• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Corpus Area Trails

Reaction score
Any recommendations on trails in the Corpus area on up towards Kenedy, Goliad and Three Rivers. Thanks in advance.

Almost all the farm roads are paved now around Kenedy. What was not paved before the Eagle Ford is now paved for the trucks.

I’d suggest east and west of hwy 119 which runs off 183 north of Goliad to Stockdale . Not much south of Yorktown but north, there’s still some decent dirt/caliche. Also some good roads around Nixon. Unfortunately they are paving faster than google earth can keep up so it’s kinda hit n miss.

I've ridden most of the roads around Kenedy and if you like two lane through cattle and mesquite country, you can ride for miles with little traffic. Until you find a water truck making a wide turn it is fairly lonely.

For a stop in Kenedy try the city park behind HEB. There is a burger joint in town that is cheap and makes good burgers (RJ's) but is not always open. The new Flash Burger is good but expensive.

There is a biker park near Pettus but it is only open for special events. I guess that is my biggest disappointment with riding the area - few areas to pull off the pavement and enjoy a park. When I ride East of DFW, every little town has a city park and a historical marker.

By the way, I’ve been trying to start a southern contingent for monthly dirt rides. Hopefully we can get a few more routes and link em for a real nice day ride

^what he said

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

By the way, I’ve been trying to start a southern contingent for monthly dirt rides. Hopefully we can get a few more routes and link em for a real nice day ride

Hi, South Tex. I would be interested in monthly dirt rides.

`The OP asked about " TRAILS" . I don`t know of any trails close to that area. Charlies pasture in Port A used to fun before they screwed that up .

Last edited:
Hi, South Tex. I would be interested in monthly dirt rides.

Cool! Did about 70 miles of dirt with aspr yesterday on our xrl650’s. He’s motocross fast and I’m more of a scenery guy. Scenery including his dust! We will give you a shout on our next ride.

Kirk

Cool! Did about 70 miles of dirt with aspr yesterday on our xrl650’s. He’s motocross fast and I’m more of a scenery guy. Scenery including his dust! We will give you a shout on our next ride.

Kirk
My mind says I am still motocross fast, but then my body reminds me that it is 59 not 19 years old. When we ride together, you can remind me too.....

But you're too loud. Stop yelling!!

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
WHAT?
65df624dbb668a7c1a85f2448f91ebff.gif

Sorry, but I'm a little confused about this thread. Are we talking about "trails" for dirt bikes? Because that's what I think of when I hear (see) that word. Or are we talking about routes on backroads that include some black top, some dirt or caliche & gravel for dual sports? -- with maybe just maybe a little bit of a super slab to make another connection to more backroads.

Please help this old guy understand.

Sorry, but I'm a little confused about this thread. Are we talking about "trails" for dirt bikes? Because that's what I think of when I hear (see) that word. Or are we talking about routes on backroads that include some black top, some dirt or caliche & gravel for dual sports? -- with maybe just maybe a little bit of a super slab to make another connection to more backroads.

Please help this old guy understand.
Me thinks you got it right

I am dual sport rider in the Corpus area. The only dirt road that I have been down so far is Rancho Grande road / Boenig road between Bayside and Bonnieview in Refugio county. It is a small area. Points of interest are Mullins bayou, the Aransas river boat ramp and the mission river boat ramp. Bayside has a convenience store, a park on the water front with historical markers. There are times when mosquito spray is necessary. The picture below is on Mullins bayou road

Attachments

• IMG_0097.jpeg
    IMG_0097.jpeg
    345.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back