Early in this thread, I think it was Tourmeister that said he would rather have cancer than dementia. As a cancer patient I agree with that. That sure is scary stuff.

Nice truck! I had to sell my 2014 Silverado last year since I am on unpaid sick leave, and I sure miss having a nice truck. Enjoy that beauty.

Back