• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New to Texas

Reaction score
Hello All
I happened to find this this Forum the other morning. I have decided to get my bike shipped down here form Canada and get back into the whole adventure riding thing again. I look forward to meeting up with people from over the next year and looking forward to discovering some of the Texas back roads.
Here is a picture of my current bike and the 640 is the first real Adventure bike I bought and kind of regret selling
20150610_143552_resized.jpg
Nordegg 006.jpg

Welcome to the site! :wave:

I am afraid we don't have much adventure riding that can compare to Canada, but it is not all bad. The closest stuff for you will be North of Houston. If you are on the West side of I-45, it is more dirt/gravel county roads. If you are on the East side of I-45, you will find more sand in addition to the dirt/gravel. We don't really have much in the way of public lands here like the states out West have. If you trail ride, you either ride in private parks or head to the Sam Houston NF up by Conroe.

For longer trips, there is Arkansas, New Mexico, and Old Mexico.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

I am afraid we don't have much adventure riding that can compare to Canada, but it is not all bad. The closest stuff for you will be North of Houston. If you are on the West side of I-45, it is more dirt/gravel county roads. If you are on the East side of I-45, you will find more sand in addition to the dirt/gravel. We don't really have much in the way of public lands here like the states out West have. If you trail ride, you either ride in private parks or head to the Sam Houston NF up by Conroe.

For longer trips, there is Arkansas, New Mexico, and Old Mexico.
Ya it's going to be different than the Bush single track or quad trails . I am ok with putting miles on to find trails or camping spots. Bad day on the bike is better than a great day in the office

Back