• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WACO AREA: Annual Freezeree at Ghost Ranch. Jan 18-20

Hmm, I've never been there. Ridden past plenty of times.

And my sanity is just as fractured whether you RSVP or not, but A) it is a new feature to try and use B) if there weren't any other people coming there is a sale at the Camera store in Austin that I could blow some money at...yep, the old ulterior motive scenario. :rofl:

How many do you have at present? Its going to be a bit cool, and 15+mph winds for fanning the flames. I have gone as far as unpacking my tent this a.m. to make sure all parts were still there. But as much as I'd love to see ya'll it sounds like it would be a camping gear trial run for an early May Alaska trip. We could all just ride out to Big Bend tomorrow and hang out for a couple days if it's any warmer :-)

How many do you have at present? Its going to be a bit cool, and 15+mph winds for fanning the flames. I have gone as far as unpacking my tent this a.m. to make sure all parts were still there. But as much as I'd love to see ya'll it sounds like it would be a camping gear trial run for an early May Alaska trip. We could all just ride out to Big Bend tomorrow and hang out for a couple days if it's any warmer :-)

Looks like 4 arriving on Friday, me on either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.

Gate is open if anyone gets there and I am not there. Just shut it though because I have 100 head of goats now. Come tonight if ya want. I took tomorrow off:welcome:

Rusty,
Looks like 4 arriving on Friday, me on either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.
I am indeed packing my bike at present. Let me know when you plan to go. Sat a.m. the weather is better than Fri afternoon, when I think the rain hits. If you wanna swing by here (Thorndale) and grab me, I can show you the new place and we can ride up together if you want company. Otherwise
I'll probably be there by early Sat. a.m.
Ed

I was undecided on which bike to bring so this morning I take a break from my chores and look them over. Turns out my VStrom has a peculiar chain issue so I turned to the FJR with 11000 miles on the rear tire and was ok with the remaining tread, but not with the strange cuts on the tread. So I pulled the wheel and brought it to Cycle Gear after calling first. They installed a pilot road 5 on it in 15 minutes, but putting the wheel back wore me out. Still expect to be there tomorrow.

I was undecided on which bike to bring so this morning I take a break from my chores and look them over. Turns out my VStrom has a peculiar chain issue so I turned to the FJR with 11000 miles on the rear tire and was ok with the remaining tread, but not with the strange cuts on the tread. So I pulled the wheel and brought it to Cycle Gear after calling first. They installed a pilot road 5 on it in 15 minutes, but putting the wheel back wore me out. Still expect to be there tomorrow.

Sometimes its a lot tougher going back on... That crazy alignment and wheel spacing etc is a pain. Why I still love VFRS, despite not owning one for a while. Pop wheel off; pop it back on, no alignment required.

I've been real pleased with the weather becoming less radicle as the week has gone by , it was cold enough at the beginning of the week for me to need to drain pipes before I left here now I'm good to go , no draining needed trailer is all packed except grocerys so I'll be headed out of here in the morning .

I'd park and wait for the Ghost to show. Sounds like you are at the top of the place, not the correct entrance, through the small side road entrance down off the previous turn off if I remember correctly.

I'd park and wait for the Ghost to show. Sounds like you are at the top of the place, not the correct entrance, through the small side road entrance down off the previous turn off if I remember correctly.
Yea guess I’ll just hotel it till tomorrow

Yea guess I’ll just hotel it till tomorrow
If your still at the property go out the driveway left toward town till the next left on a paved county rd and turn left at the bottom of the hill , couple hundred yards go to the first gate on the left with a traffic cone at the ditch thru the gate and chase all the goats away from so they don't get out follow the gravel road , turns right couple hundred feet till the turn than couple hundred feet more and turn left before the little bridge and set your tent back along the little creek to the left where your protected in the woods . You'll go past a trailer house . or set your tent past the houses to the left back by the barn and move down to the campfire tomorrow in the daylight . There's no lights down by the campfire .

If your still at the property go out the driveway left toward town till the next left on a paved county rd and turn left at the bottom of the hill , couple hundred yards go to the first gate on the left with a traffic cone at the ditch thru the gate and chase all the goats away from so they don't get out follow the gravel road , turns right couple hundred feet till the turn than couple hundred feet more and turn left before the little bridge and set your tent back along the little creek to the left where your protected in the woods . You'll go past a trailer house . or set your tent past the houses to the left back by the barn and move down to the campfire tomorrow in the daylight . There's no lights down by the campfire .
Thank you!! Already made to hotel though. Appreciate it

I'm out for this event, work sprouted a little 'it'd be good if you were around' sorta thing so I need to stick close in case. Yall have a fun weekend.

Rusty,

I am indeed packing my bike at present. Let me know when you plan to go. Sat a.m. the weather is better than Fri afternoon, when I think the rain hits. If you wanna swing by here (Thorndale) and grab me, I can show you the new place and we can ride up together if you want company. Otherwise
I'll probably be there by early Sat. a.m.
Ed

I have no idea which way is up right now. Justin Smith (coolhand) was in town and I hadn't seen him in years. So Gravel Guy and I met him for some beer down at the Live Oak Brewery. I definitely brought a knife to a gunfight. Mark works at a beer distributor and Justin has a family brewery. Then some of my servers thought it would be fun to have problems all night and they kept texting me about sites going down. So I'm dragging, but alive.

Plan will be to get my 8 hours in today and see what the weather brings. I'm working from home so I should be able to pack the bike during a break. Gear is already piled up and ready. I'll decide around 3pm whether to leave today or tomorrow.

I have no idea which way is up right now. Justin Smith (coolhand) was in town and I hadn't seen him in years. So Gravel Guy and I met him for some beer down at the Live Oak Brewery. I definitely brought a knife to a gunfight. Mark works at a beer distributor and Justin has a family brewery. Then some of my servers thought it would be fun to have problems all night and they kept texting me about sites going down. So I'm dragging, but alive.

Plan will be to get my 8 hours in today and see what the weather brings. I'm working from home so I should be able to pack the bike during a break. Gear is already piled up and ready. I'll decide around 3pm whether to leave today or tomorrow.

Hey Rusty,
Mark and I are kind of neighbors. He lives over near Windmill. If I have it correctly, Mark ships 100,000 cases of beer in a week sometimes when its busy.
I think we are good on weather till late tonight. I was thinking of leaving around noon today to get set up before dark. Sounds like you may be pretty tired by the end of the day. If you can text me around noon with any updates to your plan, I can decide whether to blast off or wait. Off to load the bike. 720-326-5171

ed

Looks like I'm out. Got to work tomorrow. Make a delivery in Fort Worth. I "may" make it tomorrow evening !

Just talked to Dody. Gate is unlocked, but closed. There are some goats still loose, so close the gate behind you. The pavilion area is open right now so the goats would trim the grass for us. You can chase them out and close it up if they've done there job. Wood near the fire pit is a mix of cedar and other stuff, feel free to start a fire. There is a separate pile near the pavilion that is oak, that's for smoking/cooking so don't start on that for heat.

Dody got called in to work, but hopes to be there by 4pm or so.

Rain chances there have dropped to near zero. Temps are going to be nicer than original forecast.

Just talked to Dody. Gate is unlocked, but closed. There are some goats still loose, so close the gate behind you. The pavilion area is open right now so the goats would trim the grass for us. You can chase them out and close it up if they've done there job. Wood near the fire pit is a mix of cedar and other stuff, feel free to start a fire. There is a separate pile near the pavilion that is oak, that's for smoking/cooking so don't start on that for heat.

Dody got called in to work, but hopes to be there by 4pm or so.

Rain chances there have dropped to near zero. Temps are going to be nicer than original forecast.

Y'all have fun. I'll try to make it out there tomorrow evening if I can.

Back