• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend & Lone Star Reunion Feb 28 - Mar 3, 2019

Anyone trailering from Austin with an extra spot? Willing to split gas and maybe throw an extra for the help.

Worst case, anyone else riding from Austin?

Signed up and got my room today. FYI Big Bend Resort & Adventures still has rooms.

Y
Don't hold your breath. Get a Beta, KTM or Husky and be done with it.
Yeah, the 701 is said to have smooth single. They have made improvements to the 690 this year too. I'm just hung up on the idea of a twin

Anyone else planning on camping in BBNP? Looks like Rattlesnake Mountain Campsite is the best bet (15 min from ride HQ) with Croton Springs as a backup (20 min) I'll probably end up with the truck/bbq at one of those, let me know if anyone wants to share a site!

I’m looking for a camping spot. Let me know if you are still interested.

Or anyone else for that matter. Who has a camping ground? It’ll just be me.

We did it from Marfa last year, with no gates. This year I'm thinking of starting in Terlingua, cutting across BBRSP, then around on Pinto Canyon to Candelaria. Back on 170. Anybody who's in Terlingua Thursday morning is welcome to join.
I was planning to do a loop up thru that area. If I am around, I'll ride it with you. cell # is 903-422-1993 , just give me a text.

Update on Los Gringos RV park: Hermann and Tim are playing host to a very large crew involved with the construction of a new airport. Nearly 100% of the RV park is temporarily holding trucks, trailers, and heavy equipment. Chances are they will not have spots by the time of our rally. Sad news...

I am trailering from OKC. Can pick up passenger in Wichita Falls. Abilene etc. also haven’t made my camping arrangements — guess I need to carbs up on forum posts regarding campgrounds or lodging.

Update on Los Gringos RV park: Hermann and Tim are playing host to a very large crew involved with the construction of a new airport. Nearly 100% of the RV park is temporarily holding trucks, trailers, and heavy equipment. Chances are they will not have spots by the time of our rally. Sad news...
I have secured a site at the Study Butte Rv park.

No, not for this year's event.

In past years we have had access to some private land in Terlingua for camping but that land is no longer available.

The closest camping is at the Big Bend Motor Inn & Resort in Study Butte. Other camping areas are available in the area.

I'm looking at the reservation site but it only shows RV Sites? Is that what I'm supposed to reserve if I'm looking for a tent campground?

I'm looking at the reservation site but it only shows RV Sites? Is that what I'm supposed to reserve if I'm looking for a tent campground?

They have a section just for tent camping. Since they reservation site doesn't show tent camping my suggestion is to the call them and ask how to reserve a tent spot.

Back